Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed Empty Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:26 am

Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed Sad_glitch_girl_124041
    A Sad Announcement from Tiny Speck

This is a horrible day. This is a horrible thing to have to say: Glitch is closing. The live game/world will be closed on December 9th at 8pm Pacific time (see when this is in your time zone). The website and forums will remain available until the end of the year, so players can still communicate and find each other. Glitch HQ, the Glitch API and third party applications which rely on the Glitch API will become unavailable at the same time as the website closure.

Automatic refunds for recent purchases will begin immediately. Refunds for older transactions will need to be done manually and will be processed as quickly as possible, from most recent to oldest. For details on your payments, to request a refund, or to see the status of your refund, please visit the refund information page.

Unfortunately, Glitch has not attracted an audience large enough to sustain itself and based on a long period of experimentation and our best estimates, it seems unlikely that it ever would. And, given the prevailing technological trends — the movement towards mobile and especially the continued decline of the Flash platform on which Glitch was built — it was unlikely to do so before its time was up. Glitch was very ambitious and pushed the limits of what could be done in a browser-based game ... and then those limits pushed back.

For many of us at Tiny Speck, the creation of something like Glitch was a long-held dream. There's no better word than "heartbreaking" to describe what it feels like to have to do this. And we know that for many of you who poured your creativity, energy and imagination into Glitch and the community, it will be heartbreaking as well. We are sorry to have let you down.

We are grateful to have had the opportunity to play with you. The game was absolutely preposterous. And yet, we kind of liked it.

http://www.glitch.com/closing/

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed Empty Re: Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 am

For refund info, sign in to your account and go here:
    http://www.glitch.com/closing//refunds

For those who have made purchases, it looks like they're offering a FULL refund on any purchases you've made during the course of the game. If you are eligible for a refund, you have three options:

- I would like to have the money refunded.
    - I would like to have this amount donated to Partners in Health.

or
    - I already got what I paid for and would like Tiny Speck to keep the proceeds.

I think it's VERY cool of them to give us these options, and whatever you choose can be changed through the cutoff date of November 30th.

I'm so sad to see that Glitch is closing its doors Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed 2164293255 I've been busy doing other things lately, but I've still been popping in to Glitch now and then to zone out.

Expect a lot of screens to show up in the screenshots thread! I'm hoping they'll allow me to link (that they'll be leaving the Glitch Snaps available after closure), but otherwise, I'll have to clear out my Flickr account!

Glitch can still be played through December 9th.

As a farewell gift, they have given us all over 2500 credits (the kind purchased with real money) to play with, so go, play... enjoy it while it lasts!
    _DD_
    _DD_

Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed Empty Re: Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed

Post by _DD_ Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 am

genkicoll wrote:Glitch is officially no longer, hence the melancholy banner of the day.
    I have no connection to this game, but I'm sorry to see you sad, genki.
    *huggss* Smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks, DD Farewell to Glitch - Doors Now Closed 941308610
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:29 pm