Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Dark Dimensions 1: City of Fog

genkicoll

Dark Dimensions 1: City of Fog

Post by genkicoll on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:30 pm

Dark Dimensions: City of Fog
    by Daily Magic Productions

Series links: Dark Dimensions 1: City of Fog, Dark Dimensions 2: Wax Beauty, Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash, Dark Dimensions 4: Somber Song, Dark Dimensions 5: Homecoming

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition  / Standard Edition
    iWin as Standard Edition only

Silvertown was swallowed by fog and disappeared from the face  of the earth 100 years ago. Search for a town consumed by fog! Unlock  forbidden doors and uncover mysterious items in this thrilling Hidden  Object Puzzle Adventure game!

The Collector’s Edition includes:  

• Bonus gameplay
    • Built-in Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful Wallpapers
    • Original Soundtrack

For the Standard Edition

• Walkthrough
    • Strategy Guide (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    __

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

JustTheFacts

Re: Dark Dimensions 1: City of Fog

Post by JustTheFacts on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Well Worth CE Price  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

In fact, I have reviewed this game 3 times already, back not long after it was released (2011) and again in March of this year and again for the CE, even though I own the SE game, which I’ve played about 8 times, the last time with walkthrough handy, because even after all those tries I still end up skipping and hinting too much.

This has a little of all 3 in it...

This is a top notch game, with beautifully crafted graphics, good environmental sounds, and unobtrusive music. It even has changing weather! The story is one we’ve all played a million times before. Tragedy, ghosts, you must help them or the world will end. As I say, the usual, but well told. It ends neatly and satisfyingly, but leaves one little question unanswered, and had I known, I would have bought the CE for that alone.

The journal is actually quite helpful, besides keeping codes etc. it fleshes out the story a bit and draws conclusions that can help guide you to the next task. The game play is great too. The HOS are very interactive, where items on the list go immediately to inventory where they can be used to find others on the list. Common enough now, but unique when this game was first released.

My one gripe with it was over the hint/skip buttons and the difficulty of the puzzles. Hint only tells if there is a task to do in the location, but does not differentiate between ones you can complete immediately and those for which you do not have the items needed to start the puzzle. This has caused me so much frustration! Then, you finally try to do the puzzle, as often as not it’s too hard. And skip takes forever. (No choice of difficulty levels).

Which is why I’m writing this review. If you are thinking of buying this game, CE or SE, go with the CE. Even without any bonus game at all, and none of the usual CE bling, this game is worth the price, for the integrated strategy guide alone.

I recommend this game!

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I thought this was an excellent game, too.  I really feel that it didn't earn the recognition it deserved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:52 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:52 pm