Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+16
Critteranne
jboliver1999
jessmom01
tesamoine
pippi
Butterflyshrimp
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
BloomingLilac
orphaned
luvtoread
kac
djrum
Esme
genkicoll
marianne
20 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

jboliver1999

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by jboliver1999 Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:31 pm

You are most certainly welcome Big smile 

I just started the game again and found the straw. Did you get
    Spoiler:

It's been so long, I forgot exactly where the straw was.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:26 pm

jboliver1999 wrote:You are most certainly welcome Big smile 

I just started the game again and found the straw. Did you get
    Spoiler:

It's been so long, I forgot exactly where the straw was.

Hello.  I think I got the wheat. Snicker I'm not too far along in the game, so I think I'm going to start over. Now that I know what to do, it should be a lot easier up to the point where I left off. I've made the
    Spoiler:
    It's a fun game. Thanks for the tips.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:48 am

I really need to stop reading the game forums at BFG, it just pisses me off.  The usual suspect is once again making insulting remarks about game players that enjoy the latest offering and he hasn't even played the demo and of course the clucking hens there support every word he utters as if it's gospel.

I'm going to go live in a cave, people bug me.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:02 am

snapnhiss wrote:I really need to stop reading the game forums at BFG, it just pisses me off.  The usual suspect is once again making insulting remarks about game players that enjoy the latest offering and he hasn't even played the demo and of course the clucking hens there support every word he utters as if it's gospel.

I'm going to go live in a cave, people bug me.

I had a look at the new game forum. Now I know who you've all been referring to. I honestly thought it was one of two other male gamers that frequent the forums. Snicker
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 am

I finally put my opinion in.    How long before the Mods lock it?
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:31 am

Well I'll step up and be unpopular here and say that I agree with that "male poster" and have been saying the same things for a long time. I keep replaying the same old BF favorites because - imo - recent games have been much more cookie-cutterish and lack both creativity and real challenge. I am NOT saying anyone's a simpleton for liking them, why would I express an opinion like that? Everyone's entitled to their taste and opinions. But I am disappointed that there aren't more challenging games being released these days as well, for those of us who prefer harder games. And yes, I too have a total abhorrence for dressing up adorable animal "helpers" when inserted into a so-called dark & eerie style game. I believe it's just not the appropriate genre for such cutesiness and I find it irritating and detracts from the otherwise serious storyline. However, I quite enjoy cute game elements in other types of game categories; it's all in the context.

Just one gamer's opinion - no offense or disrespect to anyone intended. It's just nice when we all have lots of choices.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:25 am

I'm not offended by a differing opinion, I actually enjoy reading them but I've never seen you write anything insulting before either.  Calling a game childish, simple minded etc implies that anyone that enjoys it suffers from those same problems.

I agree with you actually, the games have gotten very easy but I still enjoy (some of) them.  I just don't understand why someone who apparently hasn't enjoyed this genre for years would continue to post non-reviews for a game they haven't even played.  It kind of taints the enjoyment of it knowing someone is sneering down his nose at my bad taste in games.  God forbid another ERS game gets released, it's like an angry ant hill in there.  I think they get more enjoyment out of tearing these games apart than looking elsewhere for an afternoon's play.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:31 am

You may be right, snap, but I'm guessing those comments are more about expressing his own frustration and disappointment than to maliciously enjoy tearing down others' pleasure. At least I hope so!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:33 am

Take a look at his profile.  Maybe I'm judging him too harshly but his comments are mostly very insulting and negative.  He needs to find a new hobby if everything annoys him so much.

LuvToRead, that a great comment.  I enjoyed Tauret's remarks as well.
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:32 pm

I haven't read all his posts, not by a mile. But what I've read doesn't sound insulting to me, just really frustrated. And I can understand that. If his reviews are negative, well, there are lots of posters at BFG who love just about every game and give 5-star reviews. It's all just opinions anyway.
    sunshinej
    sunshinej

Post by sunshinej Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:25 pm

BloomingLilac wrote:Hi, sunshine! Nice to meet you. Smile Thank you for your comments.

I started The Lost Crown tonight, but I'm taking a break. Had to check the walkthrough because I couldn't get the broken sign to line up just right. I thought I needed a screwdriver or some other tool to fix it, but I just need to re-align it. 

