Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Empty Flights of Fancy: Two Doves

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:38 am

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves
    by ERS Game Studios - September, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's EditionStandard Edition

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Flights-of-fancy-two-doves-collectors-edition_feature

Save your kingdom from disaster in Flights of Fancy: Two Doves! You return home from a royal party to discover that your estate has been robbed. Someone has stolen the magic dove that has been in your family for generations. To make matters worse, the king's magic dove has also been stolen, and if the thief learns how to use the power of the two birds, the consequences could be disastrous! With the king missing and the kingdom's citizens falling victim to a strange curse, it's up to you to save the kingdom. Embark on an extraordinary journey in this gorgeous Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Learn elven secrets in a bonus adventure
    • Screensavers, wallpapers and concept art
    • Replay hidden-object puzzles and mini-games
    • Integrated Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Th_screen1_Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Th_screen2_Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves O9fj
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves Empty Re: Flights of Fancy: Two Doves

Post by RenaissanceMom Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:50 am

Hmm, ERS, right? Let's see: there are those infamous slightly washed-out scenes where everything's the same color. There's a cute animal helper or two. And I'm sure we'll be heartily congratulated for finding a screwdriver.

Nah, BTDT. I'm not even demo'ing this one. Rolling Eyes
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Post by Sportygal2009 Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:57 am

Yeah when Genki posted the upcoming games and this one was on the list and please keep in mind I haven't even demoed one of ERS games for a year now and well I don't even have to download it to know who the developer is. I can tell by the screen shots. Belly laugh 

From what I've read you do have to dress up animals but I haven't read anything like their last offering about having to find soap so the raccoons can wash their clothes. alien2 

If ERS wants to make children's games well that's fine but have a children's genre.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Justie did a review on this one -- hopefully she'll get it copied over soon, 'cause she had some interesting things to say Smile

You know, maybe ERS is making these kinds of games because people (in general, not me Silly face) were complaining about every game coming out being too dark.  If this is a Bright & Cheery game, it's all good, but if they're putting cutesy things in a d&e game, that's just not right!

Flights of Fancy: Two Doves O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:35 am

Oops! Trouble with my connections last night. I "thought" I had posted this. Sorry friends, and thank you for the seal of approval genkicoll Smile 

Any Sweeter, I’d Need Insulin  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    The title is Flights Of Fancy, the developer is ERS. So I knew exactly what we’re getting here before I started the download. The locations will be beautiful, there will be cute creatures, maybe some truly magical ones, and an adorable companion whom I maybe will dress up or otherwise pamper.

And that’s pretty much the way it is. If you are one of the people who are over cute – RUN! This one is so sweet it’s saccharine. And I still love it.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, fanciful, magical, gorgeous. And of course ERS’s signature hand painted style. The only HO scene I played showed clear and detailed items. The voiceovers are an interesting mix – no two accents the same. I like that, a truly diverse kingdom, of many races. Even the music is pretty, and a good range of ambient sounds.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    Returning from the King’s ball, you find your estate in a mess. Your seneschal(?) tells you the inhabitants of your estate have been turned into tiny statues and the magical dove is gone. Evidence points to your neighbour, Count Boss. But while he is known to cause trouble, this level of evil seems beyond him. So we go to interrogate him.

MAKING PROGRESS
    There are a few less HOPs than usual in this game. In fact, I saw only one progressive (find & use) silhouette game, visited twice. There are 11 HOPs and 17 puzzles/mini-games in total, according to the extras. Either I’m way tired or this game is more difficult than most, because I needed to check the SG a couple of times to work out the instructions to the new and original puzzles.

I also had a bit of trouble working out where to go, even with an interactive jump map which shows active tasks and completed locations IF you choose. There are several other options available in the custom difficulty settings – including no black bar comments or sparkles. (Perhaps the experts might forgive the cuteness in light of the better gameplay options.)

BLING!
    Hint is represented by an elf with an arrow he shoots off in the right direction. You gain extra hints by collecting golden arrows. You also must collect 15 cursed inhabitants, presumably to restore once you win. Your fairy gains special powers when you find her certain objects.

Achievements. These are the usual sort of things, and each is represented by a ‘bubble’ inside the fairy’s house. That is our only decorating task, though. As well we have gallery items, SG, replayables and bonus chapter.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    I know a lot of you are sick of cute, and we certainly are being swamped with them, but this still looks too good for me to resist, and perhaps those difficulty options will entice you!

I recommend this game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:38 am