Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

luvtoread

Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread 1

Post by luvtoread on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:06 pm

jeanniemouse--was that ending of Echoes the end of the main game, or the Bonus?

I am on the Bonus of MT:  Silent Hollow  I spotted right away a flaw in the bad guy's
    reasoning-if anyone else has played the CE you will know what I am talking about:

I guess that would spoil the game.  But I do  wonder

What a conundrum     Stars 

Snoopedia.    Does that have anything to do with  Snoopy?  or just plain old snooping?

Last edited by luvtoread on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

vervaine

Post by vervaine on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Snoopedia is a fairytale story thing that unlocks as you find fuzzy creatures in different scenes. Sounds like a standard CE stuff, nothing to be excited about. Thanks, djrum Smile

I dunno, still undecided, but I think I'll simply leave those CEs for another CE BOGO and wait till I'll have more SEs to use pccs on. :/

jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:09 pm

luvtoread wrote:jeanniemouse--was that ending of Echoes the end of the main game, or the Bonus?

It was the main game.

luvtoread

Post by luvtoread on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Sorry about the post---I had to get rid of spoiler because it was not hidden!!

So.   It does not make much sense.

thanks  jeanniemouse.  Think I will hold off, which is a shame as I really did like it and was going to get the SE version.

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:57 pm

BFG must've tweaked the crappy new BFGA as my installations are running a lot quicker than
    before.

I tried Banana Bugs and I feel like a big dummy...I can't get the hang of it yet. Those speedy bugs keep killing me and my rope-throwing skills suck. Whistle 

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:38 pm

djrum wrote:I thought so, Esme, but I wasn't sure. I know I can say bitchy and HO!!!! Yippeee!!!! Feasibly, I can say, "the HO items in Cobra's Eye are a bitch to find." Oh my, the freedom here is wonderful!
    DJ, you crack me up Belly laugh 

Yes, you can say anything you want here, and I encourage it!  As long as we are respectful towards each other (which has never been a problem,) I see no need to filter anything~ Sunny

jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:03 pm

luvtoread wrote:Sorry about the post---I had to get rid of spoiler because it was not hidden!!

So.   It does not make much sense.

thanks  jeanniemouse.  Think I will hold off, which is a shame as I really did like it and was going to get the SE version.
    Not a problem. Just trying to warn other sensitive people. I don't know why developers do things like this...Meh 

jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:05 pm

djrum wrote:I thought so, Esme, but I wasn't sure. I know I can say bitchy and HO!!!! Yippeee!!!! Feasibly, I can say, "the HO items in Cobra's Eye are a bitch to find." Oh my, the freedom here is wonderful!

The "Extras" in Nearwood is: Soundtrack, Concept Art, Wallpapers and Snoopedia (whatever that is, it's locked so I can't see it)  
    Djrum!!! EEK!  I'm going to wash your mouth out with...chocolate!

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:31 pm

hehehe!!! Mmmmmm....I love chocolate!! Yahoo! 

I didn't realize how sheltered I was at the other place. Big smile 

jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:42 pm

I agree! It's going to feel weird not having to say "Azure Beverage" anymore...

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 pm

Well, you could say "Azure Beverage" if you really wanted to... WhistleBelly laugh

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Oh, I know. We can say MagicIndie, Artifex Mundi, Blue Tea, Pop-Cap (Spin-Top), Artogon and the big no-no....Alawar (my favorite developer)!

Alawar's 3 main game developers: Stargazer, Five BN and Friday's Games, anything these guys/gals release, I'll buy! Well, I haven't bought Forest Legends yet because of no HO scenes. (I think Stargazer is the developer, IIRC)

djrum

Post by djrum on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Oh no, Genki, is it okay to mention these developers?

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:05 am

Of course, I was joking Elk grin

Alawar Friday's is my favorite Wub  I'll buy just about anything they put out!  I'm really loving MagicIndie, too!  The Brink of Consciousness games are SO amazing!

