Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Dance of Death

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Dance of Death Empty Dance of Death

Post by genkicoll Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 am

Dance of Death
    by Eight Game Studio - September, 2013

Available at:
    Alawar
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Dance of Death Dance-of-death_feature

The magic of music and love against black magic death. Dance of Death! Will good conquer evil? Investigate the mysterious disappearance of young Luciano Folgeri from the orphanage. Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of an old Venetian mansion full of mysteries. Defeat your fear of ancient curses and prove that love is stronger than death. Do not be afraid! Save the boy! The universe of good spirits is on your side, and the great power of music will help you to succeed.

• Five different types of hidden objects scenes
    • Unique "Golden Mask" mini games
    • Mystic story component

Click images to enlarge
    Dance of Death Th_screen1_Dance of Death Th_screen2_Dance of Death Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:16 am; edited 3 times in total

Dance of Death O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dance of Death Empty Re: Dance of Death

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:31 am

Get Out The Punchcard Coupon!
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON DEMO

If you have issues with the occult, forget this game, you’re gonna hate it.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
    Weird. Also creepy and scary. The ad blurb says – “5 types of HO puzzle” Yup, that’s my kinda game! Venice and carnival masks? Bonus!

But after the 45 mins demo I am still undecided. This game rates on a direct 50/50 split of like/dislike.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
    The game is dark, in graphics as well as theme. Most scenes are blood drenched , black magic saturated. And while the game is fairly static, there are quite a number of disturbing animated ghosts and other ghouls that just pop up as if from nowhere. This game is definitely for the horror crowd.

The quality in the locations art is poor, I can see where objects have been pasted in. But the HO scenes are very clear and much better drawn. There are some scenes (like the canal ride) that are quite gorgeous.

The sound track is very good. It sometimes enhances the sombre mood and sometimes contrasts it. Nicely done. This not, I suspect, a big money production, so there are no VOs after the intro, but we actually have a live actor, with an odd accent and almost lip sync.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
    Kidnapped boy, mysterious medallion, Venice, black magic and music. Just how all these things add up together is the mystery. The story is presented as a crime whodunit, so you are collecting evidence to meet specific goals, what happened to the boy’s parents for example.

One really annoying thing about this game is that as you complete each of these goals, game play is stopped by a pop up message.

MAKING PROGRESS
    Yes, there are different types of HOPs, as advertised. I saw 3 in the demo. Interactive lists, multiples (e.g. 15 cutting tools) and “move things aside” to find  inventory item.

There are a couple of puzzles, a slider, and another I simply didn’t get. Didn’t get to see the golden mask mini-game mentioned in the blurb. Hint is directional, there’s a journal, but there is no map. So far, nothing here to get excited about.

The progress through the game is not always obvious, but it generally has logic to it. The whole game has an unexpected alien feel to it. I can’t describe it better.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
    This is definitely a try before you buy. After playing for almost an hour, I still don’t know if I want it or not. One for the punchcard filler list, I guess.

I wouldn’t pay full price for it, but I think it definitely has “something” that works.

I recommend this game!

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:33 am