Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+19
vervaine
kac
pippi
lackoo
heleanthia
Butterflyshrimp
sunshinej
Fairjuno
tesamoine
Sportygal2009
Frodo
jeanniemouse
jessmom01
genkicoll
RenaissanceMom
djrum
luvtoread
Esme
JustTheFacts
23 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:27 pm

YOu can almost smell his breath, can't you?  backaway 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:36 pm

LMAO, JustTheFacts!!!  Belly laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:21 pm

OMG that laugh is awful!  And I so agree about the breath... I actually lean away from my monitor when he leans in for a close up!  Belly laugh And I don't have 3D or smellovision!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:25 pm

I did too! Could feel myself cringing lol. All those games that try to freak us out with zombies and skeletons and other vile crap, and it's a perfectly ordinary bum who makes our skin crawl!!  OH! 

Wonder what that says about us?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Here's my Esme Mini Rant for this game so far:

Why, if I have a hammer and chisel, AND a paint scraper, would I ever decide the best tool to use to peel off the wet, slimy spot on the drywall is a CROSSBOW???   Overreaction
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:18 pm

RenaissanceMom wrote:
    JustTheFacts wrote:A didgeridoo is an Aboriginal traditional musical instrument. It is a long thin hollowed out tube of wood, which makes a deep humming sound when blown into. Quite a skill to play it, all the variations in sound are actually made by the player.
    It creates one of the most amazing sounds! DH is a musician who, unfortunately, does *not* play this instrument but is very interested in music from many cultures. Over the years he's introduced me to many instruments and sounds.

I had to go to You Tube and check out this instrument.    Wow!   There is one video
    that is 10 hours long of someone  (not sure if its just one person or more) playing a Didgeridoo!!

esme---I have missed your rants.   Belly laugh    I remember needing a screwdriver.    There a lot of them.
     But, no,
     you have to sort through HO,   to unscrew a vent--to get a hammer,  which there was one in the
    HO you just did.    Rolling Eyes 
    Oh---don't kill gas mask guy   OH!

Do you have the CE of this game?    The Bonus is not necessary,  but I thought it
    was good and glad I bought it.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Esme wrote:Here's my Esme Mini Rant for this game so far:

Why, if I have a hammer and chisel, AND a paint scraper, would I ever decide the best tool to use to peel off the wet, slimy spot on the drywall is a CROSSBOW???   Overreaction

Ack, I know!  I HAAAATE having to do tasks that make no logical sense whatsoever.  The perfect shot with the basketball to have it do exactly what you need it to do?  Yeah right! Yeah right  Really bugs me, and the physics of the task is really questionable, too!

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 8 O9fj
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:35 pm

genkicoll wrote:
    Esme wrote:Here's my Esme Mini Rant for this game so far:

Ack, I know!  I HAAAATE having to do tasks that make no logical sense whatsoever.  The perfect shot with the basketball to have it do exactly what you need it to do?  Yeah right! Yeah right  Really bugs me, and the physics of the task is really questionable, too!
    OMG the flaming basketball of death??? That cracked me up too. I figured I should join the NBA rather than being a nosy doctor-detective. Those were some mad bball skillz, yo! Rolling Eyes
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:46 pm

luvtoread wrote:
    esme---I have missed your rants.   Belly laugh    I remember needing a screwdriver.    There a lot of them.
     But, no,
     you have to sort through HO,   to unscrew a vent--to get a hammer,  which there was one in the
    HO you just did.    Rolling Eyes 
    Oh---don't kill gas mask guy   OH!

Do you have the CE of this game?    The Bonus is not necessary,  but I thought it
    was good and glad I bought it.

I can't kill him?  meh Oh, okay. Fine. Psh. Whatevs. LOL  Can I just get a little stabby on him then?  Silly face  Snicker 

The screwdriver thing??? That is a pet peeve of mine!  Go through an entire HO scene (which I don't usually enjoy much) to find the tool to help me get another tool that will help me get to the tool I need which was actually just in the hogpile I dug through. Or things like needing a letter opener to open an envelope? In 45 years I have never needed a letter opener to open an envelope I was properly motivated to get into. I may be a wuss, but even I can tear paper. *imagine me flexing like Aahnold here*

Oh, and Justie? I probably don't want to know what that says about us and our psyches!  La la la!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:41 pm

Too funny, Esme!!!!! You need to warn me ahead of time, so I don't choke on my pop!!!!!  Snicker 

Why, oh why, do we leave behind the tools we need?  Wink 

Why do I need a rake for a dinky pile of leaves?  Hmm... 

