Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland Empty Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland

Post by genkicoll Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:01 am

Hidden Mysteries: Gates of Graceland
    by Gatemill/Gunnar Games - October, 2012

Series links: Hidden Mysteries 1: Civil WarHidden Mysteries 2: Buckingham Palace, Hidden Mysteries 3: The White House, Hidden Mysteries 4: The Fateful Voyage Titanic, Hidden Mysteries 5: Vampire Secrets, Hidden Mysteries 6: Salem Secrets, Hidden Mysteries 7: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris, Hidden Mysteries 8: The Forbidden City, Hidden Mysteries 9: Royal Family Secrets, Hidden Mysteries 10: Return To The Titanic, Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac
    iWin

Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland Hidden-mysteries-gates-of-graceland_feature

Hidden Mysteries®: Gates of Graceland® is a hidden object adventure game that revolves around the fictional premise that Elvis wrote a song shortly before he died as a tribute to his late mother.  The song wasn't recorded and is hidden someone in Graceland. You discover the first clue that the song exists and set out to locate it. Search the legendary Graceland to locate the remaining pieces of the song and assemble Elvis' lost musical treasure!

• Home movies and other video clips of Elvis
    • Music performed by Elvis Presley!
    • Hidden object scenes based on Elvis' many hits
    • Each scene is based on rooms from the real Graceland

Click images to enlarge
    Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland Th_screen1 Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland Th_screen2Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland Empty Re: Hidden Mysteries 11: Gates of Graceland

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:43 am

Developer: Gunnar Games

Groundbreaking
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This game is SPECIAL, UNIQUE, “goes where no game has gone before...”

I’ve never seen another game like it. It incorporates REAL LIFE NEWSREEL FOOTAGE into the game’s VISUALS. These are REPLAYABLE video clips of Elvis and are BLENDED BEAUTIFULLY with the game’s own ART – and the STORY.

It also offers us an original SONG we must piece together, sung in a CREDIBLE Elvis-like voice, which can also be replayed as you get more of it. The WELL CRAFTED LOCATIONS are all crowded with MEMORIBILIA (much of which is recognisably based on actual material), the HOUSE is drawn from the REAL GRACELAND, and the VARIED SOUNDTRACK fits BRILLIANTLY with the mood and times of Elvis Presley.

I must admit, if you’re NOT a FAN of Elvis, the degree to which his image is splashed around in this game might be TOO MUCH.

The STORY is just such a REFRESHINGLY NEW IDEA. As a music historian, you come across evidence that Elvis wrote a FINAL SONG just before his death. You go to Graceland to track down the song. Upon your arrival, you receive a bump on the head, and when you recover consciousness you begin to have VISIONS of Elvis throughout his life. These are interspersed with your exploration of Elvis’ home.

This is primarily a simple HO ADVENTURE game. There are NOT MANY PUZZLES & they are mostly easy enough to do. Getting about gets a bit confusing at times, but there is a MAP that gives ACTIVE AREAS and a quick filling DIRECTIONAL HINT. The HO SCENES are strictly LIST with NO ANIMATION or INTERACTION. And there are a great many of them, as this is quite a LONG game.

Many areas do not offer much to do, which is one thing I think the developers could have done differently. My other complaint would be that a MAP inside a JOURNAL is a pain to access.

These developers took on quite a task for themselves when they decided to resurrect ‘THE KING’, but I think they did a GREAT JOB.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am