Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

RenaissanceMom

Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by RenaissanceMom on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:07 pm

I was out of the house babysitting all day (and will be for a month or so) so haven't been able to go online til now. I got the "under construction" message from BFG, but I guess I missed all the goodbyes and got to avoid the nastiness. Rolling Eyes Hey it is what it is, folks, and BFG is a business doing what it thinks it needs to... I still can't believe that they gave a day's notice though; that was just so lousy and cowardly of them! Meh 

Anyway I'm looking forward to freer discussions for sure!

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Whoa, I'm reading the Facebook comments now...OH! 

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:55 pm

I don't do Facebook -- at all!  How bad is it?

Esme

Post by Esme on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:Hello D&E friends! Esme, I have no problem seeing Sherlock & John. Wub
    Dreamy, aren't they?

Glad you found your way here, Rmom and DJ!

I also pm'ed Jeanniemouse, but she hasn't been around in a while. She does have a login here, so hopefully she and the others will find their way here.

djrum

Post by djrum on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:02 pm

It's pretty bad on fb. I was just there too. I'm still playing SongPop over there! Gosh, I love that game, although I'm not crazy about all the ads now.
    I'll try to get hold of Perheart on fb and let her know. Hopefully, jeanniemouse will check in here. Lilac, I don't know how to get in touch with her.

djrum

Post by djrum on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Oh my gosh, I did it! I have an avatar now, reminds me of my dog! It's so cute, I'm cracking up.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Yay~  Good job, DJ! Happy bounce
    Esme, I don't watch the show, but that really is a nice picture Evil Grin  hehe

Do I need to make a thread that gives links to the most useful information on the forum, or are y'all getting around OK?

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:28 am

genkicoll wrote:Do I need to make a thread that gives links to the most useful information on the forum, or are y'all getting around OK?
    Hi Genki! I don't want to put you to any bother but actually, that could be quite useful. I have less time for exploring than I used to and there's a lot on this site. Always takes me forever to lean a new forum (which is why I always stick with just one, haha). Thanks! Hug

djrum

Post by djrum on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Genki, I'm like R-Mom, takes me forever to learn a new forum.

I finished Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost last night (finally). I think I could've bought the SE and been perfectly happy, but I did get it in a BOGO CE sale, so no big loss. Big smile 

I'm not sure what I'm going to play next. I don't know what the CE will be tomorrow or Saturday. I still have a few CEs to play and a lot of SEs.
    I refuse to download a new game onto my desktop because I don't want the new BFGA right now. I think BFG currently has enough problems going on that if I had to send in a Dr. Felix, it wouldn't do much good.

R-Mom, is that you in your profile pic? Beautiful! I've always wondered what everybody looked like in the D&E thread.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 pm

I'll make that thread for y'all as soon as I can, probably during my lunch hour Big smile

I've been admiring your avy, too, RM.  If you're curious, my pic is in THIS thread.  My hair is long again, though Wink

djrum

Post by djrum on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Oh, Genki, so beautiful, too!

You know, I was thinking back on "our" little thread (jeanniemouse always told me it wasn't her thread, it was all of ours) and I'm simply amazed that the D&E thread made it to the first page of Popular Discussions at BFG! When we were on page 5, I thought, cool, now I won't have to click many buttons to find it (at the time, I didn't know it was based on the number of views). And eventually, we made it to the very first page.
    I have to say, we must've been doing something right. Congratulations & Kudos to all of us!! If we were able to help people with game selections & other stuff, then I consider it a job well-done!
    A Huge Thanks to all the lurkers (and everybody else who peeked into our D&E world)! Big smile  I'm so happy we were able to help!

djrum

Post by djrum on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Genki, how much space do you have in here? After all, I am a motor-mouth, lol!

Should I limit my postings?

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Nope, we're not limited at all!  Post alllll you want! Elk grin

EDIT:  Got that requested info posted!

Helpful Links and Forum Info

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Yay, thanks Genki! We\'re Unworthy!   
    Yay to dj being a motormouth Happy bounce (lmao)!
    Yes that's me in my avatar but yikes, I'm not gonna keep it up if I'm the only one. I thought it might be fun to show ourselves.
    .... Or not  Embarrassed <-- heehee, couldn't help it, what a funny smiley!

Just got home but had to quickly check in. Will be back later!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Aww, don't change it, RM!  It's such a nice pic!

