Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+14
Butterflyshrimp
JustTheFacts
Perheart
BloomingLilac
marianne
Fairjuno
jeanniemouse
luvtoread
djrum
RenaissanceMom
Esme
Spirit_of_Auron
vervaine
genkicoll
18 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:28 am

MAN-TALENTS??  Belly laugh     Are you sure its not a   Offering   book?

You know, like 50 Shades of Grey?   Embarrassed 

I bought MT and Bloody Mary.   Then I figured I could pair up the new Awakenings
    with Calavera.

I already started playing MT and at one point--for those of you who played it you'll
    know why--I was humming  "I've been working on the railroad".   I decided to torture
    myself by playing on Detective Mode.  Yeah right    I am delusional  

OH---did anyone notice today's  DD?   Evil Grin   That twisty little game should bring
    back sweet memories.    Stars
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:29 am

jeanniemouse wrote:Just read back through this thread...hate that the posts at the other one were all lost, though😢
    Oh no!  I didn't even think to copy over the last couple of pages of our thread! Cry(btw, put a space between your sentences and the emoticons so that they'll show properly.)

Sorry, Jeannie, but I'm so glad you made it!  Hopefully some of the others that I messaged will make their way over, too!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1 - Page 4 O9fj
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks for the tip, Genki! Okay  I was typing in the middle of the night last night (as always, insomnia has its uses...). Surprised anything at all I wrote made sense!
    For those who haven't got Calavera yet, it's worth it; a really cute, quirky little pseudo-D&E that couldn't scare a timid mouse. But one of the most unusual games I've seen in awhile! Big smile 
    Oh: and I just finished hanging out with the "Dumb Bunch" in Grim Tales: Bloody Mary. Or at least the kid/grandkid of the Dumb Bunch. Why they can't call each other when they're in trouble instead of dragging poor sister/auntie into everything i have no idea. Rolling Eyes But it's a decent "Dark and Eerie-lite" as they go.
    vervaine
    vervaine

Post by vervaine Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Amnesia 2 is suspiciously cheap on GOG preorder. My friend is probably going to get :D and I'm going to watch her play. ^_^ I'm not playing that myself.

That CE BOGO sale dropped just in time for me to get Forest Legends paired with the new Awakening. :D I'll demo Nearwood tomorrow.

How are Mystery Trackers: Four Aces and Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow? I hate EG's ridiculous tasks, but Black Isle was pretty good. Didn't the last one have a ton of technical issues? :/
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:28 pm

vervaine wrote:Amnesia 2 is suspiciously cheap on GOG preorder. My friend is probably going to get :D and I'm going to watch her play. ^_^ I'm not playing that myself.

That CE BOGO sale dropped just in time for me to get Forest Legends paired with the new Awakening. :D I'll demo Nearwood tomorrow.

How are Mystery Trackers: Four Aces and Mystery Trackers: Silent Hollow? I hate EG's ridiculous tasks, but Black Isle was pretty good. Didn't the last one have a ton of technical issues? :/
    I really liked both of them a lot! Not as good as Black Isle but absolutely outstanding games overall. (And we get Elf, of course!)
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:08 pm

lol, luvtoread! No, it isn't 50 Shades of Grey. I have all 3 of the Fifty Shades books and haven't read any of them.

vervaine, do you think there's video of Amnesia 2 on YT? I'll have to go & see.

Out of all the Mystery Trackers games, I think Raincliff & Black Isle are the best! I had a small tech issue in the bonus of Silent Hollow. Actually, now that I think about it, it might've been in the Extras. Anyways, it was the Portrait game, wherever that was. I had an "access violation" message and something quit working and blah, blah, blah. I'd finished the main game and didn't worry about it.
    vervaine
    vervaine

Post by vervaine Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:14 pm

I wasn't that enamored with Elf, so he's not enough for me to get the game xD I think I'll leave Mystery Trackers for another time. I didn't really like Four Aces demo, so maybe I'll just get Silent Hollow somewhere down the line, as much as I don't like skipping entries. I'll try to pair League of Light with Nearwood first.

djrum, there are three or so trailers for Amnesia 2 on YT. I'm not sure, but there may be a bigger gameplay video now, since the game is coming out so soon. I bet YT will be full of let's plays as soon as it releases though!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:53 pm

vervaine wrote:Amnesia 2 is suspiciously cheap on GOG preorder. My friend is probably going to get :D and I'm going to watch her play. ^_^ I'm not playing that myself.

So far I am having no issues with MT:  Silent Hollow, and I am rather enjoying it.   I guess it all
    depends upon taste, as Nearwood just didn't do it for me, but others seem to like it.

I have to laugh--"suspiciously cheap".    For me,  it won't be cheap until its on sale for  $5.00
    or less--in another 6 months or more.    Hopefully I will have played some of my already bought
    games by then and reduced my "unplayed list"   Rolling Eyes
    vervaine
    vervaine

Post by vervaine Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:06 pm

luvtoread wrote:I have to laugh--"suspiciously cheap".      For me,  it won't be cheap until its on sale for  $5.00 or less--in another 6 months or more.       Hopefully I will have played some of my already bought games by then and reduced my "unplayed list"   Rolling Eyes
    I just expected it to launch with a higher price than 20 USD, after the success of the first Amnesia. More like 30 EUR. I still wouldn't be surprised to see that price on Steam. Or at best 20 EUR not adjusted for currency difference.

