Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz Empty Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz
    by: Fugazo

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC

Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz Fiction-fixers-the-curse-of-oz_feature

The Land of Oz is in great peril. An evil man has erected towers that
    consume the people, light, and energy of Oz itself. Protect Dorothy and
    Toto as they travel across Oz in hopes of finding a way home to Kansas.
    Team up with the Scarecrow, the Tinman, and the Lion and use their
    powers to overcome great obstacles. Beware of the Wicked Witch and
    Victor Vile! It’s up to you to save Dorothy and the Land of Oz in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ, a fun Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.

Click images to enlarge
    Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz Th_screen1 Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz Th_screen2 Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz Empty Re: Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Fiction Fixers: The Curse of Oz (IHOG)

You have multiple options to choose from, including custom cursor and the ability to "stretch screen" (for widescreen monitors, I assume).

Fiction Fixers again takes us on a familiar journey, accentuated by their own twists. The FF version of the story is based on the books, not the movie, so there will be tasks that need to be done that you may not be familiar with (including the fact that Dorothy has silver shoes, not ruby Wink)

The art is nice, the voiceovers cute and the screens very dark. Yes, darkness has shrouded the land, but making the scenes so dim that you have trouble seeing the items you're looking for is a cop-out, in my opinion. Hide things so that they're not staring us right in the face, but don't depend on poorly-lighted artwork to increase the difficulty.

The gameplay itself is pretty well done, with items to find and assemble (usually the pieces are scattered across several scenes), hidden object scenes and occasional use of one of your friends' talents to get you to new places. There is a map that will show you when the locations may have a hidden object scene or activity to do, as well as which areas are active and which are complete.

It's a good game, but like the first FF game, the scenes are too dim to really be enjoyable. Give us a brightness option on these games, Fiction Fixers! I think you'll get more sales! I know that I would buy both of the games if there was just a way to adjust the brightness (and yes, my screen is turned up as bright as it will go!)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am