Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+16
Critteranne
jboliver1999
jessmom01
tesamoine
pippi
Butterflyshrimp
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
BloomingLilac
orphaned
luvtoread
kac
djrum
Esme
genkicoll
marianne
20 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:35 am

Y'all don't forget about Ebates!  That money really adds up!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:46 am

I ebated everything I bought from Big Fish last month (July) Smile And got a $10 bonus for returning to the fold lol Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:12 am

I got that $10 bonus, too!  Woohoo~! Happy bounce
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 am

Off topic but... I used to know a long haired black and tan Chihuahua named Ramar that used to cruise his neighborhood like the local Don to make sure all was right with the world.  That little man wasn't afraid of anything and when you met him, you felt like you had just met a VIP.  Big soul in a tiny body.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:40 am

Certain animals just have charisma, don't they? My Bobo, who died a year ago and I'm still trying to deal with that, was a gorgeous cat. Not from his markings, but by the gentle friendly and welcoming manner he treated whoever came to my place, cat or human, he could even accommodate dog, if they were not hurting anyone. Cripes he even liked the cleaner with the vacuum! Belly laugh
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 am

Old souls.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:20 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:Certain animals just have charisma, don't they? My Bobo, who died a year ago and I'm still trying to deal with that, was a gorgeous cat. Not from his markings, but by the gentle friendly and welcoming manner he treated whoever came to my place, cat or human, he could even accommodate dog, if they were not hurting anyone. Cripes he even liked the cleaner with the vacuum! Belly laugh

I'm very sorry for your loss. Hug My dogs are my best friends. I think of them as my (younger) children. (I have a son who's turning 26 next month.)

-------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I'll take advantage of the weekend sale unless BF gets a new game I like. I've signed up for Shockwave Unlimited for $9.95 a month as I play games for a while and get bored. Must be another game slump.

Anyone want a guest pass at Shockwave? You would have to trust me with your email address. If not, I will understand. It's for 3 days of unlimited gameplay. PM me if you're interested. Okay
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:16 am

I'm not sure if I'll be taking advantage of the sale, Lilac.

After I demo'd MT 7, I got to thinking about how much Elephant's games have aggravated me lately. The last Haunted Hotel, I didn't finish because I did not enjoy the gameplay at all.

Ship of Bones, I had to force myself to finish (and I hate doing that). I felt the storyline was all over the place with HO scenes and puzzles thrown in for the heck of it. No focal point and stunted game flow, just a mishmash of crap.

So, here I am, sitting on that old fence, again. Whistle

I do hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend. Elk grin
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:54 am

dj--I have the MT just sitting on my computer right now.  I was thinking of pairing it up
    with  Mayan Prophecies.

BloomingLilac--another place to buy games??!!   faints   

Here is something else I spotted.  So  true

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 28 10450347_850486848303640_456892865499740706_n
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:19 am

djrum wrote:I'm not sure if I'll be taking advantage of the sale, Lilac.

After I demo'd MT 7, I got to thinking about how much Elephant's games have aggravated me lately. The last Haunted Hotel, I didn't finish because I did not enjoy the gameplay at all.

Ship of Bones, I had to force myself to finish (and I hate doing that). I felt the storyline was all over the place with HO scenes and puzzles thrown in for the heck of it. No focal point and stunted game flow, just a mishmash of crap.

So, here I am, sitting on that old fence, again. Whistle

I do hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend. Elk grin

Good morning! Did you try the new Dana Knightstone game? I'm not a game club member anymore, so I might play the demo later. I enjoyed the first two games in that series.

I'm tempted to buy at least two games during the sale because Shockwave doesn't have some of the large file adventures I want to try. I've been playing Rhiannon: CotFB, and I used my coupons to buy Return to Mysterious Island and the sequel.

Have a nice weekend!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:27 am

I haven't tried the new Dana Knightstone game. I played the first one and I remember liking the game play well enough to purchase the second one.
    But I thought the second was a little too romance-y for me. Big smile

Kudos to you, Lilac, for playing Rhiannon. I was seriously lost in that game. Huh?