There is no "cheap" Amnesia for me though :P I would have to be paid to play it. :P
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:08 pm

We can post youtube videos here!  Just find the one you want to post, copy the URL, then click on the YouTube button at the top of the posting box, and paste the URL in the box that pops up and hit 'insert' Sunny

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Oh my gosh, this place is so cool! Thanks for putting up the YT video, Genki! Just as I suspected, there ain't no way I'll be able to play Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. I can hear that breathing again, like in the first one. Yikes, I don't even wanna know what the "Machine" is for, I can only imagine.

Nearwood had me wanting to buy with the opening cut-scene. I did play a bit of it to make sure it works. Last night, I was on BFG checking Reviews and CS was on "Holiday." I didn't know yesterday was a holiday.
    I also noticed, there's a BFG Community Page on fb. I had a good chuckle with that one, since there isn't a Community anymore. And no one has posted a "like" for that page as of last night.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah, I watched the video clip too. Gotta agree with DJ- the dude's breathing was making me freak out a bit. Random pig noises too? EW! Way too creepy for me. EEK! 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:34 pm

I thought I'd better come back here to clarify as I was just on fb, the correct name is "Big Fish Games Player Chit-Chat-Corner."

I heard the random pig noises, too. It reminded me of the episode of "Criminal Minds" where this man was murdering people & feeding their body parts to his pigs, ew gross!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 pm

I sooo  look forward to playing that   :oh

dj----Gah!  I had forgotten all about that episode!! eewww...
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:44 pm

I only remembered it cause I watched the rerun the other day. I love to watch Criminal Minds!
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Esme and others: the last chapter of the new Echoes of the Past: the Kingdom of Despair game was very, VERY disturbing, at least to me.   It ends alright, but SPOILER there are some very upsetting pictures of animals being tortured by a child.    I don't know what the heck the developers were thinking!  The rest of the game was very well done, and up until that time it was one of my favorites in the series.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:16 pm

We have spoiler tags here, so that you don't have to just change the color of text Elk grin

The tags look like this:
    Code:
    [spoiler]type your spoiler here[/spoiler]
    and here's what you'll see when you do it right:
    Spoiler:

One click (on the word SPOILER) and we can see what it says!

RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:28 pm

I love it - so much scope for forum fun!

And eww to that trailer: ..."that all rather depends on what one considers to be a pig"... EEK! 
    jeanniemouse
    jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Colleen, that's amazing!  We\'re Unworthy!
    vervaine
    vervaine

Post by vervaine Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 am

Does anyone know what the CE extras in Nearwood are? I kinda forgot to check (distracted with the opening cutscene...) and I've already uninstalled the demo. :/ I wasn't as impressed with it as with Forest Legends, but it was a nice game (mostly due to atmosphere and graphics, gameplay not so much). Bonus play is apparently not required, so if there's no downloadable soundtrack or no concept art, I may just wait for the SE.

Ehh, I'd buy it with League of Light, but if I do this, I'll have 3 pccs for October and I doubt I'll be able to find that many SEs to use them on. :/
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:40 am

Nearwood's opening scene is definitely the best part. Unfortunately the demo didn't interest me enough to buy it.

I'd like to take advantage of the sale today. League of Light seems to be popular, as does Cobra's Eye. I didn't care for Bloody Mary or the most recent Mystery Trackers.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:24 am

vervaine, that opening scene in Nearwood was breathtaking! I forgot I was on demo time while watching. I haven't installed it yet.
    I'm still playing Cobra's Eye and loving it. Even though I'm not getting wide-screen (normally that's a turn-off for me) and the "people" graphics are somewhat rough, this game is very challenging with lots of logic puzzles. The HO scenes are also challenging.
    I think this dev also did The Dark Hills of Cherai games and I remember demo'ing the first game and feeling quite confused with the changing characters parts, but I'm going to demo the second game & see if I have a less confusing time with it.
    I've got more experience with games now than I did before so I may be able to figure out what I'm doing! Big smile 

Are we allowed to say any Dev's names here?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 am

I believe so, DJ. And game portals. And youtube. And whatever else we want! Happy bounce 

As for me, I'm still playing Banana Bugs. Sometimes I need a break from HOs and eeriness. Banana Bugs fills that spot and is quite fun!
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:33 am

Okay, I've got to check out Banana Bugs now! Big smile 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:40 am

I thought so, Esme, but I wasn't sure. I know I can say bitchy and HO!!!! Yippeee!!!! Feasibly, I can say, "the HO items in Cobra's Eye are a bitch to find." Oh my, the freedom here is wonderful!

The "Extras" in Nearwood is: Soundtrack, Concept Art, Wallpapers and Snoopedia (whatever that is, it's locked so I can't see it)  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm