Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

The Secret World (MMO)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Secret World (MMO) Empty The Secret World (MMO)

Post by genkicoll Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 pm

The Secret World
    by Funcom - August, 2013

Available at:
    Steam

The Secret World (MMO) Header_292x136

Visit the official website HERE.

Pay once; play forever. Subscription no longer required.

Hidden within our own modern-day world is a secret world. A world where every myth, legend, and conspiracy theory is true. And now, dark forces are on the move and secrets that should have remained forever buried have finally been uncovered. The world is about to discover that the terrors that have plagued our nightmares are all very real.

Dark days are here. Everything is true. Everything.

United in the fight against the rising darkness stand three secret societies: the Dragon, the Templars, and the Illuminati. Their secret war for the power to control the world is fought on the battlefield and in the boardrooms, and through quiet whispers into the ears of CEOs and presidents they influence the fate of entire nations.

Recruited to become agents for these secret societies, civilians – the players – are granted access to the true power embedded in their DNA. Finally capable of tapping into their full potential, these agents can now master any weapon, learn any power, and take on any role they want in the secret war and the battle against the rising darkness.

You have been chosen. Welcome to The Secret World.

• Join a secret society and fight for your side.

• Join one of three secret societies: the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templar.
      • Fight for your secret society through participation in massive persistent player vs. player battles in the Fusang Projects warzone where over 200 players clash together as they fight for the power to rule the world, will the result affecting everyone on your server
      • Follow your destiny as your secret society requests your help and you embark on the story of a life-time

• Explore a vibrant, modern-day setting

• Explore locations all over our own, modern-day world and immerse yourself in a setting unlike anything seen before in an MMO.
      • Explore real-world locations such as New York, Seoul and London – and travel to exotic and mythical locations such as New England, Egypt, Transylvania and even Hell!

• No classes, no levels – total freedom of play

• Choose seven active and seven passive abilities from several hundred that can be unlocked, and create the character you want to play
      • No locked pattern of progress – you decide what to become. Combine swords with machine guns or chaos magic with dual pistols – the choice is yours!

• A groundbreaking audio-visual experience

• Based on Funcom’s proprietary DreamWorld engine, The Secret World delivers one the most visually impressive MMO gaming experiences to date.
      • Scales to perform smoothly on lower-end systems all the way up to the latest DirectX 11 graphic cards.
      • An NVIDIA “The Way It’s Meant to Be Played” title, featuring support for 3D Vision, TXAA and more.
      • Features an original soundtrack and in-game musical contributions from more than a hundred musical artists from around the world.

• A storyline unlike anything seen in an MMO

• From the creative mind of Ragnar Tørnquist, the creator of the award-winning The Longest Journey, comes a mature story unlike anything you have ever seen before in an MMO.
      • Experience story-based missions featuring full voice-acting and in-game cinematics that brings the world and its story to life.
      • Embark on missions far from the usual run-of-the-mill MMO quests, as you investigate, sabotage and involve yourself in an incredibly deep storyline.

The Secret World (MMO) Ss_0f3d887a247a24afea344627ade62e93da40a5a7.600x338The Secret World (MMO) Ss_7cd327ddf81c7c4776aac2e04c18fd15ba80b980.600x338The Secret World (MMO) Ss_eeb5b8dcad445a5361a2e006a5f95233c4387774.600x338The Secret World (MMO) Ss_82df8a85bc36a0cf35d5d044b08dcdc9912c9fdf.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Secret World (MMO) Empty Re: The Secret World (MMO)

Post by genkicoll Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:41 pm

I was looking at this game because it's the Daily Deal at Steam today, and I was intrigued by the ambiance of the game, as seen in the screenshots.  I'm seriously considering getting this one, simply because of this review:

MMORPG.com wrote:The bottom line is that TSW is a very good game right now and is a great game in the making. It's got one of the most compelling storylines of any MMO I have ever played which is enough to bring in even the most jaded MMO fan. Add in a dedicated team of developers anxious to make itthe go-to MMO for players and you have a surefire recipe for success. I am convinced that Funcom will deliver on the promises given and am anxious to see what's next. I firmly believe that The Secret World, like a fine wine, is one of those rare MMOs that will only improve with time and attention, something that Funcom is clearly prepared to do.

A game that has "one of the most compelling storylines of any MMO I have ever played"?  Oh YES!  I'll check into it further tonight, and if I can swing it, I'll be getting this one Happy bounce
    Oduda
    Oduda

Post by Oduda Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:47 am

I have played several Funcom games.  The secret world is definitely interesting and you can sink a bunch of hours into it.  The first section of the game (the first three maps really) are actually quite enjoyable.  I found my interest in the next section to be less so.  I also prefer their other MMO, that being Age of Conan as well as their Survival game, Conan Exiles (I play that one pretty regularly).
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:52 am

I never did jump into this game, nor any other MMO.  I have to be able to jump up from my computer at any moment (this is why I stream after youngest has gone to sleep), and I really wouldn't want to leave my teammates hanging.  Maybe one day Big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm