Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Empty Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:45 am

Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost
    by ERS Game Studios - April, 2013

Series links: Redemption Cemetery 1: Curse of the Raven, Redemption Cemetery 2: Children's Plight, Redemption Cemetery 3: Grave Testimony, Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost, Redemption Cemetery 5: Bitter Frost. Redemption Cemetery 6: The Island of the Lost, Redemption Cemetery 7: Clock of Fate, Redemption Cemetery 8: At Death's Door, Redemption Cemetery 9: Night Terrors, Redemption Cemetery 10: Embodiment of Evil

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition /
    Steam as Collector's Edition

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Redemption-cemetery-salvation-of-the-lost-ce_feature

Escape from a mystical cemetery in Redemption Cemetery: Salvation of the Lost! A late-night subway takes a bizarre turn when you suddenly find yourself in a strange cemetery. An otherworldly entity has summoned you to free the cemetery’s lost souls. And to make sure you finish the job, she’s holding your dog hostage! To earn your freedom, you must help three spirits resolve some unfinished business from the past. Will you succeed, or is this the end of the line? Find out in this thrilling Hidden Object game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• An exciting bonus game in a mysterious underground world!
    • Beautiful wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art
    • Downloadable music tracks
    • An integrated Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Th_screen1_Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Th_screen2_Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Empty Re: Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:10 am

Redemption Cemetery Ups The Ante!
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

GAME SUMMARY & BONUS CONTENT REVIEW

Now all games are going to be measured by this standard, and the other most recent triumphs of ingenuity we have seen from these developers.

Redemption Cemetery is one of my all-time favourite series. The simple structure of gaining your release from the cemetery by saving 3 lost souls works very well. It is really 3 STORIES in one. The entity behind your sudden abduction seems to be different for each game, and the help you receive is different too, but there are similarities.

In this game, the ‘spirit of the cemetery’ is personified by Hina, who not only traps you, but also kidnaps your dog!
    Cute puppy? In Red Cem? I thought they’d gone too far, but they pulled it off! It didn’t feel a bit awkward, the dog felt like a natural part of the story.

Our buddy the raven is here again too, however he now has special abilities which you must recharge by solving an EASY yet INTERESTING PUZZLE.

And that is the best description of the game in general – EASY yet INTERESTING. There are plenty of both MINI-GAMES and HO SCENES. The HO SCENES are VARIED, there are 4 different types.

GRAPHICS are the famous WATER COLOURED HAND DRAWN that you either love or hate – with less pastel and more vitality, it seemed to me. The opening scene with the train is great. Incredible improvements in ERS’ cut scenes. Music and voiceovers are both more varied and it’s an improvement.

There is a higher than usual COMPLEXITY in GAMEPLAY, not because individual TASKS were particularly difficult, but because there was so much to do and see.

There is a MAP, limited to the locale you are in, HINT & SKIP are both quick (on the easiest level anyway), and you have a journal.

Yes, the game is easy. It’s also varied, imaginative, exciting and fast paced. I’m thinking if this is the new order, and I think it is, I’ll be taking power naps between chapters in future games!

Don’t you just love it?

BONUS CONTENT

We have: WALLPAPERS, CONCEPT ART, VIDEOS, MUSIC, PUZZLES, HO GAMES, SCREEN SAVER, STRATEGY GUIDE. All of which are pretty excellent actually.

We can replay the games with the PUPPY outside the main game (I’ll beat that Tic Tac Toe cheater eventually).

And we have the BONUS CHAPTER.

If holding your dog hostage seems a pretty mean thing to do, wait til you get to this chapter! Redemption Cemetery was always fairly low key evil, the emphasis being on the saving of souls.

Welcome to the new gloves-off Redemption! More magical, fanciful and downright scary than any before, this quest tops all our other ‘salvations’.

The bonus game takes the length of a standard chapter to complete, in almost exclusively new locations, new puzzles, even new games to play with your pet.

It’s a great adventure and makes the CE version of this game a MUST HAVE!

I Recommend This Game!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost Empty Re: Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost

Post by genkicoll Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:29 am

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost (IHOG)
    As always, this is a standalone storyline.

Your dog is being held for ransom.  The payment for release?  Free three suffering souls! 

Options include separate sliders for Music, Sound and Voices, Full-screen, Widescreen and Custom Cursor.  Choice of Regular, Advanced or Soul Savior Mode, which can be changed at any time.

Story:

On the way home one night, you suddenly realize that the subway is not making its usual stops, and there's something strange about the passengers... The end of the line, a cemetery where a corporeal spirit takes your beloved cocker spaniel as a hostage in order to gain your assistance.  Help three lost souls find peace, and you and your dog are free to go.
    Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost 8288159C77F544CE792C615D82B55A5136EC73BF

Our Journal tracks the story, per usual, but we also have a Facts tab, which stores the interesting educational tidbits that we find as we play.

Gameplay:

Be on the lookout for collectible medals, although they're pretty hard to miss. ;)

You have been given a raven to assist you in your quest.  This raven will gain the power of the elements as you progress in the game, allowing it to help you with things you'd normally need a tool for... If you were able to accomplish these things at all!  You will need to charge each power (by doing a mini-game) before it can be used, but you will get multiple uses per charge.

Inventory items with a + sign can be combined with other items - just drag and drop one on top of the other.

The MAP can be interactive, and has insta-transport available.  Directional HINTS are also available.

We have two types of Hidden Object Scenes: Lightly-interactive find-by-list, and highly-interactive silhouette puzzles.  HOS repeat, but items you found the first time there will stay gone.
    Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost 04B145E0D0D92265B8460C471CB51B64D4D06869

Mini-games vary in difficulty, but are generally neither too hard nor too easy.

Sights and Sounds:

The voices are pretty well done for a casual title, and the rest of the sound work was nicely-suited to the game.  The graphics progressively got more and more beautiful as I progressed, 'til it seemed like I was screenshotting every scene. lol~  Each mini-story is perfectly-represented so as to keep you immersed in the story.  It's really hard to choose a favorite, but I'll go with this one:
    Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost 6A81AAB270ED7E538FE6E3A7CC8ED90C5C3B2325

CE Content:

• Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Bonus Chapter
    • 20 Collectible Medals*
    • 13 Wallpapers
    • 21 Concept Art
    • 7 Screen Savers
    • 4 Music Tracks (can be saved)
    • 23 Replayable Puzzles
    • 11 Replayable HOS
    • 24 Cutscenes

*Find four sets five of medals to unlock mini-games in the puppy's bonus section.  Each of the four minis has at least one trophy that you can earn for playing them.  They are: Mini-mosaic puzzles, Tic-tac-toe, Memory card-matching and "Paws and tails", which is memorizing the order in which your puppy moves limbs and ears.

Bonus Chapter:

We have a clear and satisfying ending to the main game, but the extra chapter continues the story just a little longer.  A demon is trying to break into our world, and your help is needed to stop it.

The gameplay is solid - just as good as in the main game - and I might have enjoyed it even more.

Verdict:

The elemental power of the raven added a nice depth to the gameplay, and I enjoyed all four of the stories.  The built-in breaking points between stories is great for when you have a limited amount of time to play, each story lasting about an hour.  The puppy mini-games added an additional 30 minutes to my gametime.

It was such a pleasure to play this game, I just found it to be really fun.  It seems like every game that I play in the series is more and more enjoyable. Recommended!

Redemption Cemetery 4: Salvation of the Lost O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 pm