Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+16
Critteranne
jboliver1999
jessmom01
tesamoine
pippi
Butterflyshrimp
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
BloomingLilac
orphaned
luvtoread
kac
djrum
Esme
genkicoll
marianne
20 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by genkicoll Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 am

Oh absolutely!  I loved the Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 35 Voodoo10 in the Stray Souls game, but he's also not a cute, cuddly widdle fing.  Look at Benny from Dreamscapes!  He was the PERFECT helper for a dark story:  Absolutely adorable, but with a devilish bent.  He looked like he could bite your hand off at any moment! lol~

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 35 O9fj
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 am

JTF---wasen't his name Chuckie?   OH!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 am

I loved that voodoo doll too, I was upset when he died/ascended.  Remember his little buttons melting?   Cry
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 am

luvtoread wrote:JTF---wasen't his name Chuckie?   OH!

lol  OH! Laugh - not quite that scary I suspect.(I've never seen the movies, but couldn't avoid hearing about him. He sounds unbearable!)

I love love love Benny, genki. So cheeky!  Wub
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Hey there!

I have to say something nice about BF here. I'm usually one of the people who is less than impressed with their customer service, but today, I'm thrilled. 

On Sunday I was going through my old emails and I discovered I had FIVE expired game coupons. Totally my own fault. I own it. I decided to email them and see if there was any way I could extend them, though I totally accept that it was all my own doing. I figured it was worth a shot.

Today I got an email from them and FIVE brand new coupon codes. I was shocked and so pleased. I can honestly say I am super excited with this since I probably don't really deserve them. The email stated that I had been such a good customer for so long that they wanted me to have my free games. THAT is the Big Fish I remember from years ago. 

So, since I have not been shy about my occasional dissatisfaction with them, I think it's only fair that I thank and praise them when they have gone above and beyond for me.

Thanks BF! Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:06 pm

esme---that is so cool.   Two thumbs up   Now we have to find games for you.  2muchcompy
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 pm

THAT'S the Big Fish Customer Support I know and love  Okay

It never hurts to ask! Way to go, esme.  Elk grin
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 am

Hi all! Elk grin

Yay, Esme! BFG's Customer Support is awesome. Me, personally, I've never had any problems with them.

I haven't been able to game as much as I'd like due to RL, but I did finish Dark Realm: Queen of Flames. WOW, what a game! The creativity of this developer (Mad Head Games) continues to amaze me. Honestly, I don't think I yawned at all throughout the entire main game plus bonus.
    And that, coming from me, is saying something because I swore to myself I would not buy any more king or queen, enchanted, fairytale-ish type game.
    In addition to the wonderful gameplay and fitting music, unique hidden object scenes and medium difficulty puzzles...the voice overs were top-notch, the best I've heard in a long time!
    And no, I didn't get all my collectibles. I also missed some morphing objects. I've grown quite used to not finding these things even though I diligently search the scenes.
    Oh well, I'll try better next time. Big smile

Also, before I forget...I finished the book, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. Oh my gosh, I loved it! I especially liked the way the author told the story. I don't want to give any spoilers away, so I'll leave it at that.
    Man, what a whirlwind of extreme emotions going through me whilst reading this fantastic book!

Oh, one more thing...Kim Harrison's new book "The Witch With No Name", her last book in the Rachel Morgan series... Cry <----(really, that's how I feel) is out.

I haven't bought it yet, but I'll be getting it soon!!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:53 pm

The LAST?? OH!  AND it's already out?  Wasn't the most recent released in February?  I can't believe no more Hollows books! :(

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 35 O9fj
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:58 am

Is the next installment of  True Fears: Forsaken Souls ever going to come out this fall?  I have been just waiting & waiting. :loopy:In the meantime i have been playing the Puppetshow series in order.  I am on Return to Joyville one now and a did Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon group play at Challengers.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:18 pm

I read  Gone Girl awhile ago.   I almost didn't stick with it,   but just little things here and
    there kept me hooked.   It was definitely mentally twisted.
      I should go see the movie this weekend.

I am on the bonus of Grim Facade:  The Artist and the Pretender.   I really enjoyed it,
    especially the extras about Leonardo DaVinci and the stories that you can listen to
    when you have the pieces you get to fill in the book. 

I receive a beta for Dark Parables:  The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide.

If anyone else is interested   (I hope I do this right)  here it is:

http://downloads.bigfishgames.com/dark-parables-little-mermaid-tide-survey_s1_l1_gF10884T1L1_d2375796501.exe?gameWID=F10884T1L1&downloadID=2375796501&siteID=1&langID=1&type=gminstaller

Not sure if that is right.    Can someone let me know?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:33 pm

I love Dark Parables games, but I don't think I'll do the beta. I'll feel ripped off when it ends! LOL

I'm taking a little break from HOPAs and playing a M3 called Lost in Night. It's doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it's mindlessly entertaining. It's sort of cutesy, but not obnoxiously so. 

I'll probably try to pick up Memento Mori this weekend, but I don't think I have played any of the others in this series. Have any of you? Are they also EG games? Do I need to play the older ones for this one to make sense? Do any of you know? Thanks!

One more day until the weekend... at least where I live. Thank goodness! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 35 Tgif
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes, Genki, the last Rachel Morgan book. Cry I think I heard somewhere that the last book would be released this year. Great reviews, so far! I can't wait to read it!! Oh, but then I can wait because it'll be the last book. Cry

Hi sunshinej, according to the developer's FB page, the next installment of True Fear will be released this fall. Heck, there's hardly any information at all on their FB page. Huh?

Esme, Memento Mori is an Elephant game. I got it this morning at yesterday's sale price. I think I've played all of the Riddles of Fate games, either in SE or CE form.
    No, you don't have to play any of the previous games. IIRC, they all have different storylines.

