Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+16
Critteranne
jboliver1999
jessmom01
tesamoine
pippi
Butterflyshrimp
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
BloomingLilac
orphaned
luvtoread
kac
djrum
Esme
genkicoll
marianne
20 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

djrum
    djrum

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by djrum Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:51 am

Hiya, Genki! Big smile

Waiting for my GC to show up is worse than waiting for a pot of water to boil.

Hopefully, we'll get home before it gets too late. I think BF's time is 3 hours behind us, so I have until 3 in the morning (my time).
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 pm

djrum wrote:The one game I've been hooked on for the past 3, 4, 5 or more days is Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles (the first one). I don't know what it is, I start playing and like 2 or 3 hours later, I hadn't realized that much time has passed.
    Hi dj! Ooh I have that game and never played it beyond the demo. I know what I'm d'loading next!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:20 pm

GC finally showed up, got my 2 games and everything's all good now! Elk grin

RMom, I got Arizona Rose 1 when it first came out, played for a bit and then forgot about it. I'm guessing, at that time, I wasn't in the mood to fully concentrate on what I was doing with only having limited experience playing a Picross game before.
    Well, after demo'ing the second game, I went back to the first game and I was able to comprehend this type of game.
    I really have to pay attention to which lines are the easiest to get rid of first and then work my way around the board to see my next available move. Sometimes, it takes me awhile to spot one.
    And I have to rely heavily on my counting abilities and not rush a move. Laugh
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:49 am

Yay for getting your GC!

I'm enjoying Arizona Rose too, I like these games but they can get tedious (not to mention really hard!) but this one is pleasanter than most, plus you get nice little aids to help you along. Smile
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 am

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more games with kings, queens, and stuff like that. But I demo'd the TGT (Dark Realm) and had to have it.
    I knew it would more than likely be a buy as the dev is Mad Head Games.
    I didn't demo for long because I wanted to use the sale code from yesterday and it still worked!

I had started playing Chronicles of Witches and Warlocks (title?). There were some misnamed objects in the HO scenes and the game didn't really flow well. My hint button quit working a little over halfway through, so I quit playing and deleted it.

I can't believe it's October already! Fun with leafs

ETA: I don't like leaves because they're a PITA to rake up and bag, but that emoticon is so cute!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:14 am

I love leaves, and never want to gather them all up, they look so good right under tree! Hardly any deciduous trees here, remember, and that is one of the reasons why - all those leaves on the barren ground spread the bush fires onwards. hydrated
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:21 pm

dj---your posts were apparently typed in invisible type   Oops! (you know---the technical version
    of invisible ink).

WARNING   about ARIZONA  ROSE:    I got to IRAN   and the grid is TEENY-TINY.    Sherlock
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Lol, luvtoread! I noticed it this morning. I don't know what happened. OH! My posts were there and then they just disappeared. alien1
    I'm glad it's not my computer acting wonky. Laugh

I went ahead and got Arizona Rose 2. I'm still playing Pirates' Riddles and I know exactly what you're talking about. Very TEENY-TINY grids as you get further along in the 20x20 section. I think I'm on the last bunch now. Might have to use my magnifier along with my glasses.

I got a beta for Dangerous Games: The Illusionist and I have to say, I enjoyed it very much!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33 am

Those small grids are very annoying, particularly until I get my new glasses!  Snicker

Now, I know I can be a little bit of a slow learner at times, but this really takes the cake. 

How long now have I been playing Dragon Cave and F2Ps, putting up with the manipulating and blatant attempts to make me gamble - yup! There are gambling games such as dice and the fortune wheel in there. Well, that's been really silly!

Remember all those extras we asked for for CE? The groovy souvenir rooms, and replayable HOPs. The alternative gameplay offered as another stand alone game? Are you making use of it? I certainly wasn't, but now I have seen the light! 

They don't take too much concentration, you can pick them up and put them down again whenever without losing the "story". Excellent! Elephant and Eipix have done some brilliant ones!

Oh dear! But you have to finish the game at least once to get access....  faceplant
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:44 am

Ladies, I think I have a problem. I think I'm going crazy! Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 Crazy  I went to play what seems to be the new Mystery Trackers game... Blackrow's Secret... And I would swear I haven't played it, but I think I've played it. I purchased it on Aug. 29, but I would have been back to work by then and I don't think I've played a full game in that time period. BUT I swear this game looks familiar. 

The only thing I can think of is that maybe I played a beta? Was there a beta of this game? I don't think MT games usually beta. Or do they? I. just. don't. know!

Granted, I am most certainly crazy for other reasons, but this is bugging me. Do any of you remember it being a beta? Dunno

Thanks,
    Es
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:58 am

Yes, it was a beta, Esme! It's somewhere in my Beta thread - I didn't get to it myself. 

So at least that much of your mind has survived this working concept... did you say work?  Huh?

That's right, you teach, don't you?

Well, obviously that explains where the rest of your mind was lost.
     So sad.   :sigh:Such a waste...

You have my deepest sympathies.  Half Flower
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:03 am

Thanks, Justie! I looked in your beta thread but didn't see me posting about this game or really anything about this game, but I might  have missed it. 

Yes, I teach. It cuts into my gaming time, let me tell ya! LOL Good thing I love it.  Big smile

Thanks for the sympathy and for saving what little is left of my sanity.  Thank You
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: Arizona Rose, I forget where I'm supposed to be but we're now moving into some 20x25 grids. The grids can be small but I have a desktop with a big monitor so it's been okay so far...