Also, for playing the Return to Mysterious Island games. I tried to participate in the group play at BF for the first or second one (don't remember which). But, I gave up. Mina (central character's name?) was too ravenous for me to attempt finding her anymore food. Of course, when she wasn't fed, she refused to do anything cause she was too weak. Rolling Eyes 
    So, I left her there. Big smile

luvtoread, those were the same 2 games I was thinking of buying!! Laugh
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:07 pm

luv, I don't remember how I ended up on Shockwave the first time. I probably Googled casual game portals, but either way, I haven't had any problems with the site. If Big Fish still had Unlimited with more games to play than before, I'd just subscribe there. I was looking at my game club activity and was shocked that I haven't been a member since March. HOGs just don't hold my attention anymore. I suppose that's why I'm playing large file adventures. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Thanks, dj! I never thought I'd be playing these games as I'm not very patient with puzzles. So far, so good, but I'm a little annoyed by the buzzing sound when I try combining items that don't work in RtMI. meh Maybe I can find a way to delete that sound file.

One reviewer mentioned that Mina doesn't need to eat after she gets her energy bar filled at the beginning. I was getting impatient, too, so that's good. Going to try RealMYST next.

I think the plots in the Dana Knightstone games are too similar.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:50 pm

BloomingLilac--That is why I like STEAM  so much.   Lots of LF  games and you can get them
    at really good prices.

I think I am up to about 53 games I bought from them.    I have even played some of them.  Big smile 

I tried the Dana Knightstone demo.    I remember the last one I didn't stick with--just wasen't
    in the mood.
    This game  I found myself getting into as I got more into it.    But I think I will wait for the SE.
    The  storyline seems,  to me,   obvious,  but still,  something about it made me stick with
    it.
    dj--you and I usually like the same games,  so I am not surprised!
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:23 pm

I just spent a straight 5.5 hours playing the Dana Knightstone game.  I don't usually do that, I get bored a few hours in but this one was a lot of fun. 

Mildly spoilerish:  She should have stuck with the knight, the lord was an a-hole.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 pm

luvtoread wrote:BloomingLilac--That is why I like STEAM  so much.   Lots of LF  games and you can get them
    at really good prices.

I think I am up to about 53 games I bought from them.    I have even played some of them.  Big smile 

I tried the Dana Knightstone demo.    I remember the last one I didn't stick with--just wasen't
    in the mood.
    This game  I found myself getting into as I got more into it.    But I think I will wait for the SE.
    The  storyline seems,  to me,   obvious,  but still,  something about it made me stick with
    it.
    dj--you and I usually like the same games,  so I am not surprised!

I just bought Showtime! (a movie industry sim) on GameFly for $3.45 and redeemed it on Steam. I've seen some large file games on Steam, including The Last Express, but at the time, I wasn't interested. Might check it out now. I put Return to Mysterious Island on my wishlist, but I bought it on Big Fish instead (Gotta love those Midnight Castle promotions! Snicker ).

I'm BloomingLilac on Steam, too.

Let me know how the DK game turns out for you. I'll probably demo the SE.

snaphiss, I saw Campfire Legends: The Hookman on Shockwave and thought of you. Have you finished it yet? I've downloaded it to play later. Glad you enjoyed the Dana Knightstone game.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Wow, snapnhiss, that's a lot of hours! It takes me days to get through a game. Laugh

I've been playing The Secret Order: Ancient Times (I love this series!) and the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful! It's definitely not HO heavy and the puzzles are fun to work.

Sometimes, I have all the patience in the world when it comes to puzzles. And sometimes, I skip them after about 2 or 3 minutes of frustration.
    I think it all boils down to how much I'm enjoying the game.

I was just remembering how Timeless: The Lost Castle had some of the most difficult puzzles in it, but there was this amazing sense of accomplishment after solving a puzzle and moving on.
    It really was one helluva good game!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:26 pm

lol, luvtoread. Laugh I try to speak and write good English. I know it don't always look like that. Big smile

Here (and the D&E thread at BFG), I write like how I talk to my friends in real life because I consider all of you my friends even though we've never actually met.
    I'll never forget how y'all supported me when I got so pissed off at "shall remain nameless" at BFG and eventually, I did feel comfortable enough to start posting again without getting banned.

You guys ROCK!! Elk grin
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Can I get a hint who the person that "shall remain nameless" is?

Way off topic but I just found out that a kitty that I follow on facebook died yesterday.  Is it stupid that I've been crying off and on for several hours about this?  I've never met the cat but he was such a big personality and such a pleasure to watch and I don't even live in Arkansas.  RIP little man.

http://www.thv11.com/longform/life/pets/2014/08/30/life-of-joey-the-garden-cat-at-thv11/14864091/
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm

It's not stupid at all. I follow a few different dogs on FB and recently found out that Leo the Puppymill Survivor has cancer and isn't going to make it. I'm dreading it... I also followed Mr. Mo/Gremlin and when Mr. Mo died, I was a wreck. I cried and my husband worried about me. It's not weird at all to feel attached to these furbabies when we follow their lives online. It's like they become family.  Heart
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Heck no, it's not stupid, snapnhiss. Though I'm not on FB much, I imagine it would be very painful to read about these furbabies not doing well.

