Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign

genkicoll
    genkicoll

voodoo - Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign  Empty Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign
    by: Space Monkey Games

Available from:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Premium Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

voodoo - Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign  Voodoo-chronicles-first-sign-collectors_feature

Help out James Voodoo as he investigates a mysterious attack and goes on an incredible adventure in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign! Explore the forsaken hamlet of Ravenhill, then travel the world’s wealthiest city, Richtown, and uncover the secret of a lost tribe in this challenging Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Can you save the city from the terrifying monster? Find out in Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge

voodoo - Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign  Th_screen1 voodoo - Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign  Th_screen2 voodoo - Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign  Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

voodoo - Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign  Empty Re: Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign

Post by JustTheFacts Wed May 14, 2014 3:38 am

Better Than I Expected, But Not Worth CE

I never buy CEs, and when I bought this by mistake I was quite cross. I didn't think I'd like this much from the trial, so I was doubly doubtful. Then I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Set in the era of speakeasies and flappers, it is very much a period piece in style, right down to the music and the way people talk. The actor who plays Voodoo is great, he's a real ham, but it suits the game's era to a tee. I also like the fact that he fed his cat before leaving for his big assignment. Smile

This game, despite the name, is not really about voodoo, that's just the guy's name. But it does involve magical and sinister beings - who are wonderfully creepy. But in a light-hearted way.

The graphics are excellent and the gameplay good. Plenty of HO scenes, usually visited twice. They are pretty static, and occasionally some objects are given strange names, but none of that interferes with the fun factor. Not much in the way of puzzles.

The ending was cool, and satisfying. Then, being a CE, there followed extra gameplay. This really didn't do much for me, and THAT ending was really annoying, it just... stopped. I certainly was disappointed with the CE, I think the story played better without it. But having the strategy guide was very helpful.

Basically, I think it a better than average game that was far more enjoyable than I expected, but I see no reason for buying the CE.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:15 pm