Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash Empty Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash

Post by genkicoll Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:08 am

Dark Dimensions: City of Ash
    by Daily Magic Productions - June, 2013

Series links: Dark Dimensions 1: City of Fog, Dark Dimensions 2: Wax Beauty, Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash, Dark Dimensions 4: Somber Song, Dark Dimensions 5: Homecoming, Dark Dimensions 6: Shadow Pirouette, Dark Dimensions 7: Blade Master, Dark Dimensions 8: Vengeful Beauty

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash Dark-dimensions-city-of-ash-ce_feature

You've been studying the supernatural phenomenon known as dark dimensions since you were very young, hoping that they will eventually lead you to your missing family, but nothing has prepared you for the danger that awaits you in Phoenix Hill, California. Once a prosperous mining town in the 1950s, a volcanic eruption changed everything. Now its citizens are trapped as spirits of ash, unable to move on. Can you uncover the tragedy that caused this dark dimension to appear? While most of the inhabitants are friendly, one fiery ghost will do anything to stop you. Volcanic tremors are rumbling beneath your feet. Will the volcano erupt again? Watch your step in Dark Dimensions: City of Ash, a sizzling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus chapter exploring mysterious forces
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Downloadable wallpaper and soundtrack
    • Help Phoenix Hill rise from the ashes!

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash Th_screen1_Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash Th_screen2_Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:34 am; edited 5 times in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark Dimensions 3: City of Ash Empty Dark Dimensions[3]: City Of Ash Collector’s Edition

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:58 am

I’m Keen To Get Into This One
    Sunny Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

The Dark Dimensions series has a good track record of delivering challenging gameplay combined with an interesting story and excellent, but not ‘pretty’ graphics. This third game, though having a different ‘feel’ than the others, promises to deliver the same.

Another Dark Dimension has been created by a senseless tragedy in the town of Phoenix Hill, and your mission is to find out the source of the evil controlling the town and destroy it. Until you do, the townspeople will remain BEINGS OF ASH, the victims of the volcano eruption that has devastated the town.

I did feel more comfortable with this game than with the others. It felt easier, and more logical in the GAME PROGRESS. However, not all the PUZZLES were easy, and there was one in particular, an ORIGINAL MODIFICATION of a well known one, that was transformed into A REAL BRAINTEASER.

The RATIO between PUZZLES & HO SCENES was tipped more towards the HOS in this game, which I liked. The HOS themselves were VERY INTERACTIVE LISTS, in which half the items you found needed to be used to find the other half. Some of the interactions needed were sufficiently COMPLEX to feel more like a logic puzzle than an HO scene.

There’s an EXCELLENT INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP, plus DIRECTIONAL HINT. And a DIARY. Which I found I didn’t really need so far. Excellent VOICEOVERS accompanied very well CONCEIVED & DEPICTED characters that you encounter. Very INTERESTING, the way the ‘ask people’ were drawn.

MUSIC was unobtrusive. SOUND EFFECTS were good.

I found the game enjoyable, intriguing, and involving. The demo took me 40 minutes, and I was very disappointed when it ended.

STRATEGY GUIDE, GALLERY – wallpapers, concept art, music[/color]
    BONUS GAME? – I am uncertain, from the demo, whether this is a BONUS CHAPTER, or some other DIFFERENT kind of bonus.

COLLECTIONS – these are a MYSTERY, because there is no indication of how  these TROPHIES/COLLECTIBLES work, and I didn’t get any within the demo.

I must admit, the not knowing exactly what these bonus features are tempts me to buy the CE. For those people already complaining about too much cute, this should be a winner. It’s a serious game with an interesting story and no cuddly companions. For me, a lover of “cute”, this makes a nice break from it.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 am