Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Fairway Solitaire 1

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fairway Solitaire 1 Empty Fairway Solitaire 1

Post by genkicoll Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Fairway Solitaire
    by Grey Alien Games

Series links: Fairway Solitaire 1, Fairway 2

Available at:
    Grey Alien Games
    Big Fish
    Shockwave

Fairway Solitaire 1 Fairway-solitaire_feature
    Fairway Solitaire 1 Blueribbon_8x13WINNER! #1 Card/Mahjong Game of 2007

Pull out your clubs (and your diamonds, hearts and spades) and enjoy a round of Fairway Solitaire!

This exciting new card game includes 70 unique courses in locationsranging from exotic forests to Scottish highlands. Choose your golfer
    and experience realistic golf commentary, hilarious wild shot cards, and three fun mini-games.

Click images to enlarge
    Fairway Solitaire 1 Th_screen1_Fairway Solitaire 1 Th_screen2_Fairway Solitaire 1 Th_screen3

Last edited by genkicoll on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Fairway Solitaire 1 Empty Re: Fairway Solitaire 1

Post by genkicoll Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Fairway Solitaire (Card)

This is a very addictive solitaire game where you try to get "runs" of cards. For example, if you have a 5, you would place a 4 or a 6 on it (regardless of suit).

The game itself is very easy to learn, as it will give you hints throughout the first "course", which is 10 "holes".

The scoring can be confusing if you're not familiar with golf, so here is a rundown:

NEGATIVE scoring is good!

Getting a PERFECT score (clearing all the cards) will get you at least a birdie, but you can get up to a triple eagle, depending on the difficulty level of the "hole".

Par = meeting the goal of the "hole" (one set of cards)
    Birdie = one under par (-1)
    Eagle = two under par (-2)
    Double Eagle = three under par (-3)
    Triple Eagle = four under par (-4) <--This is rare!

If you get dealt a really bad set of cards, the worst you can do on a hole is +5 (even if you're actually +12)

Awesome, addictive card game - be sure to give it a try! Two thumbs up
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:55 pm

This is one of the very first games I bought from Big Fish.  I just downloaded it again to play and I must say, it is my personal opinion that the original is FAR superior to the new versions.  I don't think you can even buy the original version now.  I have the mobile version for iphone and ipad, but I am a nervous wreck playing it - I am always afraid I will hit the wrong thing and end up buying some in-app upgrade that I don't want to pay for.  I long for the days when a game was a game and when you bought it, that was IT.  You could play it because you owned it and you didn't have to buy anything else to enjoy it. 

Anyway, just reminiscing playing this wonderful game and longing for the old days...sigh..... Cry
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Well, they're still giving away codes, so it must be accessible from somewhere!

Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst and Fairway Solitaire for Free:
    https://store.bigfishgames.com/biz_dev/coupon.php

EDIT:  Huh!  All of the links in post #1 now go to Fairway, which is #2! OH!
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Wow, where did you find that?  I looked on the website today and did not see Fairway Solitaire.  Only Fairway Solitaire "Tee to Play," and Fairway (the new version).
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh, that giveaway is old, old.  VERY old!  Like over four years old, old. lol~  It still works, though! Big smile
    MorningGlory

Post by MorningGlory Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:51 pm

genkicoll wrote:Oh, that giveaway is old, old.  VERY old!  Like over four years old, old. lol~  It still works, though! Big smile

Good to know!!   Okay

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:33 pm