Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Empty Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

Post by genkicoll Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye
    by ChaYoWo Games - July, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Legends-of-the-east-the-cobras-eye-ce_feature

Stop a devastating war and save the man you love in Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye! A long-forgotten artifact has just resurfaced, and evil forces are racing to claim it. To make matters worse, the love of your life, Daniel, has somehow gotten himself mixed up in the mess. Now you must find Daniel and uncover the truth behind the legendary Cobra's Eye before the fate of the world is changed forever. Your destiny awaits you in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus game for exciting background on the Cobra's Eye!
    • Downloadable wallpapers and soundtracks
    • Concept art from the developers

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Th_screen1_Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Th_screen2_Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Th_screen3

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye O9fj
    Sportygal2009
    Sportygal2009

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Empty Re: Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

Post by Sportygal2009 Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 pm

DELETED

Last edited by Sportygal2009 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Empty Re: Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:21 am

UPDATE AFTER COMPLETED GAME

This game is much better than I thought from first appearances. The story is really good and kept me interested till the end. My only complaint is that I fancied the bad guy so I was outa luck there! devilish grin I'd bump it on up to 5 stars now.

Decent, If Not Inspired, SE Game  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny 

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Despite a nice start, it is immediately obvious that this game is going to be pretty basic. The cut scenes are good, the voiceovers are great. But there is something in the no frills interface and menu page that tell you this is not going to have bells or whistles, and it doesn’t. Nice that it is set in India.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The artwork in the game itself is pretty tatty I thought. While the (many) cut scenes have a nice flow, and imaginative characters that are very well drawn (and yes, the guys are better looking than ‘we’ are – now THAT’S different!), the rest is rough around the edges. No noticeable ambiance, but the music was pretty good to listen to.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    That’s the question, what IS happening? The story is complex and intriguing. Boyfriend sends you away so he can concentrate all his energies into finding some artefact with the usual scary legend behind it. But the moment he disappears, you rush back to help his friend to find him. Someone seems to want you dead, there are ghostly apparitions, undead beings and untrustworthy associates. The full story on this one is already something I really want to find out about, and it promises to be a busy adventure finding out.

MAKING PROGRESS
    Very uninspired game play here. I felt there was a leaning towards simple, sometimes quite unusual, puzzles over HO scenes. The HOs are standard interactive lists. The map is interactive and acts as a transporter. Hint is directional. There is an incredible amount of things to do in each location, and this may be the game’s saving grace. There is no chance of boredom, even with the predictable tasks.

BLING!
    The Cryptic Disk is a gadget that works only for you and allows you to see hidden symbols. When the disk is glowing find the 4 symbols and it will reveal a page of Daniel’s (boyfriend) notes. This is a nice touch for getting the necessary back story to understand what’s going on.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    More than average activity in each location and an engaging story save an otherwise very ordinary game, but it is still not a CE worthy game. (CE extras are basic – gallery, SG, bonus chapter). I recommend the SE version.

I recommend this game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 am

Oh, interesting!  I'm not a huge fan of ChaYoWo (was bored with the Dark Hills of Cherai,) but now I'll have to check this out!  Wonder if I already bought it... Hmm...  lol~

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 am