I watched a commercial this morning for ASPCA and cried. It was the one about the dog fighting and I think it's incredibly disgusting that there are people who force their dogs to do this.

I will send you a PM.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:03 am

snaphiss, I don't think it's stupid at all. When a lady I barely knew told me her dog had died, I cried. Those ASPCA commercials upset me so much that I have to turn off the TV. I'm very sensitive about animals being hurt or dying. Hug I hope you're feeling better.

-------------------------------------

I've been playing Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall. I may not finish it, but so far, I'm enjoying it. What are y'all playing?
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:39 am

Wow! Amazon's having a sale. If you don't have House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets Collector's Edition, you can get it for $2.50 USD.

Northern Tale 4 is $4.95 USD.

There were a couple of others. I like not having to buy 2 games to get a discount. :-)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:28 am

I will third that--there is nothing wrong about grieving over a pet.

BloomingLilac--I have been playing Lost Legends:  The Weeping Woman CE.

I am enjoying it and really trying to get all the gold skulls and morphing flowers.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 am

Can I get a hint who the person that "shall remain nameless" is?

Unfortunately....I can't remember!!  I know she was one of the "top"  (for lack of a
    better word)   reviewers.     It will eventually come to me...or else someone else
    will remember.
    It was just one of her reviews,  on the Sneak Peek thread,  indicated that a game
    that she had Beta'd  would be intriguing for us devil-worshipping group.   devilish grin
      pfft

One of the things I liked about that Grammerly Quote is...well, for one,  I want to
    try....might not succeed....in attempting to improve my verbal skills.    Hmm...
    I find it frustrating at times that I am not getting my point across  because
    my brain and my mouth will not cooperated with each other.

What amazes me is that "so-called"  professionals see nothing wrong in spewing
    out obscenities w/o stopping and listening to themselves.   I was on the receiving
    end this past summer from my so-called boss  (he is supposedly head over us
    drivers--but has no respect from some of us) and as angry and humiliated as I felt,
    the people around me who heard him thought he was a total turd.
    I did not stoop to his level and for that I am proud of myself.

It is more of an inspiration for me.

It is so true,  also.   I mean,  for example,  Justie's and genki's reviews are..
    ..well,  beyond anything I could write!!  Can you imagine if their reviews were badly
    done....like some games?  Shock
    I do one liners.     Like a comedienne! 

So,  I am bound and determined to at least attempt to think before I speak and
    try to sound reasonable.     That will be a test as our Assistant Dispatcher,   altho
    he is a nice guy,  and does know his job,  can at times be....well,   dense.    faceplant

Back to the subject of games.  I finished the Weeping Woman game.  Missed 1
    gold skull---1!!.   Sigh
    The ending cut scene had me laughing at the guy "dancing".
    The Bonus wasen't too bad,   but you do not need it if you want to just get the
    SE.   You have to help them out again,  gullible teenage girls are being seduced
    by having their hair braided.    A couple of solutions just made me laugh.

snaphiss--About the mildly spoilerish---I cannot believe the silly ones they fight over!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 am

lol, luvtoread!! Laugh Yep, you're right, it was the Sneak Peek thread and at that time, it hit me the wrong way. You know how often we were looked upon as freaks just because we like to play the darker games and I was getting sick of it. One or two comments, no big deal...I'll shrug it off.
    But, week after week of reading these stupid "comments", I let it get to me and I should know better.

When I worked at the only liquor store in this county, I was called every name in the book for turning down sales to underage kids & people who were already drunk. It didn't bother me at all, I was used to it.

I don't know...maybe it was a mood swing. I am at that age... Laugh

Oh yes, I'm always trying to improve my grammar, too. I used to keep a dictionary near me for when I was reading and ran into an unfamiliar word. Yay, for Kindle. Now, I just use the built-in dictionary for that. It's very convenient!
    I'm trying to improve my spelling and sentence structure, but I'm stumbling around on that end.

Justie and Genki are professional reviewers. I just give my rambling thoughts on a game. Big smile

I have Lost Legends: Weeping Woman, I haven't played it yet. Lol, luvtoread, I think we do have the same games!!! Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:44 pm