Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids Empty Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:29 am

Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

Series links: Romancing the Seven Wonders 1: Taj Mahal, Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids Romancing-the-seven-wonders-great-pyramid_feature

Before the Old Kingdom, in the fourth year of the reign of
    King Amenhotep IV, Queen Nefertiti enjoyed unprecedented power, equal
    only to the Pharaoh himself. However, in the fourteenth year of the
    King’s reign, all record of Queen Nefertiti vanished … until now.
    Brianna Hastings has been trapped in an ancient tomb, and only her
    sister can save her in Romancing the Seven Wonders Great Pyramid, a
    Hidden Object game.

• Beautiful graphics
    • Numerous puzzles
    • Stop Queen Nefertiti!

Click images to enlarge
    Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids Th_screen1 Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids Th_screen2 Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids Th_screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids Empty Re: Romancing the Seven Wonders 2: Great Pyramids

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:43 pm

Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

This is an IHOG, with about equal measures of hidden object and wandering/adventure scenes.

The movement is confusing. I got lost a couple of times, simply because in at least one scene, having the right --> arrow cursor at the top of the screen will take you somewhere different than the right --> arrow cursor at the bottom of the screen. Same with going to the left. There's nothing in the background picture that would imply that you'd go to different places, the only difference was the the arrow was slightly smaller on the upper portion of the screen... not noticeably so unless you're paying attention. Going back the way you came is always an arrow pointing down, which makes it even more confusing to me.

For hints, there are none, except on the hidden object scenes, and they take a long time to refill. As for misclicks, three strikes in a row and you're out - minus 10 points on your score. It doesn't matter if you wait between clicks, it doesn't reset based on time.

There was nothing really special about the graphics, I did not find them hard to deal with, nor did I find them fantastic - just so-so. Same with the hidden object scenes, they're OK - neither bad nor great.

Despite the above, I would actually buy this game were it not for the issues with the movement arrows. Simply changing the upper left & right arrows to a diagonal arrow would be enough of a change that I would want to own it. As it stands now, it's a no-buy for me.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:19 pm