Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Whispered Secrets 2: Into The Beyond

JustTheFacts

Whispered Secrets 2: Into The Beyond

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 am

Whispered Secrets: Into the Beyond
    by GrandMa Studios - November, 2013

Series links: Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville, Whispered Secrets 2: Into The Beyond, Whispered Secrets 3: Into the Wind

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Journey to a strange new dimension in Whispered Secrets: Into the Unknown! You and your fiancé, Tim, have been happily preparing for your wedding day. But on the eve of your wedding, your future mother-in-law is poisoned. Tim has the scientific knowledge to cure her, but he's just been abducted by a mad inventor! As you set out to find Tim, you quickly realize he's been taken much farther away than you could have imagined – into another dimension! Explore a bizarre world and discover its secrets as you race against time to save your family in this beautiful Hidden Object adventure!

• Stop rampaging minions in the bonus game
    • Beautiful screensavers, wallpapers, and art
    • Enchanting music tracks
    • Integrated Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition:

• Walkthrough
    • Strategy Guide (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    __

JustTheFacts

Re: Whispered Secrets 2: Into The Beyond

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:06 am

Good All-Rounder
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny

BASED ON DEMO
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    At first I thought, oh yeah, I know these graphics, must be our prolific friends from ERS. But I was wrong. This developer has gone for the same look and feel, with hand painted colours, and the mechanical gadgets of the PuppetShow series. Although with a lighter hand. (When I used the aspect ratio toggle, the similarity was greatly reduced.)

This game is a genuine sequel to the original “Whispered Secrets: Tideville”. The son you rescued then, Tim, now an adult and a scientist himself, is your fiancé, but your old role receives what might be called an ‘honourable mention’, we/she are poisoned.

Another game that this one has similarities with is Dreamscapes: The Sandman. Remember those delightfully ugly little surveillance bots scattered throughout the game, peering watching leering? Collectibles of course.

On the good guy side, we have a dragonfly vacuum bot that sucks toxins out of the air. And that’s as close as we get to cute in the actual game. The achievements page has a nameable cat at the fireplace, but you don’t NEED to go there... Mind you, it is the achievements and collectibles that I especially like. But then I also love cats.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
    Frustrated mad scientist is trying to invent the eternal energy supply, gets desperate, poisons your soon-to-be mother-in-law, then hijacks your scientist/inventor fiancé to help him in his terrible experiments – in another dimension!

Well, it’s certainly not your standard story beginning. You are kept busy finding all his tools, caches with special ingredients, puzzles to unlock secret rooms – all in order to follow him into the new dimension.

MAKING PROGRESS
    The emphasis is on HOPs. They are interactive lists, visited twice, sometimes too soon after the first visit. The puzzles so far have been easy, different but not astonishingly so, and the adventure component is very straightforward. The interactive jump map shows a lot of locations. Objectives are highlighted, not available tasks. Hint was directional.

At no time did I really feel challenged, but the game was involving enough for me to totally forget I was on a demo, and I was suddenly thrown out of the game without warning. That so rarely happens to me, it is a measure of success in itself.

BLING!
    The CE comes with all you’d expect. Gallery items, bonus chapter, strategy guide, achievements and collectibles – and the cat. I don’t think I missed anything.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    I really got into this one and thoroughly enjoyed myself, but it is not 5 star material. Much as I loved it, there is nothing terribly new or outstanding about this game. It is just a really good game. The CE version, is justified if you’re into the Bling! I think I’ll deprive myself of one more gorgeous cat and fireplace this time, and wait for the SE.

I Recommend This Game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 pm