Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

When in Rome

genkicoll
    genkicoll

When in Rome Empty When in Rome

Post by genkicoll Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:01 pm

When in Rome
    by Realore - July, 2013

Available at:
    Realore
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

When in Rome When-in-rome_feature

Realore introduces a brand new strategy game where players can put themselves in the shoes of Flavius, experienced Roman warrior who had to retire and needs to build a new life for himself.

After he got injured, Flavius is sad and lonely, he can't be a warrior anymore and he is not wealthy. Meanwhile, the Roman Empire prospers and the Emperor decides to expand territories. He assigns Flavius a position of instructor for those who will build new settlements and towns, and take care of farming lands.

Make Flavius' dreams come true! Travel across 41 challenging levels, help locals along the way, and organize production and delivery of various goods. When in Rome, do as Flavius does.

• 41 Challenging Levels
    • Organize production and delivery of goods and products
    • Build new settlements and towns

Click images to enlarge
    When in Rome Th_screen1_When in Rome Th_screen2_When in Rome Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

When in Rome Empty Re: When in Rome

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Nothing New, But Fun ***

BASED ON DEMO

This resource management game, like so many others, is set in the time of the Roman Empire. You are faced with rebuilding the land, exploring new territory, and setting up new trades.

There are 3 levels of difficulty, including untimed (the only one I can do!). As well as building, you also trade. It is one of those games where you must assign each individual worker to a task, and haggling with the trader is one of them. You must buy extra workers, as well as raw materials where they are scarce.

You can replay levels.

There are the usual power ups, speed, increased production, etc.

There is a shining amber hidden in each level to be found for extra points.

The landscape graphics are nicely done, the figures move well, and the sounds are good. But you can disable all sound, or just the voices, if you want.

So far, there have been earthquakes to disrupt your building schemes, and rain every day past a certain point.

As I say, nothing new here, even to one as inexperienced as I am with these sort of games, but enjoyable and challenging.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 am