Nice to meet you too BloomingLilac.  If you need any help with The Lost Crown you can pm as game still is fresh in my mind.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:41 pm

I thought all of you would like a laugh.    I received a message from BF Mods.
    A portion of one of my posts was removed.

Dudesmom had stated that she had named her character (In the Labyrinth game)
    Testicle. 
    I wrote that I was inspired to name mine Scrotum.

Her Testicle is still there.    My Scrotum has been removed.   Belly laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:54 pm

You're kidding! OH!  ...  Mahahaha Belly laugh

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 30 O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:38 am

Maybe we've been getting this wrong all along... Shock

Maybe it's the Big Fish people who don't speak English, and not the developers! alien2 Belly laugh
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:35 am

OMG - laugh of the day for sure!! Belly laugh
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:36 am

I suspect there's someone (more likely several someones) that report posts of people that disagree with them or even worse, agree with people that disagree with them.

Shame about your scrotum though.  Laugh
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am

LMAO!! Belly laugh Her Testicle was allowed to stay and your Scrotum was removed!! I'd give my Left Nut if I could remember the demo of the game!!! Laugh

We've been super busy lately. DD got married and graduated from college!!! Yippee!!! Needless to say, hubs & I are so happy for her!! Two thumbs up

I haven't played any newly released games although I've just started Spirit of Revenge. I didn't realize the game had an update issued because of all the tech problems. I am enjoying it and hope I don't run into any glitches.

I have been replaying older games. I noticed Weird Park 3 is finally out at Alawar (thanks for posting this, Genki). I think I'll replay the second game and re-familiarize myself with the story. I did replay the first one a couple of months ago.

I was on YT the other day and seen a preview of (wait a minute, have to find my notes)......
    Dreamscapes 2: Nightmare's Heir (from Shaman Games).
    Looks like some darker games are due for release and I, for one, cannot wait!!!!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Oooh fun!  I like the Weird Park games.  I'll head on over there.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:40 pm

That's a good one alright.  I spent nearly an hour playing till I got to a puzzle that'd take more time than I have left.  It's got all the CE goodies you could want so maybe I'll wait till it hits Big Fish and hope for a sale.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:34 pm

luvtoread wrote:Her Testicle is still there.    My Scrotum has been removed.   Belly laugh

Gosh, I hope you put some ice on that.  Shock
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:56 am

I like all the Weird Park games, too! Hopefully, #3 will get to BF soon!
    I rarely do an instant buy (need to demo first to make sure it'll work), but I'll relax that rule for this series. I hate to see "The Final Show" in the title, though. Cry
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:03 am

Tell me what you like about the first Weird Park, will you (all)?  I tried playing it, and it just seemed tedious to me at the time (way back when it first came out.)  The pieces were tiny, and I'm not fond of FROG scenes to begin with Sweat drop  Perhaps I should revisit the series.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 30 O9fj
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 am

I like the logic of it, for one.  I was complaining about having to pour a glass of wine and all the searching involved just to use it as a refractor instead of moving the light source... this game makes sense to me and it's still highly absurd and strange.  I like the oddball artwork and the unique characters that actually have personalities.

You should trial this latest version, I don't think you need knowledge of the earlier games to enjoy it.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:27 pm

genkicoll wrote:Tell me what you like about the first Weird Park, will you (all)?  I tried playing it, and it just seemed tedious to me at the time (way back when it first came out.)  The pieces were tiny, and I'm not fond of FROG scenes to begin with Sweat drop  Perhaps I should revisit the series.

I liked it, but it's not one of my all-time favorites. I am a total sucker for the whole "haunted, creepy carnival" theme, and can't seem to help myself when it comes to purchasing games of that nature. The only haunted carnival I've ever actively disliked was the original Madame Fate, though I did really like Fate's Carnival. 

So for me, part of the appeal was probably just the theme. Other than that, for me it was just sort of a B- of a game.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:09 pm

I am a total sucker for the creepy, haunted carnival/amusement park theme, also, and I enjoy just about anything the contracted devs from Alawar releases.
    I'm also a fan of the "no bells & whistles" style of games with no collectibles, no morphing objects and no achievements.
    I reckon it goes back to when I first started playing games. Just a good storyline and graphics, almost logical game progression with HO scenes in all the right places, not-too-difficult puzzles, and I am a happy gamer.

ETA: I love the original Madame Fate!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 5:08 pm