Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+3
Serenity_xx_
TheCloser17
genkicoll
7 posters

Games Finished in 2018

TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Games Finished in 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: Games Finished in 2018

Post by TheCloser17 Tue May 08, 2018 10:55 pm

Adding Homerun Solitaire, I gotta start working on my tougher games again and see if I can get them done or as complete as I can do. I have Defense Grid, Castle Storm, Syberia and Mafia II to name a few.
    We will see what I can do.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Games Finished in 2018 - Page 3 Empty Help Please Genki!

Post by JustTheFacts Thu May 10, 2018 12:20 pm

I have forgotten how to create links and update my review lists! Embarrassed Please help oh all knowing one!  We\'re Unworthy!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 pm

1. Find the post you'd like to make a link of, then click of the title of the thread at the top of your post.
    (For instance, in your post above, you'd click on the purple link that says Help Please Genki! right above where it says 'by JustTheFacts'.

2. Highlight the URL at the top of the page, then copy it by either right-clicking and choosing copy, or holding down the Ctrl button and tapping on the c ('c' for 'copy')

3. Go to the post you'd like to add a link to, and select Edit (in the bottom right corner of the post.)

4. Put your cursor within the post where you'd like your link to be, then click on the button at the top of the reply box that looks like this:
    Games Finished in 2018 - Page 3 8D0ov+mzIJINIAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

5. You'll now have a pop-up.  In the top part paste (right-click and choose paste, or use Ctrl-v) the link that you had previously copied.  In the bottom box put whatever you wish to describe where the link is going to take people.
    Games Finished in 2018 - Page 3 BYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==
    6. Click on the Insert button and you're done~!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat May 12, 2018 5:15 am

YAY!! It worked! Even more amazing, my bookmarks for my reviews still work, so I updated that as well. Now, if I could just stick at one game at a time...

thankee
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Tue May 15, 2018 12:28 am

Adding  Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind Platinum Edition.  It was a pretty good hog game, very recommended.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am

Hmm, I did the demo of Alex Hunter years ago, and I remember not being blown away.  It gets better, I'm guessing?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Fri May 18, 2018 7:04 pm

Draw_Love

100 levels of simplicity. All you have to do is draw lines in a way that will result in the two dots coming together via physics.

New dynamics are introduced as you progress, keeping things fresh and adding a bit of challenge.

"Just one more level" mentality had me by the hand - I couldn't stop playing! The only thing I didn't care for was the music ("This Old Man") playing in a loop in the background.

I personally found the game to be a delightful way to pass an hour and a half, and of course I don't mind adding another 100%'d game to my repertoire, either! I recommend getting this one bundled.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat May 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Righty Tighty XL (Arcade)

Simple, easy-to-learn, fun and addictive. All you have to do is grab the white balls and deposit them in the goal. Avoid anything colored, and grab all bonuses that you can (also white), but don't touch the edge of the screen!

The single-button control makes you turn to the right with each click... Until you unlock the reversi-ball (has red arrows in it.) As soon as you drop it in the goal, you'll immediately start turning LEFT with each click! :o

Good brain training, achievements, leaderboards and responsive controls will soon leave you hooked. Just one more try... ! How many goals can YOU earn?
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue May 29, 2018 10:25 pm

TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:08 am

genkicoll wrote:Righty Tighty XL (Arcade)

Simple, easy-to-learn, fun and addictive. All you have to do is grab the white balls and deposit them in the goal. Avoid anything colored, and grab all bonuses that you can (also white), but don't touch the edge of the screen!

The single-button control makes you turn to the right with each click... Until you unlock the reversi-ball (has red arrows in it.) As soon as you drop it in the goal, you'll immediately start turning LEFT with each click! :o

Good brain training, achievements, leaderboards and responsive controls will soon leave you hooked. Just one more try... ! How many goals can YOU earn?

Looks like a fun game Genki, WISHLISTED!
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:13 am

genkicoll wrote:Hmm, I did the demo of Alex Hunter years ago, and I remember not being blown away.  It gets better, I'm guessing?

Yes I think it starts slow, but the puzzles are good, the story, and of course the HOG scenes. I think sometimes there is a bit too much returning to areas, but I thought it was a pretty good HOG game.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:40 am

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle

This'll be a short review, as I did not complete the game.

This is a slider puzzle: Slide Jason into the objects around him in order to get to the campers and take them out. As you progress you'll end of up with obstacles that can kill Jason, and you can get stuck if you take the wrong route. No worries, though, as there is both a Rewind button and a button to start over from the beginning.

New weapons will unlock as you progress, so that you can kill your campers in a variety of ways... ^_^;

As you start the game, you'll be given a 'PG' (no gore) or 'R' gameplay option. I'm a no-gore type of person, so I thought that with the cute graphics I'd be able to enjoy the game for the puzzle aspect. While there is no blood in the 'PG' gameplay, you still watch Jason violently eridicate a character at the end of every puzzle. This one is not for me, but it's a good puzzle game, nonetheless.

