Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

genkicoll
    genkicoll

sonata - Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel  Empty Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

Post by genkicoll Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:09 am

Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel
    by Boomzap - November, 2012

Series linksDeath at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel, , Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel, Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel, Death at Cape Porto: A Dana Knightstone Novel, Death and Betrayal in Romania: A Dana Knightstone Novel

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

sonata - Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel  Death-sonata-dana-knightstone-novel-ce_feature

Return to Europe in a brand new adventure as Dana Knightstone, the best-selling novelist who can see ghosts. When your cousin, famed musician Sebastian Knightstone, starts hearing eerie violin music in his Austrian manor, he asks for your help to investigate. But you're not the only one digging up the ghost's secrets -- and you find yourself falling headlong into danger! Solve challenging puzzles as you trek through snowy Austrian landscapes in search of missing clues. Can you follow the ghost's trail before time runs out?

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Smart strategy guide
    • Wallpaper & concept art
    • Replayable cutscenes

For the Standard Edition:

Click images to enlarge
    sonata - Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel  Th_screen1_sonata - Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel  Th_screen2_sonata - Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel  Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:46 am; edited 3 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

sonata - Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel  Empty Re: Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Somebody Listened Too Well
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I think the developers have listened too well to that very vocal group of hard core gamers for whom everything is too easy. The first two games of this series were light-hearted, pretty, easy romances, and were delightful because of it. Not so Austrian Sonata.

It is beautiful, but it is dark in a way the previous games haven’t been. And more dangerous. And more dramatic.

MINOR SPOILER ALERT** Even the happily ever after is bitter sweet. **SPOILER FINISHED

But above all, this game is much more difficult to play. I found myself skipping too often, and practically relying exclusively on hint to get around. And they even stole the achievements to the CE’s exclusive use. Despite all these problems I still finished the game in just over 3 hours – very short for me, and certainly shorter than most games I play.

One important plus about this game, though, - as you’d expect from the name – the music is enchanting and refreshing.  
    All up? I think the developer tried too hard on this one, but it is still a beautiful game.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:33 pm