Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

kac

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by kac Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

I loved The Night Circus.  I would like to see it made it a movie, I thought it was very visual.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Oh my gosh, Genki, I just love the Rachel Morgan series!!!!! I also think Kim Harrison originally planned for it to be only 8 books total, but she's exceeded that limit, so a big HOORAY for her!!!!!  Happy bounce 

"The Night Circus" was mentioned somewhere in CCC at BF. I'd read a preview of it & then forgot all about it.
    I finally remembered & ordered it and can't wait to start reading.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:52 pm

I look forward to seeing what you think of the books in The Reading Room!  If you don't see a topic you need, please start one Big smile  Oh!  I knew The Night Circus sounded familiar -- Esme has a topic for it here: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 26 O9fj
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:46 am

Kac, that must have been scary!  So glad you're okay!   Hug 

Genki, yep, gotta love those dragons.   Cute Dragon  Dragon Attitude    If you've ever wondered where the dragons in my signature come from... just take a look HERE   FLOWERRS

Esme, lol, love your review.   Belly laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Ohhh I did love Night Circus! I hope you will too!  Heart  Heart  Heart 

As far as my brand of "reviews" goes... as long as it keeps you guys from wasting good money on bad games (and makes you laugh) then I'm happy to be of service! 

I might have to review Farmscapes.... hoooo boy, could I go to town on that one, and yet, I can't seem to stop playing it right now. LOL! D\\'oh!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Oh, please review Farmscapes, Esme. Is it anything like Gardenscapes? I tried Gardenscapes and it wasn't too bad. I kind of liked it, but I figured I'd get bored quickly.
    And I really don't like decorating...except for my house. I like decorating my house after a fresh coat of paint!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:53 pm

I LOVE Farmscapes! It's a match-3 game with at least three different styles you can choose from when decorating.  There are occasional hidden object scenes, and an almost-directionless adventure element to it.  No worries, though, 'cause there is a hint button in case you can't figure out what to do Wink

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:45 am

Frodo wrote:Genki, yep, gotta love those dragons.   Cute Dragon  Dragon Attitude    If you've ever wondered where the dragons in my signature come from... just take a look HERE   FLOWERRS
    Well I know that cute little purple dragon cause my DD used to play Spyro all. the. time. LOL  Snicker
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 am

I'm playing Mystery of Unicorn Castle 2 and beware...there are gigantic rats everywhere in this game!

Made all the more yucky because the special FX are pretty darn cool!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Esme, I got the beta for Worlds Apart: Falling Through the Air for a Really Long Time, too!

I don't like it at all! I've only played for about 10 minutes & I'm bored to tears. I doubt I'll make it through the whole beta.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:15 am

Isn't it boring??? I did the whole thing. I guess it gets better? But not really. It was kind of disappointing because the premise seemed a bit different from the same old, same old we usually get. I wouldn't buy it though, especially as a CE. 

Farmscapes is a hoot! It's totally silly, but sometimes I really enjoy a M3 if it's well done. Genki is right though, the "adventure" part is totally directionless and basically nonsensical. Also, Grandpa Joe is THE laziest farmer I have ever seen! I know farmers. They ain't lazy folk. Farmer Joe is more concerned about his hammock than the shopping mall encroaching on his property. And his grandson, Tom the Potato Boy, is a nutjob.  STILL... I'm enjoying it thoroughly! LOL
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:48 am

I finished the Worlds Apart beta this morning and I agree with you, Esme.

The game did have a few good qualities, but it was too slow-paced. The "flying through the air" intro scene was stupid & pointless.  Rolling Eyes 
    (Did you know we could move our character whilst in flight? I got bored watching, so I started moving my mouse around)  Snicker 

Anyhow, I mentioned all this in my critique of the game, along with the good stuff.  Smile
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:29 am

Yeah, I got bored while she was falling too, so I started flying her around the screen. Didn't make it any more interesting though. 

It was a sad, lame little game.  Rolling Eyes

But seriously though... she's falling through the air for a LONG time. I don't care if she can't remember who she is, or any of that other stupid crap. If I wake up and I'm plummeting through the air to what should be my certain doom, I'm pretty sure my only inner dialogue would be, "OH CRAP I'M FALLING AND I'M GOING TO DIE!! HELP ME! OH NOOOO! AAACCCKKKK!!!"