Since we're on the subject, a couple of useful links:

Developed by / Published by  - A listing of developers and what they've put out

Game Series and Genre - An indexed listing of game series and what kind of games they are.  Anything that has a topic here is linked.

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the links!!! I can't keep the devs straight and always forget which does what games -- this is really useful!

djrum

Post by djrum on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:28 am

Thank you, Genki, for the links. I have recently played Untold History: Descendant of the Sun and I'm still playing Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye, both by ChaYoWo and I really like the style of these games. I just bought The Dark Hills of Cherai 2. I'd demo'd the first Dark Hills when it came out on my desktop. I am demo'ing it on my laptop now and those HO's are teeny, tiny!
    I'm going to check my Purchase History to see if I have the Gypsy game.

Esme

Post by Esme on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:18 am

jeanniemouse wrote:I agree!  It's going to feel weird not having to say "Azure Beverage" anymore...

I'm pretty sure I will always say Azure Beverage... just because! Evil Grin 

djrum

Post by djrum on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:57 pm

So, Hondo's posting Highlights on fb now? What a crock of ****! Why can't they post Highlights at their own site & then lock the thread since they don't want anyone over there anymore? Well, only the Reviewers. I've already seen the "Off-topic, removed by moderator" postings in the Reviews.

I'm tellin' ya, there's something fishy going on. CS has been and still are on "Holiday." As far as I know, there has been NO holiday whatsoever here in the U.S. in the last week.
    On fb, people are complaining about not being able to d/l games. I know what the problem is, it's the crappy new BFGA.

I can't help it, but I feel they're going to drop another bombshell announcement...soon.

djrum

Post by djrum on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Uh, oh, jeanniemouse...I think I need some more chocolate! Belly laugh 

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Uh, you're making me nervous, dj.
    I just hope whatever happens we still have access to our games. I don't have an external hard drive and just keep them all on their site

jeanniemouse

Post by jeanniemouse on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 pm

djrum wrote:Uh, oh, jeanniemouse...I think I need some more chocolate! Belly laugh 
    If you're right about an announcement coming, I may need a chocolate infusion myself.  Stars 

(Feverishly looks through purchase history to see what games I own that I desperately have to download NOW).Gah! 

Seriously speaking...if there are problems, can't they figure out that shutting everyone up suddenly is NOT the way to alleviate people's fears and keep them from jumping ship?  If anything, it's going to make us...mice...swim away faster!SOS!

ETA: fixed a typo...and Genki, I need a mouse/rat emoticon!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:08 pm

How're these? Mouse pbbt  Mouse ShadesMouse with Cheese

Last edited by genkicoll on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fairjuno

Post by Fairjuno on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Hey guys! I see you're all liking your new home! Clap Wow, Genki, nice lists! I wish I was that organized.Two thumbs up 

Oh no, DJ, I'm really starting to freak out here. I have too many games left unplayed for something to happen at BF. I have an external hd, but I've never even tried to use it. I wonder if I should start downloading soon. Can we even play them without the BFGA? I imagine they would have to do something about that if something really were to happen, right?Sweat drop

Last edited by Fairjuno on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA: Ew, I need a pic...lol.)

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:14 pm

Fairjuno, nice to see you! Sunny  I'm so glad you made it!

Before CCC disappeared, the mods swore we wouldn't lose our games, and also that they were not phasing out PC games.

djrum

Post by djrum on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:36 pm

I agree, jeanniemouse. Believe me, I'm not trying to create a big panic, but I do have a sinking feeling right now which I'm not comfortable with.

My take on the situation is--Currently, we don't have to worry. (As long as we don't have any problems cause I'm starting to wonder where Live Chat went) I don't know about e-mailing CS. I was going to e-mail them concerning a PCC, but it's no big deal so I didn't. From what I've read, their response time is taking very long & people are upset by it and I can't blame them. I would be upset, too, if my paid-for games didn't work and I couldn't get in touch with CS.
    If we have access to a working Game Manager, we're okay.

Genki, the mice emoticons are so cute!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:15 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:15 pm