Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Heroes of Solitairea

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Heroes of Solitairea Empty Heroes of Solitairea

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:18 am

Heroes of Solitairea
    by Running Pillow - November, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Heroes of Solitairea Fea_wide_2

In a time when chaos and dark magic plagued a once peaceful kingdom, the last hope, a secret weapon, was found. An evil sorceress has the kingdom in her thrall and there's only one hero that can save it. Take on the role of Alice, accompanied by her trusty dragon and head for a journey across Solitairea. You and your dragon must rise up and save the Kingdom from evil witch!

Features:

• Stunning graphics
    • Rise up and save the kingdom
    • Beautiful soundtrack
    • Adorably rendered characters that you can equip

Click images to enlarge
    Heroes of Solitairea Th_screen1_Heroes of Solitairea Th_screen2_Heroes of Solitairea Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Heroes of Solitairea Empty Re: Heroes of Solitairea

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 am

Sweet Solitaire Game With Dragon Offsider

Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    This is a very nice little Solitaire game, opening with a very good voice, over a semi-animated story board.  Though it is clearly not going to be an extravaganza, there is something about the game that is immediately endearing.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    Graphics are very well done, simple but good quality. The backgrounds for each level are fantasy realistic, by which I mean the scenes look real, just not necessarily of our world. I am particularly fond of the music. It is varied and unusual enough to be interesting. The narrator’s is the only voice.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    You find a strange box in the stream, and totally unaware that it is a secret weapon to be used against the evil witch who is harassing the kingdom, you open it. Inside is a beautiful dragon egg. The adventure follows you as you travel the kingdom, and care for your dragon. The nice thing about this game is the solitaire games do have a purpose in a story and you do take specific actions to move forward.

MAKING PROGRESS
    This is a strictly standard solitaire game in all ways, with the exception of the dragon and the shop. (For those of you considering solitaire for the first time, there is a very easy and helpful tutorial at the beginning which covers the rules.) In each stage of each level (10 stages per level, 20 levels in all) you earn experience points as well as gold by ending the stage with no more than 5 cards left. 5 cards will earn you a skull, and 5 skulls will mean you cannot progress to the next level.

The experience points you earn can be used in conjunction with gold to buy powerups in the shop.  As the dragon grows and increases levels, it is able to learn new skills to help you in battle (e.g. Cold Claw spell, which freezes and destroys 1-3 random cards). You can also buy armour for yourself to increase your effectiveness (e.g. a special belt that gives an additional 10% experience points).

FINAL VERDICT
    There is nothing outstanding about this game, but it is certainly a nice one. If you are feeling low on solitaire games, you won’t go wrong with this one, but it is not a 'must have' in my books.

I Recommend This Game!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 am