Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Entwined 1: Strings of Deception

genkicoll

Entwined 1: Strings of Deception

Post by genkicoll on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Entwined: Strings of Deception
    by Urchin Games

Series links: Entwined 1: Strings of Deception, Entwined 2: The Perfect Murder

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    iWin

Uncover a dark scheme in Entwined: Strings of Deception and solve an elaborate murder mystery! Play the role of detective Karla Robbins and interview the different suspects of a grisly murder. Search the Edward family mansion and question the late Christopher Edward’s wife, butler, housemaid, and even his physician in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Find the murderer and discover their motive in Entwined: Strings of Deception!

• Interview suspects
    • Search Edward manor
    • Uncover a dark scheme!

Click images to enlarge

Last edited by genkicoll on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total

bribling

Re: Entwined 1: Strings of Deception

Post by bribling on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 pm

I Demo'd this game. It has good graphics and a good story. It has voice over which is not synchronized with the text or with the mouths of the 3D characters. I found this annoying and it is the main factor that decided me against purchase. That would not have been a deciding factor for me if I had not played so many of this kind of game so decide for yourself whether or not you like it. There are some minigames of the usual kinds such as Lock Picking. It has plenty of HOS. The adventure aspect of it includes questioning suspects and the usual traveling around to find clues. Access to locations may require the finding of keys or the completion of certain actions. All-in-all this is an average HO Mystery and is neither Great nor Awful but can be fairly enjoyable overall.

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:28 am

Good HO Whodunit  
    Sunny Sunny Sunny

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

This is one of those games I bought on a whim but shouldn’t have, because it is just not my cup of tea. However, I will try to give you an unbiased appraisal of the game.

It’s a MODERN WHODUNIT, complete with detective, you, MURDER BOOK in hand. It lists suspects (5), autopsy, observations and task list. A famous inventor has been murdered in his home, found at the bottom of the stairs with a (non-fatal) stab wound, injuries from the fall, and poisoned contents in his stomach. Sounds like they all had a go at him!

His mansion is a wonderful, many-roomed affair, and that NON-INTERACTIVE MAP is a necessary accessory. HINT is VERY HELPFUL outside HOS, you choose a task you want help with, and it will list the necessary steps. It WILL NOT tell you where to go next, however, you will have to work that out. In HOS, it gives you a close-up view of the item.

The game is dominated by ADVENTURE action. You spend most of your time trying to nut out the clues, and there are only a VERY FEW PUZZLES. A lot of toing and froing is required, and it is easy to lose track of what was needed where. But then that’s what adventure games are all about, right?

There are quite a lot of HO SCENES, which provide many of the tools you’ll need. They are of the NON-INTERACTIVE LIST variety and can be quite tricky. CRYSTAL CLEAR REALISTIC GRAPHICS make the scenes a joy to search.

TWO COLLECTIBLES. FINGERPRINTS are collected with a fingerprint kit. And there is also a large quantity of JEWELLERY just lying around.

I am convinced that someone without my prejudices would find this a good game, but I doubt anyone would be floored by it.

I Recommend This Game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:52 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:52 pm