Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

4 posters

Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Empty Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox

Post by genkicoll Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 am

Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox
    by ERS Game Studios - June, 2013

Series links: Haunted Legends 1: The Queen of Spades, Haunted Legends 2: The Bronze Horseman, Haunted Legends 3: The Undertaker, Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox, Haunted Legends 5: The Stone Guest, Haunted Legends 6: The Dark Wishes

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for Mac as Collector's EditionStandard Edition

Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Haunted-legends-the-curse-of-vox-ce_feature

Investigate a house brimming with spirits in Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox! You couldn’t ignore Silvia Filler’s heartfelt plea for help. The police gave up on her brother’s murder case and you are her only hope. But that’s not the biggest problem at hand… The Filler mansion is currently overrun with the spirits of Sylvia’s ancestors! What brought them back? And what will bring them peace? All questions point to a mysterious book. But as you search for the answers, you realize that you are not alone in your hunt for the book. A mysterious little man is always one step ahead of you… and he’s not playing nice! Track down the murderer and uncover a mysterious legend in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game.

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Discover a new twist in the bonus game
    • Haunting wallpapers, screensavers, and concept art
    • Downloadable music tracks
    • An integrated Strategy Guide

For the Standard Edition

Click images to enlarge
    Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Th_screen1_Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Th_screen2_Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Fri May 08, 2015 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox O9fj
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Empty Re: Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:53 am

It’s Astonishing!  
    Sunny Sunny SunnySunny Sunny 

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

I’ve only ever felt lukewarm about this series. But these “new generation” ERS games are ASTOUNDING. Each one comes up with a new way to INDIVIDUALISE the game and CAPTIVATE the gamer. In this one, COLLECTIBLES takes on a whole new meaning.

Let’s start with the KNOWN. Our STORY centres around that DEVILISH DWARF from the previous games in this series, SG. He plays a much more involved part in this game, but it doesn’t really matter what he’s up to, we know it’s going to be NO GOOD. Somewhat surprisingly, he claims he is innocent of the murder we are investigating. Considering what we saw in the GRAPHICAL BRILLIANT & SUSPENSEFUL intro, this is hard to imagine.

It seems that at the heart of this mystery, is a magic book that grants wishes, VOX. And, clearly, SG is out to get it. At the moment it has an entire estate of GHOSTS caught in its clutches, and we will need to help them as well as find the answers to all our questions.

The GRAPHICS are typical ERS, colourful, detailed, beautiful. The MUSIC is ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT. Good on you, guys! The VOICES too are GREAT.

The GAMEPLAY. We have 2 types of HO SCENES, interactive LISTS and PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTES (find this to get that, to do that, etc.), visited twice each. There are a few NOT EXCEPTIONALLY HARD PUZZLES, mostly simple, some involving more than one TYPE to clear the obstacle. Getting around and finding INVENTORY ITEMS is about AVERAGE level of difficulty, and reasonably logical within the CONTEXT of a magical game. HINT is DIRECTIONAL, there is a JOURNAL and a JUMP MAP (I don’t think it gives ACTIVE TASKS), so there's help if you need it.

Then there are the COLLECTING SUB-GAMES. In order to HELP the GHOSTS and progress in the game you must first find POLTERGEIST SEALS which unlock bonuses such as INCREASED HINT RECHARGE SPEED, and help us with EVIL GHOSTS. Then, we must also find RINGS, to attach to a NECKLACE, which will eventually allow us to DISPEL the TRAPPED GHOSTS and beat VOX.

We can also collect PLANTS for our GARDEN. This is an involved process. First, we must find the SPROUTS and a SPROUT EMBLEM. They can then be PLANTED, we must WATER THEM, and when they BLOOM, CUT them (more emblems need for this). With the CUT BLOOM we earn GOLD, kept in our TREASURE CHEST, with which we can BUY MORE exotic plants. Just where all this leads is STILL a MYSTERY, but it looks like fun.

The list of CE EXTRAS is huge. GALLERY ITEMS (incl. SCREENSAVERS, and behind the scenes PHOTOS, MOVIES), SG, BONUS PLAY, REPLAYABLE HOS & PUZZLES, and your GARDEN.

Such an amazing array of COMPLEX COLLECTIBLES is of itself worthy of a CE, but with everything else as well... I simple can’t force myself to wait till Punchcard Monday to buy!

I Recommend This Game!
    pippi
    pippi

Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox Empty Re: Haunted Legends 4: The Curse of Vox

Post by pippi Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Ok Justie, I got this one without trialling it based on your review.  I liked the Queen of Spades one very much, but I thought the Undertaker one was one of the worst games I've ever played.  We'll see how this game shakes out.  Thanks so much for all your detailed reviews!!!

Last edited by pippi on Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:00 am

I agree with you pippi--I really liked Queen of Spades, could not get through demo of
    Undertaker.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am