Recommended for those who like puzzles and will find humor in being the villain.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Wow, I'm up to 30 games finished this year... plus I actually finished Steamworld Dig three times. Silly face  Not bad considering my periodic gaming slumps!
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 pm

My 17th complete game of 2018 is Bronze Age. I've had a lot of fun with this game. Minimalistic strategy/building game, that is quite fun for the price of it. I've put quite a few hours into it. But, I am unable to pick up the last three achievements after many many tries to do so. I feel like it's time to move on now and get more hours into the sequel to this game Marble Age. Maybe one day when I've gotten a lot of others games played I may reinstall to try for the last three achieves again, but I have a feeling I still wouldn't get them then either LOL  So no 100% here.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:51 am

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 am

JustTheFacts wrote:
    Not exactly Speedy Gonzales here.  Rolling Eyes

It's all about enjoying games, not how fast we can get them played~ Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Just finished my 34th game for the year... Although I *did* complete Steamworld Dig four times, so does that actually count as 37 games? Laugh
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm

Thanks Colleen for giving me the link to GGG! I am back at last after my pc died. Still working on getting new one all set up to my tastes as well as getting all my links in my folder.

I have added these games to my complete list:

18. Roads of Rome n/a
    19. Roads of Rome II n/a
    20. Syberia   n/a
    21. Pinball FX2  43/140

The Roads of Rome games are quiet little diversions and simple to play when you just don't feel like getting into a deep game. They do provide a bit of a challenge to make all the expert times, but they are doable. And I completed both games with 100% expert finishes.

Syberia, was not my cup of tea, I am not surprised as adventure/pnc games can be very hit or miss for me, if I enjoy them or not (mostly miss). And I know it doesn't look like I worked hard on pb fx 2 but you would be mistaken. I put in almost 600 hours on it but I am not good enough to get all the achievements, not by a long shot. And now I am invested into PB FX 3.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm not good at pinball either.  I know that there are techniques and strategies that the very best players use, but it doesn't compute with me - Hit the ball, don't let it leave the table.  That's what I see! lol~
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm

New Glass Masquerade DLC finished~! Will review a bit later Smile
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:33 am

Another addition to the completed games list. This time it's Viking Saga: The Cursed Ring. A clicker game like a couple of my previous completed games, Roads of Rome and ROR II. Although, now that I have really gotten the hang of them now, I do think that Viking Saga is a little tougher on some of the levels than Roads of Rome was. I have finished every level including bonus levels on the expert levels, no achievements were available for this game.

I do enjoy these games when I am not feeling like getting in depth with a game. But, I will now be taking a break from the clicker games. I do have quite a few more of these from the same company that all came in a bundle that a friend gave me.
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 am

I've completed Kingdom: Classic with 100% achievements. Kingdom Classic is a minimalist strategy game. This type of genre is a newer to me type, and I have enjoyed the ones I have played so far. This game took me a few tries as well as reading a couple of guides to really start getting the hang of it. But, once I got going I had a lot of fun playing it. I developed a lot of my own strategies once I figured out how things worked. Even though the game controls are very basic there are quite a few things to learn the trick of doing, like getting grassy areas early for hunting to get coins built up fast. And also how to "herd" deer. Although I found after the first few days, if you get a good grassy area going for the rabbits to graze, it's a waste of time to herd.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:56 am

TheCloser17 wrote:Another addition to the completed games list. This time it's Viking Saga: The Cursed Ring. A clicker game like a couple of my previous completed games, Roads of Rome and ROR II.

The casual gamers call these Time Management games!  I've always enjoyed them Big smile  My Kingdom for the Princess is probably my favorite of this particular type of TM.

I've finished Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink, and am almost done with My Brother Rabbit... I just need to write up the reviews.  Seems like there was another I finished, but I can't remember. Laugh
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Plunking this review here until I get around to re-writing my Arkham Knight review.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Season of Infamy: Most Wanted Expansion
    No spoilers

This DLC adds four new story-arcs to the base game, featuring four of Arkham's Most-Wanted:

The Mad Hatter - This guy really feels like a non-entity to me, but the trippy landscapes you end up in add enough interest to keep his story-arc from being totally boring.  I recommend doing this DLC early on, as it is the weakest story of the four.  You will only need the Remote Hacking Device to complete this one.

Killer Croc - Ahh, Killer Croc.  Here you find out what happened to him after the events at Arkham Asylum.  I don't want to give any details and ruin anything for you, but I will say that I'm mildly surprised at his fate.  I don't remember what gadgets you might need.

Ra’s Al Ghul - Ra's disappeared at the end of Arkham City, and now we learn his fate.  There is a surprising amount of blood in this section - more than I remember seeing in the rest of the games combined, although of course none of it caused by us.  Like the Azrael story-arc from the main game, you choose the outcome, and the ending will be wildly different depending on your choice.  You will need the Remote Electric Charge gadget before you can access this story.

Mr. Freeze - This story gives us true closure, and takes us places I never expected to go with Mr. Freeze.  You will need to be adept at maneuvering the Batmobile before you can complete his tale.  This was my favorite of the four.

I really enjoyed this DLC, and although I don't think that it is worth the full purchase price, I am very happy with my discounted purchase.  Recommended!
    TheCloser17
    TheCloser17

Post by TheCloser17 Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Added the following game to my complete list

24. Hidden Folks
    25. aMAZE Halloween
    26. Hidden Animals: Photo Hunt
    27. Luxor 2 HD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content