ETA - Hmm, maybe I'm playing a different version? I've got the first game, with the pirates. I don't think we're anywhere near Iran.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Okay, I think that must have been the case since I have now reached a point that is not familiar to me. Whew! 

I was truly afraid the cheese was slipping off my cracker, ya know? 

So far it's an interesting game, and I even jumped a bit at one spot. Not a lot, but a little jump. Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 Str
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

RenaissanceMom wrote:Re: Arizona Rose, I forget where I'm supposed to be but we're now moving into some 20x25 grids. The grids can be small but I have a desktop with a big monitor so it's been okay so far...

ETA - Hmm, maybe I'm playing a different version? I've got the first game, with the pirates. I don't think we're anywhere near Iran.

I am playing the second one   AR and the Pharoah's Riddle.

So,   I have been playing Danse Macbre:   Moulin Rouge.    I really am enjoying it,  but as for our
    intrepid investigator,   I have Hercule Poirot's   "Mon Dieu!"  going through my head.
    He would never believe every little thing told him.   nono   Right from the beginning there is a problem
    with the "best friend"   yet our detective's "little grey cells"  doesn't seem to catch on to that
    fact later.
    Its nice to have games that I can really dive into and enjoy.  I was worried for awhile about
    my lack of interest in what was coming out.   Things seem to be improving.

I finished up the last Grim Legends and am looking at 2 for the 2 for 1 sale.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:36 pm

I love Poirot and his "little grey cells" and yes, most of our detectives barely have on grey cell to work with.  Yeah right

I just finished the main game of Blackrow's Secret... is the secret the fact that it's the shortest game ever from EG? Whoa!  OH!
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:32 pm

I do not remember how long it took me to play Blackrow's Secret.   How long did it take you?

I actually played the Bonus for Danse Macbre: Moulin Rouge.   The very ending made no
    sense to me,  but I think the French Police Officer was trying to save face.
    He claimed

mild spoiler for those who have not played yet, though I am not giving away much:

I bought    Grim Something:  The Artist and the Pretender and Dark Realms:  Queen
    of Flames.      Isn't that contradictory?   How can the Realms be Dark if she is
    Flamethrowing?   Hmm...
    Oh well...at least I have more games to play.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm playing Danse Macabre: Moulin Rouge, also!! I think the HO scenes are a bit difficult. I had to use the hint once and I wasn't too happy about it either. meh

luvtoread, you've got me all mixed up on my Grim games, lol!! I had to check and see which Grim game I bought. Laugh
    I knew I just bought one, but I couldn't remember which one. It was Grim Legends 2.

I got the SE of MT: Blackrow's Secret. I wasn't thrilled with using whatever gadget to spot things. I think that was the only reason I didn't get the CE.
    I'm tired of using gadgets and I'm sick of mixing potions. Yawn
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:14 am

dj---whenever I couldn't find a HO--I just switched to Match 3.   Some of those were
    near impossible to find.

I found all but 1 Windmill.   It happens every time.   How on earth I always manage
    to miss 1 when the first thing I do is look for a collectable is beyond me.
    I think I got all the Morphing Objects in the HO's.

After you play the Bonus,   can you explain to me the conundrum I mentioned in
    my spoiler?   Maybe you can make more sense of it. 

If you do not like being Inspector Gadget,  you might not like the future Final Cut
    game.   I received a beta for that and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
    But there is a "spot the difference" gadget that you slide back and forth.
    On the plus side---no potions!

Well,   time to get ready to go to work.

Talk to everyone later.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:30 am

There's another Final Cut! Bloody hell, when will developers learn that sometimes its good to quit while you're ahead!? Dunno
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 am

I'm not sure I've found all my windmills either. Yep, a collectible is the first thing I look for, too. If I don't, I'll forget about it.
    I don't know if there was a windmill in every scene because I couldn't find a windmill in every scene. So, I may've I've overlooked some. Rolling Eyes

Oh man, we have to use a gadget in the next Final Cut? Geesh, as a huge fan of Eipix's games, I'd rather NOT play Inspector Gadget. 
    I have to agree with Justie on "quitting while you're ahead."

Of course, I will demo when it releases. Elk grin

I think I'm almost finished with the main game in Danse Macabre 2. I keep getting sidetracked by that damn Arizona Rose and her pirates. Laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 33 10635976_746158205450523_4323463529734122156_n
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:22 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:There's another Final Cut! Bloody hell, when will developers learn that sometimes its good to quit while you're ahead!? Dunno

Never.  Rolling Eyes
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:25 pm

djrum wrote:
    I got the SE of MT: Blackrow's Secret. I wasn't thrilled with using whatever gadget to spot things. I think that was the only reason I didn't get the CE.
    I'm tired of using gadgets and I'm sick of mixing potions. Yawn

There was only one HO where you had to use a magnifying glass if I remember correctly. It was a decent game but it just felt super short to me.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Esme wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:There's another Final Cut! Bloody hell, when will developers learn that sometimes its good to quit while you're ahead!? Dunno

Never.  Rolling Eyes

I hope to all the gaming gods that there is never another Haunted Halls and that Dr. Octonut
    who you keep having to save your dimwit bf/fiance/husband from.  (I refused to save him in the last
    game).
    How many more Puppet-whatevers are they going to keep putting out?  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:21 am