Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Empty Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman

Post by genkicoll Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 am

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Secrets-seas-flying-dutchman-ce_feature

Uncover the Sea Secrets of the Flying Dutchman in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman! Find hidden objects and solve adventuresome puzzles in this oceanic hidden object puzzle adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Bonus Content
    • Wallpapers and Screensavers

For standard edition:

Click images to enlarge
    Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Th_screen1 Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Th_screen2 Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Th_screen3

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman Empty Re: Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman

Post by JustTheFacts Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:03 am

Adventure Ahoy

Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I enjoy this game every time I play it. At first it seems pretty simple.

Your friend has lost a bet with an evil PIRATE CAPTAIN, and is forced to join the crew of the FLYING DUTCHMAN, a legendary ghost ship that can never make port, doomed to sail the oceans forever.

However, throwing your lot in with him in the hopes of rescuing him, you find yourself HELPING the CAPTAIN, AGAINST HIS WILL, to UNDO the curse. Plenty of land-based action as well as on the ‘briny waters’

I like the GRAPHICS on this one. They’re not the best you’ve ever seen, but they are BRIGHT, COLOURFUL & RICHLY TEXTURED. MUSIC was TYPICAL swashbuckling stuff, but I really liked the AMBIENT sound in much of the game. VOICEOVER was limited to the opening.

The GAMEPLAY was a good mix of 2 parts ADVENTURE, 2 parts
    (INTERACTIVE LIST) HO SCENES – visited twice, 1 part PUZZLES. None of it was hard. But...

HINT outside HOS was useless, and there was NO MAP. There was a JOURNAL, with essential details.

You have COLLECTIBLES in the form of PEARLS, which offer backstory, and are a NECESSARY part of the game.

A surprising amount of story was included in this game, making far more interesting than a standard pirate game. No underwater locations, however, to my sorrow. Still, solid entertainment.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 am