Why do I need a spade to dig in the dirt when I can see the object? (I'm not opposed to getting dirt under my nails rather than backtracking all over tarnation)  Whistle 

Why don't I just carry a lockpick? Silly face 

These and many other questions will never be answered in the gaming world.  Huh?
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 am

LOL Sorry DJ. I should put snark warnings at the top of my posts when I'm being snarky. Though admittedly for me, that's probably every post I make.  Mouse pbbt
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 am

Here's another pet peeve:

How many boats/canoes am I going to have to patch together in my HOG career (usually with tree sap)? Is there never, ever a boat that remains intact in these games? 

Here's an annoyance from this game:

Who the hell leaves dynamite just laying around a school? I work in a school. Dynamite is scarce, and sort of, you know, dangerous to have around children...Poke with a stick
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 am

[quote="Esme"]
    luvtoread wrote:

I can't kill him?  meh Oh, okay. Fine. Psh. Whatevs. LOL  Can I just get a little stabby on him then?  Silly face  Snicker 

Oh, and Justie? I probably don't want to know what that says about us and our psyches!  La la la!

Belly laugh Oh esme, "get a little stabby on him" Brilliant! You sound like you'd be dangerous to have around children! Hope you'll let me use that some time!

But it also brings up a pet peeve of mine that I've been mulling over... the body count! I mean, how many corpses of bad guys do we come across? Right, none! They all gone walkabout?  walk-rawr  walkingdead  hoodedwraith  Frankie-walk Why don't we get to knock off the bad guys and/or minions? They leave a lot of innocent victims around for us to find!

That's one reason I like the Exorcist games. Not only is it a rare treat to have the actual traditional experts around, but they at least get to express satisfaction when they do away with  a demonic presence! What's in it for us in most games? Well, yeah, ok, so we get out alive, sure, but usually the bad fools do themselves in, or live to fight another day.(can you say 'sequel'?)

I wanna kill some minions!!!!

So we're back to "what does that say about us?", well, me really! lol
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Holy crap!  7th Guest AND 11th Hour for less than $4! EEK!  Wowsa! 
    http://www.gog.com/promo/gem_promo7th_guest_11th_hour_270114

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Bought em! Okay, so I don't know anything about them. But I've heard good comments along the way somewhere (probably here), and couldn't resist!

(Wish gog.com had a punchcard program! Am starting to clock them up here!)
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:53 pm

Yeah... my library is getting pretty stocked up, too!  I don't have these, but am considering...

Who's played them?  I'm sure they're worth two bucks each, but the question is, "Will I ever play them?"

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Feel free to steal it, Justie. I did! Big smile 

It's a Bloggess term. If you don't know her, she's hilarious. She's got a blog www.thebloggess.com and she's on twitter too. Love her!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Belly laugh Belly laugh Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh  Belly laugh 
    So Funny!

Went to check out The Blogess. First thing I see there is:"Pick up the nearest book to you and turn to page 45. The first sentence explains your love life."

So okay, I'm game, but the nearest book to me is a crossword magazine, all black squares surrounded by empty spaces. This describes my love life, maybe.  Rolling Eyes 

So I reach for the Dean Koontz book, 77 Shadow Street, which I am reading in the 5 minutes a day I'm not playing or reviewing games, and it says:

"(he) said he must build there to benefit from the spiritual energy of that hallowed ground."

So that's it! The bloody sods have been sucking up my spiritual energy by plowing up my hallowed ground, huh? Is that what they call it these days? I just thought they were sucking me dry! (Financially speaking, get your mind out of the gutter!) pfft
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

I hope this is okay with Genki... 

I'm going to post a link to the post of The Bloggess's that made me love her. She's a bit sweary and sassy and absolutely wonderful!  

http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

Hope you like it, Justie!  Happy bounce
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Perfectly OK!  As a matter of fact, I recommend posting that in the Favorite Websites section so that we can easily find it again~! Sunny

Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:44 pm

BTW.... Plowing your hallowed ground?   Snicker
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Yes, well, first of all - ploughing - where are my spelling skills?

It's an old phrase - ploughing her furrow, or something like that - which means, well, you can figure that out - and I was sorta making an oblique reference to it.

Forgive me, it is after dawn here and again I am not in bed! Although, admittedly, I didn't wake up until midnight after yesterday's marathon.

If I didn't have a computer to tell me, I wouldn't be entirely sure of what day it is!
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Oh, I know what it means. I was just teasing you a little bit.  Big smile 

Sometimes my sense of humor doesn't translate well over the internet. Sorry!
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Know how that feels! lol, which is why I thought maybe I needed to translate! Laugh 

I can't understand what's happened to my spelling lately. It seems like my hands spell they're own way. In my head I'm spelling it the way I've always known it was spelled, but if I look up, the damn words may be the same words (or not) and spelled differently.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 am

Plow is a perfectly acceptable, and probably more prominent, spelling here in the US. No worries there!

I'm bummed. I decided to try the Blood Ruby game, but once I got it downloaded, I realized it's the graphic style I dislike the most, so... not going to happen. 

Now I don't know what to play.  Cry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm