Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Timeless 2: The Lost Castle

Timeless 2: The Lost Castle

Post by genkicoll on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:50 am

Timeless: The Lost Castle
    by Boolat Entertainment - February, 2013

Series links: Timeless: The Forgotten Town, Timeless 2: The Lost Castle

Available at:
    Big Fish for PC and Mac

Every night you’ve been haunted by visions of a man in a red hood, pleading for you to save an innocent soul. You pack your bags for Europe, but soon you’ll find yourself headed for a different destination, stranded aboard a flying ship. In the distance, an ancient castle among the snowy mountains holds the key to releasing a young girl’s spirit, but it also contains an ancient evil sleeping just under its foundations. Follow in the footsteps of the Man in Red and uncover his secrets in Timeless: The Lost Castle, a mysterious Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game.

• Three levels of difficulty
    • Explore a snow-covered castle
    • Unmask the Man in Red
    • A story of betrayal and redemption

Click images to enlarge

To the world you may be one person;
    but to one person you may be the world.

Re: Timeless 2: The Lost Castle

Post by JustTheFacts on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Buy It On Sale ***

How we got involved in this mess is never explained, but we find ourselves on a deserted blimp as it’s about to self-destruct. A guy in a red hood tells us we must SAVE A LITTLE GIRL, which I’m in favour of, but his behaviour is odd, and I just can’t trust him. On the ground, we’re left to fend for ourselves in a strange MEDIEVAL CASTLE on a snow capped peak. Despite repeat appearances from the other characters, the story does not really occupy the mind. That’s left for the gameplay.

Plenty of both HOs and PUZZLES in this one. I would think there was something for everyone. HOs are two types, LIST by words and by silhouette. The games are not very hard, although I did have to use the DIRECTIONAL HINT quite a bit to find out what to do next. It was not very obvious. Also, this is a geographically large game, with NO MAP, and inventory is often overflowing as you wander about trying to find that puzzle where the widget was needed.

With NO WALKTHROUGH, and actions I would have called a mini-game or puzzle have no skip option, it was touch and go for a while whether I’d be able to finish one puzzle. Also, SKIP is quite slow even on Casual. So, while not being particularly hard, it still was a challenge.

This is not a long game, and there is nothing that makes it stand out, but it’s not a bad little game. Picked up on sale, it’s not a bad buy.

I recommend this game!

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:15 pm