Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo Empty Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo

Post by genkicoll Fri May 31, 2019 9:51 pm

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo
    by Urchin Games - March, 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish
    Steam

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo Scarytales-all-hail-king-mongo_feature

The evil sorcerer Zarrar has returned to take vengeance upon your family and the kingdom from which he was banished years ago. After possessing your brother’s mind through his dark magic, Zarrar is now unstoppable. As the princess, you are the only remaining member of the royal family who is safe from Zarrar’s evil scheme. Stop Zarrar and rescue your family and your kingdom in Scarytales: All Hail King Mogo!

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo Screen1
    Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo Screen2
    Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo Screen3

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo Empty Re: Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo

Post by genkicoll Fri May 31, 2019 10:21 pm

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo (IHOG)

ENORMOUS spider warning!

Save the kingdom from an evil wizard who has returned to wreak havoc on the kingdom!

Options include separate sliders for Music, SFX and Voices, Full-screen, Widescreen and Custom Cursor.  Choice of Normal or Hard mode and an optional Tutorial.

You are a princess whose father has disappeared, and whose brother is being controlled by a dark wizard.  You are the only member of the royal family remaining, and only you can save your family and the kingdom.

Using a HINT during the adventure portion of the game will get you very specific instructions on how to proceed, so use with caution!  We have a bow that stays with us throughout the game, and will occasionally find arrows that will help us along the way.  I both like this and don't like it.  I like that our Princess is skilled with a bow, but I don't like that some of the things we shoot at make no sense.

Speaking of which there is some messed up logic in this title - a pet peeve of mine - but I expected nothing less from this game ;)

There is neither Journal nor MAP, but you are restricted to a small number of locations at any given time, and there's not a lot of story to track.

Puzzles are skippable an are generally easy-to-understand and complete.

Hidden object scenes are your standard find-by-list type with no interaction.  If you use a hint during a HOS, you will get a picture popup showing you where on the scene you should look.  I really like that we find more than one usable item on each scene, as it's more realistic.  HOS will repeat once, but are nicely-spaced with the adventure part of the game.

The graphics range in quality from okay to pretty depending on where you are in the game.

The game should take you anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours to complete, depending on how observant you are.  Despite my problems with the logic, it was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours, and was actually more fun that I had anticipated.

Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo O9fj

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm