Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 am

I've tried to stay loyal - they were the reason I made the switch from Game House to Big Fish. Well. Dupin was the reason, more to the point!  Snicker Ever the sucker for the intellectual blokes  Snicker 

But lately they have been trying even my patience. They somehow can't seem to make the switch to content-laden extras. They keep trying for the something-new in the CE items, but never quite get it. They've had, to me, failure after failure to 'connect' . I might even do myself a rant for the Grim Facade one myself - bloody bull fighting bull!  Gah! 
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon May 26, 2014 11:56 am

RenaissanceMom wrote:I remember your rants too, Esme, because I was always in agreement.  Snicker 
    Just bought Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall. I've heard it's not one of their best, but I'm positive it still beats ERS.  Wink

For my money, Pong beats ERS lately.  Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon May 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Bulls and Rabbits and Cherubs----OH MY!!    Belly laugh 

I also am playing Haunted Mansion.   I really am enjoying it.....but I admit to laughing out loud
    when the main character's wife asks for my help in finding her something-or-the-other.
    Something about the voice over just didn't sound like she was in peril.
    Of Course.....she's suppose to be already dead, so....maybe that is what I sound like when
    I cannot find my glasses or keys!   Snicker   Nope.....I sound more desperate....or frustrated   Gah! 

Something in the storyline I have yet to figure out...(I know,   shocker,  right? 
    Especially since the last Grim Tales we cannot figure out why James gave up his
    inheritance that he didn't have to begin with).
    Anyhoo.....what is the purpose of capturing these women?
    Sending them into a picture.....then what?
    They just languish there,  until I come along and do an oops.....cause I didn't get
    advice early on.     (Black Bar on top agreed with me!)
    So he can live forever?   Without his beloved family?
    At least I have my morphing objects.

I am sure I will receive enlightment at some point.     Huh?     Or not?

Last edited by luvtoread on Mon May 26, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 26, 2014 12:56 pm

My guess, from the demo, was that death needed their souls/energy/whatever to get something she wanted - perfect skin, for example  Big smile  and she would give him his loved ones if he kept her supplied!  EEK! 
    RenaissanceMom
    RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom Mon May 26, 2014 1:34 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:I got it too RMom (btw, glad to see you! seems forever!  Hug ) - the video tickled my fancy, the ghost's name is Charlotte, and that's me. I've been meaning to try one for as long as I knew they existed (ND games). Figured if I was gonna buy a game untried, may as well have an 'omen'  Big smile 
    Aw, hugs back at you my friend!  Hug  
    Too much RL getting in the way, but my job ends June 18th for the summer and I am SO looking forward to that!!

I haven't been keeping up with game releases, but was surprised and happy to catch sight of ol' Nancy and I'm really glad you got it too!  Happy bounce
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon May 26, 2014 1:41 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:My guess, from the demo, was that death needed their souls/energy/whatever to get something she wanted - perfect skin, for example  Big smile  and she would give him his loved ones if he kept her supplied!  EEK! 

I saw her----whatever she wanted,  she was not getting.   Bony hands and arms.
     She should just try eating more. Laugh
    Well,   at least I am liking the game.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon May 26, 2014 1:42 pm

I'm looking forward to it - the minute I have an abatement in my current dragon-snatching obsession over on the other thread.  Belly laugh 
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon May 26, 2014 5:53 pm

You know all those gates we have to open in our games?  Never an ordinary gate--with never
    ordinary keys.
    Anyway,  on FB  my daughter shared this link from a forger in the UK

http://www.paulgilbert-blacksmith.co.uk/galleries/gates/wrought-iron_gates1devon.html

Some cool looking gates.  Really reminded me of our games.

Check out the Dragon Candlesticks Dragon Attitude
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Mon May 26, 2014 8:14 pm

lol, luvtoread! Don't forget doors, too!

Of course, I remember your ERS rants, Esme! I was still infatuated with ERS at the time. I still like some of their games, but won't hardly shell out the money for a CE, unless it's something I really like.

I'm playing Clueless Clan 5 or 6 or 7 & I'm noticing not very many locations yet, although there's tons of things to do.

I demo'd the new Haunted Manor & didn't want it enough to pick out another CE in the BOGO sale. I feel like when I force myself to buy something, I generally end up not liking it.
    Oh, and I have to watch my punches, too.

I'm on my way over to BF to get Hope Lake or Lake Hope or whatever it's called. I call it, "It better work on my computer!!"
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:My guess, from the demo, was that death needed their souls/energy/whatever to get something she wanted - perfect skin, for example  Big smile  and she would give him his loved ones if he kept her supplied!  EEK! 

See, my guess is she is just a bitch.  Whistle 

I'm glad you and Rmom remember DJ. Those were some of my more inspired moments! LOL

I'm still trying to work up the energy to give a flying fig leaf about HM3. Needless to say, it's not going well.  Loopy
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue May 27, 2014 5:05 pm

UGH!

Playing this game feels like a chore! Somebody give me permission to quit and try something else so I don't feel guilty! (Man, was my mother thorough in her guilt training!)

faceplant
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Wed May 28, 2014 2:52 pm

esme---You have my permission to play no more HM.    I really like it,  so I will finish
    playing for you   (think of it like feeding your dog under the table the food you don't
    like)   Snicker 

Amnesia:  A Machine for Pigs is finally on sale at Steam.   I've had it on my wishlist
    for what seems like forever.     I loved the first Amnesia.    Looking forward to when I
    get some time off,  I can shut off the lights and play in the dark.   Shock
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Wed May 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Thanks, luvto! I abandoned it for now and started Hope Lake.

"My car broke down" is killing me! LOLOLOL  Belly laugh 

I'm nor finding it to be a very intuitive game, but at least it was a nicely creepy intro. I am hopeful so far.  Okay
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 pm

lol, Esme! Oh, by all means, if you don't like it...quit!

Seriously, luvtoread? You are gonna play Amnesia 2 in the dark, purposely? When I looked at the vid on YT the sounds were sickening.  barf 
    I don't think I could play it in broad daylight with the sun shining, birds chirping, dogs barking, cats meowing...you know what I mean!

Since I had some problems with Sacra Terra: Angelic Nights on my computer (it was whining, "Please don't make me run this game, it hurts!"), I found the game & am playing it on my Kindle. I used my free coins, so I didn't have to pay anything!
    Wow, super D&E game!!
    The only problem is...I need a magnifying glass to see the HO scenes! Really, I am using a magnifying glass along with my regular glasses.
    What a PITA!  Rolling Eyes
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm so glad that you're able to play Sacra Terra -- I LOVE that game! Heart 

I got some I-hope-good-news on the house today -- they've accepted my tentative (verbal) offer, but I have to make sure the bank is going to be OK with it... and that everything goes smoothly so that we can have a place to live!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 39 O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Wed May 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Keeping everything crossed for you genki!  Elk grin 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Wed May 28, 2014 7:32 pm

Genki, I hope everything goes well for you!  Happy bounce
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Thu May 29, 2014 3:40 pm

OH! Good luck, Genki! It will be such a relief for you when it's all decided, I'm sure. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

Also... I just love it when games tell me stuff like I can't break a window with a wrench... and make me use a piece of flint instead. Um... they have no idea the things I can do when properly motivated! LOL
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Thu May 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Genki---really hope things go right for you.   My daughter is watching one of those
     Income Property buying shows,  and this poor couple's house is turning into
    a nightmare.    Tantrum 

Not sure why I am mentioning it,    you will be ok.     I promise.

I received a beta for   Nevertales:  Shattered   Image.

So, off to play.
    kac

Post by kac Thu May 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Good luck with the house Genki.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu May 29, 2014 6:34 pm

I spotted some dry rot in the bathroom (by the tub,) so they've already started making repairs.  It would have been caught by the inspector, anyway, but we get a head start on it this way~!

EDIT:  I'm not going to keep boring y'all with home stuff -- I'll let you know when we have a place and leave it at that! Laugh

kac

Post by kac Thu May 29, 2014 6:59 pm

It is not boring me.  Besides I don't even know what dry rot would look like, so perhaps I can learn a thing or two.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

lol~  All right Big smile  When you look at a place to live, you want to be sure and press areas of the floor HARD with your shoe.  I don't mean stomping, just putting your foot in questionable areas, and pressing hard.  If you feel any give, there is probably dry rot.

The people who were renting the place removed the sliding doors that were on the tub and just put up a curtain.  Water dripped down the side of the tub and got in to the flooring through a crack in the caulking, causing the floor to start rotting in that area.  We don't know how extensive the damage is, bt the owner has agreed that they will fix it... Of course, it would have been required by the bank, anyway Wink  They won't finance a home that is not structurally sound or non-liveable.

djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 pm

That info is good to know, Genki!

I just finished a beta for Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness. It was okay, nothing to write home about. I'm all fairytale-with-a-villain out. I'd like to see a good old-fashioned D&E game!

Okay, I've got a bone to pick with Orneon. I'm playing Fatal Passion: Art Prison. Why does it not play in widescreen?????
    Orneon, I have all of your Agency of Anomalies, Echoes of the Past & Secrets of the Dark games. Now, I don't know if your earlier games play widescreen (can't remember), but I know your later games do.
    So, WTH??? Fatal Passion is not an old game. I don't understand, technology moves forward not backward.
    Even though I am bitching, it is a decent game!!!

I also demo'd the new Haunted Hotel & am not impressed. C'mon, Elephant Games, WTH??? Y'all can do much better than that!

Luckily, I'm still stocked up on CEs & SEs, otherwise, I'd be freakin' out with no good games being released lately.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu May 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Is very frustrating isn't it? You KNOW these guys can do better - they have done better! What's the matter? Cut back on their quality control people? BIG mistake!

And I have all these lovely little coupon codes for cheap CEs and for once, there's nothing I am crying about not being able to afford the CE version!

Awakenings is due on the weekend, and frankly, while at least the quality is their usual standard, I am so totally over this series! Save the parents already! Jeez!!!  barf 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am