After reading the book, I wouldn't mind seeing the movie "Gone Girl". I'm wondering how strictly it follows the book and if Ben Affleck does a good job with his portrayal of Nick.

Has anyone seen the preview for the horror movie "Annabelle"? My niece can't wait to see it and she shares the same fright of dolls that I do and that is one gruesome looking doll.
    I'm sure there's a name for this type of phobia.

ETA: I went and looked it up. The fear of dolls is called "pediophobia". Ew, it sounds sort of icky.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:47 pm

I finished Mystery Castle: The Mirror's Secret. Not a bad game for a no bells & whistles SE and only a few misnamed items.

I do have one little bitty nitpick and this goes to all developers. A clock is not a watch. There is a difference. For instance, I've never said to my husband, "Wait a minute, Hon, I forgot my clock." The correct word is watch. You wear a watch on your wrist or perhaps you may carry a pocket watch.
    A clock sets on a mantle, desk, bedside table or hangs on a wall. 

The only person I've ever seen wear a clock is Flava Flav and I don't know why he does it nor do I care to know. I'm not hip.

I hate clicking the hint button in a hidden object scene. The only achievement I may achieve is NOT clicking the hint button and if it's a developer mistake, I tend to get a little angry because, well, I never get all my morphing objects and collectibles (BTW, in Mystery Castle, the morphers are very difficult to spot, so I forgot about them). It's nice to maybe get one achievement out of the whole list.

Just sayin' Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 pm

LOL Flava FLAAAAAAV!!!

That sort of thing irks me too, DJ. I totally get it.

Right now I am playing Memento Mori, which I think you recommended, and it is the first game that has been sufficiently grim in a long time. At least in my opinion. We're helping DEATH after all. I am enjoying it quite a bit. Thanks for the recommendation!  Okay
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:51 pm

I finished  playing the Grim Pretender with Leonardo DaVinci.    I even played the Bonus.

I want to buy the Memento Mori cause Death needs my help and I love his outfit.
    But I am having a heck of a time finding something to pair it with.
    I might get the Harvest something  game.    I played it---I just do
    not remember it at this time.

I did the beta for the Dark Parables.    I actually found myself enjoying it.
    I did leave a comment asking when they are going to put the Dark back into
    the Dark Parables.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Another Echoes of the Past game? Really??? 
    Yeah right

Another Grim Facade??? 
    Yeah right

Puppet Show 37???
    Yeah right Yeah right Yeah right

They're back to milking the cow that lays the golden eggs again. LOL (I love mangled metaphors!) 
    Cow-moo Cow-moo Cow-moo Cow-moo Cow-moo Cow-moo Cow-moo Cow-moo

I'm trying to figure out what the harvest game is. The League of Light one, I assume...

If you guys have played that one or the Paranormal Pursuits one, which would you say is better? Any input is welcome!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:36 pm

lol, Esme! I'm not sure if I'll recommend Riddles of Fate 3, I haven't played it yet, but I did buy it. Big smile
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, gives me something to look forward to.

I demo'd Echoes & I'm on the fence. I'll probably get it because I have all the other ones, just not this weekend. I'm still waiting for BFG to get Weird Park. Heck, it's been out long enough, they should've already got it by now.

I have League of Light: Pumpkinhead or Scarecrows With Pumpkinheads or Grim Pumpkin (I can't remember the title). Anyway, it looked like a good Halloween game.
    It's like the top-rated game of all-time, ever. I think there was a little embellishment going on in the game description. Laugh

I demo'd Paranormal Pursuits and since I didn't fall out of my chair with excitement and anticipation, I may wait for the SE.
    I need to use up some PCCs before they expire.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Yay for you, luvtoread! We need some darker storylines. Okay

I'm like Esme, I'll buy anything Blue Tea releases. Big smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Apparently I have League of Light: Dark Omens.... and have never played it.  Rolling Eyes

I might pick up the new one anyway since its reviews are really quite good. But I'm in no hurry. There really isn't much out that I want that I don't already have and don't they usually have a pretty good sale on spooky games near Halloween? 

I'm with you, DJ! Blue Tea is my favorite!!!  Heart Heart Heart Heart
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:07 pm

I have League of Light: Dark Omens, I've played it, I don't remember it.

I think BF usually has a "Spooky" sale. Now, if they would just get some spooky games.... Silly face

Maybe they're waiting to release Weird Park closer to Halloween.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 pm

djrum wrote:
    Maybe they're waiting to release Weird Park closer to Halloween.

That sounds like something they might do. I know I'm waiting for it too. Very impatiently. 

I love me some creepy carnival games!!!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 35 Cirquexl
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Definitely love those creepy carnival games!!

I faithfully check BF's FB page every Monday.

I should clarify, it's Weird Park 3: The Final Show.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Hello!

I haven't been around for a while, but I wanted to pop in and let everyone know that Black Mirror is on sale for $2.50 USD. I haven't tried it because I was worried it might not run on Windows 7, but I might take a chance for that price.

Genki, I think it was you I mentioned it to a couple of months ago? I was wondering if I'd miss anything if I started with the second or third game in the series.

At any rate, the game requires a Steam account to play it. That's not a problem for me, though. If any of you have played any of the games in the series, please post your thoughts. Thanks in advance, and happy gaming! I hope you're all well.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:50 pm

I played League of Light when it first came out. My review is here.

I remember there were some detractors in bfg, so I didn't know what to expect, but had enjoyed the demo. I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst not a world beater, it was definitely a good game. 1star 1star 1star 1star

Dark and Eerie-wise, I am not so sure. It certainly had its moments, that I do remember!  Shock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:42 am