Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret Empty Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret

Post by genkicoll Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:08 am

Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret
    by Eipix Entertainment - September, 2014

Series linksDanse Macabre 1: The Last Adagio, Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret, Danse Macabre 3: Deadly Deception, Danse Macabre 4: Thin Ice, Danse Macabre 5: Lethal Letters, Danse Macabre 6: Ominous Obsession, Danse Macabre 7: Florentine Elegy, Danse Macabre 8: Curse of the Banshee

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Steam as Collector's Edition

Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret Danse-macabre-crimson-cabaret-ce_feature

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, famous artist and dedicated patron of the Moulin Rouge, has come to you for help! Who murdered his friend Sophie, the leading lady of the Moulin Rouge? It’s time to gather up the suspects. Was it the clumsy stagehand? Or maybe it was the jealous Baron… Explore the city of Paris as you gather and examine evidence that will point you to the true killer. But watch your step – a masked figure is watching you from around every corner! Make sure this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure isn’t your last!

• Continue exploring the nightclub in the bonus game!
    • Challenging achievements and replayable mini-games
    • Collectible music, concept art, movies, and more!
    • An available Strategy Guide
    • Blog Walkthrough (Big Fish)

Click images to enlarge
    Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret Th_screen1 Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret Th_screen2 Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret Empty Re: Danse Macabre 2: Crimson Cabaret

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:06 am

Just a heads-up that the game's name has been changed from

Danse Macabre: Moulin Rouge to Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret.

DD from the Diving Bell (also a member here) figures it was a trademark issue.

From Big Fish staff:
    You may note that the games have been renamed, but do know that they have the same content as the previous version.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat May 05, 2018 4:28 am

Great Leap Forward

IN BRIEF
    (based on full game)

Well I enjoyed the first Danse Macabre enough to give it 5 stars, so I am out of stars to express just how much I enjoyed this second game. It took it to a whole new level.

The things I liked best about it include:

The HOPs were not only varied in their design, they were also quite challenging. And not in the way that some games ‘cheat’, with shading and size distortions These ones are just well drawn into the scene. 

Love having morphing objects in the HOPs, but I always forget to look for them. I also like the alternative offered, a beautiful match 3 game.

The puzzles varied – nicely for me. I am never going to get the “solve all puzzles” achievement, but I could at least do most of them. And I love that, where I skipped and one solution only was possible, it was shown as if I had completed it, giving me a better idea of the way to go for the next time – and there will be a next time.

The way you get about in the map is by carriage, a very Cadenza-like feel. At casual level, it offers as much of a hint as ‘hint’.

The story managed to hold me right to the finish of the main game in one sitting, and concluded satisfactorily. The bonus chapter was simple and of a lighter weight, but fun all the same.

I love the extras content of this (or any Eipix) series. As well as being able to replay the HOPs from the game, there are bonus ones! And, of course, the puzzles and the match 3 game too.  My favourites are the famous Souvenir Room, the chance to catch those little windmills you missed, and the wallpapers. And the fun Making Of. ????

But there is heaps more. Well worth the extra cost.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat May 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Awesome, Justie!  Thanks for the review! Sunny  Remember that if you find that a game you want to review that doesn't have a topic, either message me and I'll add it, or create the thread yourself, and I'll come in and add the specifics later.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun May 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Thanks Genki! Will do. Big smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 am