Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

The Walking Dead: Michonne

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Walking Dead: Michonne Empty The Walking Dead: Michonne

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 pm

by Telltale Games - February, 2016

Series linksThe Walking Dead: Season 1, The Walking Dead: 400 Days (must have Season 1 to play), The Walking Dead: Season 2, The Walking Dead: Michonne, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Available at:
    GamersGate
    GOG
    Humble Store
    Steam

The Walking Dead: Michonne Header

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries stars the iconic, blade-wielding character from Robert Kirkman's best-selling comic books. Haunted by her past, and coping with unimaginable loss and regret, the story explores Michonne's absence between issues #126 and #139 of the comic book.

Includes access to all three episodes (all episodes available now) in this all-new miniseries from the award-winning studio, Telltale Games.

Players will discover what took Michonne away from Rick, Ezekiel, and the rest of her trusted group… and what brought her back.
    The Walking Dead: Michonne Ss_448a524ff66bcb702ea90739cb91f45f044ce4a7.600x338
    The Walking Dead: Michonne Ss_311681576f681d7c56dbc7ae6739833da2a017bf.600x338
    The Walking Dead: Michonne Ss_8b3f9e4fbca976a2f0b23bd83fad20ee5891cdba.600x338

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Walking Dead: Michonne Empty Re: The Walking Dead: Michonne

Post by genkicoll Sun May 07, 2017 9:10 am

Options include Subtitles (OFF by default), Subtitle Size, Resolution (800x600 up to 1920x1080), and separate sliders for Master Volume, Music, and Brightness.

Gameplay is the same as you would expect if you're a Telltale fan... It's an interactive movie where you make decisions that affect how things play out. It seems like there were a lot more QuickTime Events in this installment of the series than I've seen before (haven't played Season 3 yet).  I don't know whether they're easier this time around, or if I've just gotten better at gaming ;)

I am a huge zombie fan, but I've yet to see TWD TV series - nor have I read the comics - so I don't know if Telltale did Michonne justice or not.  I CAN say that her character is a badass with a compelling story, and that the devs did just as amazing a job with choreography, mannerisms, and facial expressions as in their previous games, and the voice-overs are excellent.

There are 21 achievements, but they are all obtained by simply playing the game.

The game took me about four hours to complete (I did not re-play any of my decisions), so it's not very long, but it's also $10 less than a full season of TWD.  One of the antagonists reminded me a lot of a character from Season 2, which threw me off a bit, but overall I'd say that the story was pretty solid, leaving me teary-eyed at one point.  It kept me interested throughout, and I only took one short break during my play-through.

What can I say except that I loved it?  Definitely recommended! Two thumbs up
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun May 07, 2017 9:14 am

Options include Subtitles (OFF by default), Subtitle Size, Resolution (800x600 up to 1920x1080), and separate sliders for Master Volume, Music, and Brightness.

Gameplay is the same as you would expect if you're a Telltale fan... It's an interactive movie where you make decisions that affect how things play out. It seems like there were a lot more QuickTime Events in this installment of the series than I've seen before (haven't played Season 3 yet).  I don't know whether they're easier this time around, or if I've just gotten better at gaming ;)

If this is your first dip into the game version of The Walking Dead, you can play without fear - Michonne contains no spoilers for Seasons 1 or 2 (and I'm guessing not for Season 3, either).

I am a huge zombie fan, but I've yet to see TWD TV series - nor have I read the comics - so I don't know if Telltale did Michonne justice or not.  I CAN say that her character is a badass with a compelling story, and that the devs did just as amazing a job with choreography, mannerisms, and facial expressions as in their previous games, and the voice-overs are excellent.

There are 21 achievements, but they are all obtained by simply playing the game.

The game took me about four hours to complete (I did not re-play any of my decisions), so it's not very long, but it's also $10 less than a full season of TWD.  One of the antagonists reminded me a lot of a character from Season 2, which threw me off a bit, but overall I'd say that the story was pretty solid, leaving me teary-eyed at one point.  It kept me interested throughout, and I only took one short break during my play-through.

What can I say except that I loved it?  Definitely recommended! Two thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 am