Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Paranormal State: Poison Spring

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Paranormal State: Poison Spring Empty Paranormal State: Poison Spring

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 am

Paranormal State: Poison Spring
    by Teyon/Legacy Games - Oct. 2013

Available at:
    Big Fish as Standard Edition only
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition / Standard Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition

Paranormal State: Poison Spring Paranormal-state-poison-spring_feature

From Legacy Games' page:
    "The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" Edgar Allan Poe

Iris Ramirez has called the team of supernatural investigators from A&E's hit TV show, Paranormal State in a panic! Her job and life are being threatened by dark spirits who have taken over Poison Spring Park, a Civil War battleground and museum.

Join the team of ghost-hunters and try to exorcise the ghosts before it's too late. Thrills abound as you race to solve a series of terrifying puzzles, investigate chilling hidden object scenes, and put together the pieces of who - or what - is behind it all! Only you can save Iris from the darkness falling upon the Park!

• Solve spooky puzzles and save Poison Spring
    • Wonderfully detailed hand-painted artwork
    • Use special ghost hunting gadgets

Click images to enlarge
    Paranormal State: Poison Spring Th_screen1_Paranormal State: Poison Spring Th_screen2_Paranormal State: Poison Spring Th_screen3
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Paranormal State: Poison Spring Empty Re: Paranormal State: Poison Spring

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 am

View From A Non-viewer!
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO  

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Good quality production, was my first thought. Nice crisp and realistic graphics, good voice, different take on the paranormal theme. You are the newest member of an investigative agency dealing with supernatural phenomena. With the others with you, you are off on your first investigation in Poison Spring Park, where a museum curator has asked for your team’s help.

The story is nicely developed, but for me, dealing with so many fellow investigators became a bit irritating. It slowed down the action and distracted me. If you know the show, I'm guessing that won't be a problem.

There is some truly excellent work done with transparencies and stills of the battle (and massacre) that occurred in the area during the Civil War.

GAMEPLAY

Most of your energies so far have been spent on getting to know the job and practical tasks - in other words, adventure. The HOPs are an interactive list with more action than most and with some items needed to be found to uncover others. They are a little more challenging than most. The puzzles are medium to easy so far, and the puzzles and HOPs are split fairly close to evenly. I used skip once where I just didn’t have the patience (it’s been a tough day).

We get a EMF (Electromagnetic Field Detector), which allows us to see the invisible siguls that indicate possessions of people and things.

There is a good interactive map (not a transporter), but it can only be accessed from the journal. Hint is directional. I know there's no walkthrough yet, but I think most people will be able to play without it.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

A fine supernatural whodunit and playing with a team certainly makes it different.

I Recommend This Game
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks for the heads-up!  No official description of the game at Legacy, either.  Speaking of which, Legacy will be the only site to offer the CE of this game, and it will probably (maybe?) be available there tomorrow.  We'll see~  Either way, we'll get a game description up as soon as someone at BF corrects their mistake Silly face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:17 am