Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Empty Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG)

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:50 pm

From Glitch's website:

What is Glitch?

Glitch is a web-based massively-multiplayer game which takes place inside the minds of eleven peculiarly imaginative Giants. You choose how to grow and shape the world: building and developing, learning new skills, collaborating or competing with everyone else in one enormous, ever-changing, persistent world.

Why is it called Glitch?

"Glitch" is both the name of the game and its fundamental concept: the yin and the yang, the fundamental force, the alpha and omega, the path, the way, and most of all: the happy accidents of unfettered creativity. In Glitch, things don't always make sense at first. But that's where the fun starts.

What does it look like?

We comb the internet every single day looking for fresh and original visual styles. The look varies as you travel around the world, from psychedelia to surrealism, Japanese cutesie to hypersaturated pixel art, classic cartoon to contemporary mixed media. We love awesome illustration and animation and part of our mission is to find the best of the best and bring it to a wider audience.

Click images to enlarge
    glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Groddle glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Hug glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Ilmenskie glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Kala glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Mash glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Rook

How much does it cost?

Glitch is free to play. Some game items (like fabulous clothing and accessories for your avatar, and teleportation tokens) are purchasable, but none of these items impact your game play. To be good at Glitch—you actually have to be good at Glitch. Premium accounts are also available by subscription, allowing players access to additional avatar customization as well as monthly stipends of credits, teleportation tokens, and referendum votes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right now, Glitch is still in beta and available by invite-only. They had launched it, and "unlaunched" it again shortly afterward, which I hope to explain in the next post (waiting for the OK to quote a friend's message glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) 2981382511)

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Empty Re: Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG)

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:56 am

Lilyr's take on the "unlaunch" of Glitch:

"About the "unlaunch" of Glitch ...

I didn't know until recently that the people responsible for Glitch had wanted to make a fantastic online game as their primary purpose. When the dot.com bubble burst and then 9/11 happened it didn't seem feasible. So what do you do when you can't make the game you want to? You invent, and sell, Flickr!

These people are VERY serious about designing and implementing the very best game that they can. They spent a very long time in Alpha testing and then in the first Beta. Glitch launched mid September 2011 . Tiny Speck had originally expected the launch to be in 2010. They are constantly tweaking to make things better. When it first launched there were literally thousands of players flooding into the game. It was hard to maintain the quality and provide the resources necessary. Sooo ... they "unlaunched" and took the game back to Beta. This means that you have to be invited into the game. Also Tiny Speck is completely overhauling the way they will manage housing.

When the game launched, all of the Alpha and Beta testers were reset to zero. Tiny Speck didn't think it would be fair for us to start out with what we had in Beta. The Alpha testers had been through this several times. I started just after the previous reset so i was scared. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and it was actually fun! TS has no plans for another reset except for the change in housing.

It's a small company and the people who make the game play the game. They befriend any players who want them on their list, you can see them in the game from time to time. Sort of the old days at BFG when Paul Thelan played in the Forums as picman."
    tweetypie

glitch - Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG) Empty Re: Glitch (FREE browser-based MMORPG)

Post by tweetypie Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I started Beta-testing at Glitch when FS closed. It only opened once a week back then. So wonderful that a lot of FS folks are there. They don't like it when we refer to FS and we have been told to get over it and move on lol. The forums there can be horrible and many arguments start over nothing. I don't post there I find it quite bullying at times.

I don't play much now,I have reached that plateau where you say what now. I love the parties though and play just to socialize with friends when we can get together.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm

I haven't been all that active in the Glitch forums, so I haven't seen any of that kind of treatment, but I'll take your word for it.

I'm really looking forward to the new housing. Rascalmom says that she's tested it, and though it won't be quite as customizable as the FS spheres, it's very similar. Very encouraging!
    tweetypie

Post by tweetypie Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I think it's great some FS players are now staff. I can see some FS traits creeping in hehe. Now we need pets. Laugh

ETA..yeah the forums are calm at the moment. But when they rift it gets nasty.

Last edited by tweetypie on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
    bribling

Post by bribling Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:30 am

On Sept. 6 The 1st Feat was introduced. There will be more to come! We had to meditate 11,113 Minutes. To complete this we were given 6 Glitch Days. Silly Devs, we completed this in only one Glitch Day! As usual, this spawned several Meditation parties. I attended two of them, one at Groddle Forest Junction and one a Cebarkul. We had Spinning Wheels, Rainbows, Biggifying and Debiggifying potions, and even multiple Rubes. Kukubee joined us at Cebarkul. A great time was had by all and "Good Night Groddle" was played at the end. All meditations contributed to the ultimate Goal and there will be a Reward for completing the Feat on Sept. 7.

Last edited by bribling on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:02 am

Neat, I wondered what all was going to happen with the Feat. I signed Genkicoll on for long enough to contribute all of maybe a minute before the goal was reached Silly face Then I saw a message from "GOD" saying something like, "Great, thanks for ruining all my best-laid plans!" haha

There is just so much going on in the world of Glitch right now, but I haven't been posting about it (here) since I don't know if there's any Glitch-player who visits my site that wouldn't already know about it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 pm