Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Empty Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast

Post by genkicoll Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast
    by  Playpond - October, 2011

Series links: Mystery Legends 1: Sleepy Hollow, Mystery Legends 2: The Phantom of the Opera, Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast

Available at:
    Playpond - CE version
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition

Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Mystery-legends-beauty-beast-collectors_feature

Once upon a time, deep within the heart of a kingdom, a charming prince was cursed by a scorned enchantress. Entangled within her wicked spell, he lay dying until a fair maiden’s love revealed the beauty within the beast. However, their happily ever after was not destined to last. Journey across magical lands, seek the help of fantastical friends, and overcome all obstacles to find the beauty within the beast once more!

• Magical environments and puzzles
    • Classic tale of magic and love
    • Save the charming prince!
    • Walkthrough (Gamezebo)

Click images to enlarge
    Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Th_screen1  Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Th_screen2  Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Empty Re: Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 am

I wrote this 2 years ago, when I had just started playing HOGs. It's not much, but consider it a place-saver. I'll redo it when I finish the others on my list Rolling Eyes

A Delightful Experience

Sunny Sunny SunnySunnySunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

What can I possibly say that hasn’t already been said by dozens of other reviewers? The ‘Best Graphics of 2011’ is well earned. The game is unbelievably pretty, varied in the scenes it offers, and the cleanest I’ve ever seen.

But Beauty is not just about, well, beauty. The story continues the fairy tale theme of the original legend, and so is a little smaltzy at times. But this is made up for by the truly adorable other characters in the game – before you know it, you’re getting as soft as everyone else.

The puzzles are well handled, smoothly integrating different locales and objectives. They vary in difficulty, leaning towards easy. The HO scenes are of course beautiful. Hint was helpful, generally speaking, and the gameplay was well paced. I thought the game a little short, though the ending was great fun – and a challenge.

I came to this game a major fan of Phantom of the Opera, and despite giving Beauty a five star recommendation, I still like Phantom better. I think it’s the more grown up feel in Phantom that wins out over Beauty.

Either way, how could you NOT want to own them both?

I Recommend This Game!
    djrum
    djrum

Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast Empty Re: Mystery Legends 3: Beauty and the Beast

Post by djrum Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 am

I dearly miss the Mystery Legends series and wish that Playpond would do another.

Heck, at this point, I wish they'd just come out with another game.

Sadly, I don't think it'll happen, having not heard from this developer for a long time.  Cry
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Hello folks.  I just got around to playing this game yesterday.  I liked it but it was very easy.  I really prefer games that challenge me more than this on.  But it was clever.  I liked the little bits of steampunk thrown in, and the graphics were beautiful.

Can anyone tell me if the 'collector's edition' is worth it?  I don't need a spoiler, just wondering if the bonus chapter story is really interesting.  Ultimately, I like an easy game with a good story over a challenging game with a bad plot.  Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 am