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Aw thanks! I'm not usually photogenic; that was a good day. Wink
    Genki, you are so pretty!! I remember reading all about your time at the MCF party - what a great story!!

djrum

Post by djrum on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:12 pm

I would post a pic of myself, but I usually destroy them. (I don't like pics of me) Silly face

I'm trying to make my way around here, slowly but surely. My site navigation skills are sorely lacking, not that they ever existed in the first place. 

djrum

Post by djrum on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:24 pm

I received a beta this morning from BFG. The game is titled, "Beyond the Unknown: The Golden Sarcophagus", and it's from ERS. I was a bit disappointed when I seen the developer, but I actually enjoyed the beta!
    The story--A small cargo ship disappears in the Mediterranean Sea, rumored to be carrying the remains of a famous archeologist & his precious cargo. Thirty years later, we (the grandson) embark on a journey to find out what happened to the priceless items which were lost at sea.
    We have our faithful dog companion to help us out.
    Lots of Options in the Difficulty Mode setting.
    No journal--we use a cell phone for all our useful info..Tasks, Notes, Map & Gallery. Taking pics will get us more of the story.
    There are achievements and one of them is to find these mysterious clocks scattered about an island.
    HO scenes can be switched to M3 mode.
    I really liked my aero inventory bar!
    The graphics, I think, are a departure from their usual and played a key role in my enjoyment of the beta. Happy bounce The puzzles were good, too!
    No tech issues at all. Widescreen on my laptop and I'm sure it'll come out in CE form when released. I would definitely consider buying it. Big smile

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:03 am

It's promising that you really liked the beta from ERS. I know I've been one of those who voiced disappointment with their games of late - so formulaic for one thing - but I'm glad to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. This one sounds good!

I've been a bad D&E member... been playing Royal Envoy! Whistle It's just that I'm tired when I get home at night and need something light and mindless. Can NOT deal with lots of HOs lately, lol. But I'm gonna start something fun tomorrow. Maybe Clockwork Tales, or maybe..hmm.. maybe I'll finally be brave enough to tackle Scratches! EEK!

Esme

Post by Esme on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:25 am

You're beautiful, Rmom! It's a great photo!

I've been a bad D&E member too. I haven't felt like playing much. Hubs and I just got back from a mini-vacation too, so I haven't been here. I missed a lot of the drama of the closing of the CCC. I just think it's going to bite BF in the butt, but that's okay by me.

I am also one of the people who have been very, very disappointed with ERS so it's good to hear that perhaps this new one will be better. If it's one with Dupin though, I seriously doubt I'll buy it. The English major in me can't get past the fact that they've stuck him in stories in which he DID NOT appear. Makes me crazy(er). Gah! 

I'm just glad people are finding their way here and that Genki has provided us this place to continue to chat!Hug 

djrum

Post by djrum on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 am

Good luck with Scratches, R-Mom! I loved that game, but it was soooo scary! I'm playing Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye (recommended by another D&E'er) and I am enjoying it very much!

Well, I did my morning rounds and checked in at BFG to see what the TGT was. Eww, yuck, I don't like it now, it's very impersonal, rigid and cold. (But the PM's still work)
    I think this decision is going to bite them in the backside.

I want to get the new Echoes, but I'm afraid to push the "Buy" button. I guess I'm just not feeling the love anymore. What if I have problems? There's no forums where I can go & see if anyone else is having similar problems. Oh yeah, we get the "Official" Reviews, but I never looked at them. I preferred the Forum Reviews & always spent time there, seeing what everyone had to say. And these posts were from people I actually recognized. The starred Reviews don't mean a thing to me.

Wow, I can't believe BFG did this and used the "instability of the forums" as the excuse. I think there's an underlying issue we're not aware of...and that is the reason I'm hesitant on buying a game.

djrum

Post by djrum on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:54 am

An afterthought--maybe BFG meant to say, "the instability of the forum users." hehehe

Sometimes, I crack myself up!!!! Belly laugh 

Esme

Post by Esme on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:01 am

Psh! We've always been unstable! lol

I don't know what their deal is, but it's not the company it used to be. That's a lot to do with it. I think, too, that in our D&E thread we may have gone off on tangents, but we always came back to the games. I'm not sure that was the case in most of the other threads in the CCC. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Not sure, but I do know ticking off a huge segment of your customers is usually a bad business practice. We'll see what happens.

I'm still not in a game mood, but I'm getting there. Maybe "Bloody Mary" will get me out of my game funk. Hmm... 

djrum

Post by djrum on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:29 am

lol, esme! Ain't that the truth!

I always tell DH, "I'm like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you're getting."

I may be happy or I may be sad, hmmm...here lately (in the last 2 or 3 days), I think he's getting b****y me. (rhymes with "witchy") Big smile 

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 pm

That's OK, you can say bitchy here if you want Belly laugh

djrum wrote:I preferred the Forum Reviews & always spent time there, seeing what everyone had to say. And these posts were from people I actually recognized.
    The Forum Reviews are still there!  Just go to the game forums, find the game title you want to see, and it will take you to the area we're used to seeing.

By the way, in case y'all didn't notice, when you click on a thread here at GGG to see what's been posted in the thread, the forum will take you to the MOST RECENT post, not the last post you read.  I think BF's forums always did that, anyway, but most forums don't.  Just wanted to be sure y'all knew so you don't miss anything Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:20 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:20 pm