Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Playful Kiss (Korean version)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Playful Kiss (Korean version) Empty Playful Kiss (Korean version)

Post by genkicoll Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:26 pm

The Korean version of Playful Kiss is my new favorite overseas drama Playful Kiss (Korean version) 1626129382

First, a touch of background information:

Playful Kiss is based on a Japanese manga called Itazura na Kiss (meaning "playful" or "mischievous" kiss). The mangaka (artist) died before completing the series, and since then, the story has been turned into an anime (Japanese "cartoon"), plus a live action series in three countries: Japan, Taiwan, and Korea.

Playful Kiss (Korean version) PlayfulkissfPlayful Kiss (Korean version) Playfulkissf
    Bong Joon Gu, Oh Ha Ni, and Baek Seung Jo

I am SO enjoying this drama! I truly like every single character on the show, including the one or two that aren't all that nice.

Premise:
    One of the lowest-ranked students in the school, Oh Ha Ni, has a crush on the smartest guy in the school, much like every other female in the school. The difference is that unlike every other girl in school, Ha Ni ends up living in the same household as the guy - Baek Seung Jo.

What follows are heartwarming, funny and sometimes painful experiences as they go on with their everyday lives. The heroine, Oh Ha Ni, has such wonderful facial expressions, and I love that they didn't make her love interest, Baek Seung Jo, the "cool, never-smiling, aloof guy" that you so often see in these shows.

Cast (courtesy of Wikipedia):

• Jung So Min as Oh Ha Ni
    • Kim Hyun Joong as Baek Seung Jo
    • Lee Tae Sung as Bong Joon Gu (Jigo Bong)
    • Lee Si Young as Yoon Hae Ra
    • Jung Hye Young as Hwang Geum Hee
      (Seung Jo's mother)
    • Oh Kyung Soo as Baek Soo Chang (Seung Jo's father)
    • Choi Won Hong as Baek Eun Jo (Seung Jo's brother)
    • Kang Nam Gil as Oh Ki Dong (Ha Ni's father)
    • Choi Sung Gook as Wang Kyung Soo
    • Hong Yoon Hwa as Jung Joo Ri (Ha Ni's friend) (Julie Jung)
    • Yoon Seung Ah as Dok Go Min Ah (Ha Ni's friend) (Mina Dok
      Go)
    • Choi Sung Joon as Kim Gi Tae
    • Jang Ah Young as Hong Jang Mi
    • Bye Bye Sea as Bong Joon Gu's followers
    • Hwang Hyo Eun as Song Kang Yi(Ha Ni's homeroom teacher)
    • Song Yong Shik as Song Ji Oh
    • Moon Hoe Won as Head Teacher Hwang

I'm five episodes in, and this has become my favorite overseas drama. I truly love this series and all of the characters in it. It's even replaced Hana Kimi, and that's really saying something (I still love you, Toma-kun!)

If you have the bandwidth and a ton of room on your hard drive*, absolutely try this series out. It is wonderful!
    *5 gigabytes per episode?! Playful Kiss (Korean version) 1339004300 I don't know why the subbers saved it in such a huge format, but it's absolutely worth it if you have the bandwidth and room.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am