Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

The Void

genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Void Empty The Void

Post by genkicoll Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 pm

The Void
    by Ice-pick Lodge - December, 2009

Available at:
    Desura
    GamersGate
    Steam

The Void Header_292x136

When one gives up living and using his soul, he can’t only lose the soul but can also devote it to death…

Before souls completely die they stick in The Void – an odd space between life and death. There is an outside chance to survive in The Void and even to come back from it. This chance is The Color – the only food of a dying soul wandering through the mournful realms of The Void, governed by monstrous Brothers and malicious Sisters, who are desperately struggling for the last drops of it. The Color is not only the sense of life of these mysterious creatures but also gives power and vital force to the whole Void. The Color gives you power to do almost everything even to get out of death clutches if you gain enough Color, but there is a great lack of it in the arid deserts of The Void. There is Color only for one.

Be the one, get your lost soul back!

• The Color is the only resource in the game: it acts as the health,
      inventory, skills and perks system, armory.
    • All in-game actions are realized through drawing. You literally
      need to draw your way with your own blood.
    • Each Color can cause both harm and good. A player gets various
      advantages from getting any of The Colors, but when he draws
      with it he feeds the enemy forces of the world.
    • Fight with golems, bloodthirsty predators and other spawns
      of The Void.

The Void Ss_fa1102190cd4b5ab16d2054b5a0439f90bb1c485.600x338
    The Void Ss_9451c57cab2976bcdfcc2ea74e5f13d49347d7ed.600x338
    The Void Ss_ec5607cc49d2eeebccd0045413d47d5d47583aa0.600x338

The Void O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

The Void Empty Re: The Void

Post by genkicoll Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:48 pm

OK, so I have Win 7, which isn't mentioned at Steam.  What I got when I tried to load the game was in effect, Play The Void or Launch Configuration Utility to choose from.  I went with Configure, which basically just game me some pre-game launch options such as Resolution and audio quality, after which I launched the game.

And...

No troubles whatsoever Sunny  It's a full 360 game, so I slowed down the mouse sensitivity (in the game options,) but it's working for me great!

The Void O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:36 am

I'm Windows 7 and got the same choice, I didn't choose the config, just went straight to play, and it was downloading happily when I realised how large the file was and stopped.

I never think to check the system requirements, because my pcs and software are always almost new - but now I have to worry that they're too new! Hard to get my mind around.

luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 pm

Ok,  you both convinced me.    I bought it.  For .99,   why not?   I may even play it someday Snicker
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:49 pm

I played for about half an hour today.  It's very interesting.  I wouldn't have been able to do ANYTHING in the game if I hadn't played Doorways, first.

W - A - S - D movement and space bar to jump, but we also have unusual controls, such has holding down the left ctrl button to bring up the color palette, right-clicking to pick things up (I had no idea what it wanted when it said RMB, but I finally figured out "Right Mouse Button" Silly face  )

I doubt I'll be able to play any more until after the move in a couple of months -- it takes more brain power than I can spare right now! Belly laugh

The Void O9fj

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 am