Her whole "Gee, I wonder what I'm doing here and who I am" spiel was irritating and stupid.

Last edited by Esme on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a mini rant)
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:53 am

Since it was taking so long for her to fall, once I found out she was mobile, I thought we were supposed to crash her into the other characters who kept popping up. You know, kind of like a "Death Race" (the movie) thing.

I did like the hidden object scenes though!

I really shouldn't play Burnout on the PS2 and then beta a game...
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 am

djrum wrote:I really shouldn't play Burnout on the PS2 and then beta a game...

Snicker

Y'all be sure to remind us of how boring the game is when it comes out!  I'm so bad at remembering names... Silly face

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:14 pm

I'm not kidding (okay, maybe I am) when I say that this game could be used as anesthesia. nite-nite
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 am

Hi everyone.     Enjoying the posts about the boring, falling woman doing some deep
    pondering.    Snicker 

genki--I just finished Memoria.   Thoroughly enjoyed it,   more than #1. The one thing I am
    a little fuzzy on in the storyline is what roll Satinav  played in #1.  Number 2 makes his role in the scheme of things more clear.
    Hope you get to play it soon.   Like after your done moving  (have you found a new place yet?)

True Fear is out today in SE.   Unless someone lets me know that I would really be missing
    out on the Bonus,   I am definitely going to buy.

I started Bluebeard's Castle: Son of the Heartless.  Reminds me of Drawn.    Sorry for all the blue.
    Seems to be stuck on this color.
      R
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:15 am

I liked the bonus chapter.
    Spoiler:
    But I wouldn't say it was necessary to the story at this stage. Be interesting to see how they streamline the two endings for the start of the second part.

I can't remember anything else, and I've not done a review for the bonus content, so can't help more  Cry 
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:15 am

Luvtoread, the bonus chapter is nice to play, but not essential. 
    The main story ends with a 'To Be Continued' thing, leading up to Part 2.   Smile
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 am

Thank you both.   I can happily get the SE then!

Frodo--Not sure if you already know this,  but Steam has a FTP game called Dragons and
    Titans.
    I just went in and checked to make sure I had the name right.   Apparently it is automatically
    added to our library as it claims I already own it.   Cute Dragon
    Frodo
    Frodo

Post by Frodo Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:12 am

Luvtoread, thanks for telling me, but I'm not really a fan of steam, or 'free' to play games.  But thanks though.   Hug
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:03 am

I am not one for FTP  either.  But I know you love your Dragons.   I must say,  tho,  I've been with Steam for about 2 years now and really the games they sell.   Plus I do like the facts they
    have the achievements to go with their games.
    There are a few over there who were once at BF  CC  on the Adventure Games thread.
    Great group.   They are the ones over at Challengers now,  if you ever want to wander
    over there.
    kac

Post by kac Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:19 pm

I use Steam all the time and don't have any problem with it.  I am "online" almost all the time though, so haven't tried to play any games offline.  I will admit their sales are what keeps me broke!

I haven't played a whole lot of F2P games, but I have played some.  I like the free aspects, but can't see myself spending a whole lot of money once I run into difficulty.  I know someone who is around Level 440 in Candy Crush and hasn't paid a cent.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:33 pm

luvtoread wrote:genki--I just finished Memoria.   Thoroughly enjoyed it,   more than #1. The one thing I am
    a little fuzzy on in the storyline is what roll Satinav  played in #1.  Number 2 makes his role in the scheme of things more clear.
    Hope you get to play it soon.   Like after your done moving  (have you found a new place yet?)

Awesome!  I don't own it yet, but it's #2 on my must-buy list, after The Walking Dead: Season 2.

No, we don't know where we're going yet.  I looked around a little bit, but not seriously, yet.  We got the official notice that we need to leave yesterday.  My biggest problem right now is that I accidentally ate some wheat on Thursday, and I've still not "detoxed" from it.  I feel awful. *sigh*  For the past few days, all I've been able to do is some basic housework, like laundry. Gah!  Well, better now than when it's actually time to move! Big smile

kac

Post by kac Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Sorry you've been feeling bad Genki.  I hope you detox soon. 

Good luck finding a new home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:02 pm