Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  Empty Sacra Terra: Angelic Night

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night
    by Alawar

Series links:  Sacra Terra 1: Angelic Night, Sacra Terra 2: Kiss of Death

Available at:
    Alawar as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Big Fish for PC Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse Platinum Edition / Standard Edition

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  Sacra-terra-angelic-night-ce-logo

Greed... Lust... Pride... These and four other Deadly Sins have held  mankind in their sway since the fall.  In the wake of a magic ritual  that spiraled out of control, the demons of these vices have broken free of their fiery prison and taken up residence in Sacra Terra, a hospital  that is now an extension of Hell on Earth.  Waking up in the mental  ward with no memory of the last few days, you must use your cunning to  defeat each demon and rescue humanity from destruction!  As you explore a decaying hospital, unlock the secrets of a medieval  abbey, and search eerie catacombs, you will learn who opened the portal between worlds.  Along the way, you'll summon an alluring Succubus,  
    resist the enticement of untold riches, and receive help from a pure  spirit known only as Angel.  Who she is and what happened to her is just one of the shocking truths you will uncover as you find well-hidden  clues, gather useful items, and solve cleverly designed puzzles. Can  you overcome the demons of the Seven Deadly Sins and save the world?   Pray you do!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

• Bonus gameplay
    • Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Wonderful wallpapers
    • Concept art

Click images to enlarge
    Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  Sacra-terra-angelic-night-ce-screenshot-middle0  Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  Sacra-terra-angelic-night-ce-screenshot-middle1  Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  Sacra-terra-angelic-night-ce-screenshot-middle2

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  Empty Re: Sacra Terra: Angelic Night

Post by genkicoll Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night (IHOG)

Where to begin with this fantastic game? Everything about it is the very best quality, from storyline to graphics to gameplay. I will, however, start with the basics Elk grin

Options include separate sliders for music, sound, and ambient audio. You can choose your screen resolution from 800x600 to 1280x960. There are also options for full screen, wide screen and custom cursor.

Once you finish the opening scene (skippable), you have a choice of casual or expert mode. Expert has a longer HINT recharge time, and interactive areas do not sparkle.

Like the Twisted Lands series, this game is heavily story-driven. Unlike TL, however, the story is very understandable. Your journal holds much of the story, but you will also find many notes and such that will also progress the story.

The hidden objects are neither tiny, nor obscured by poor lighting, which is always a good thing. The scenes are a bit junk-piley, but not horribly so. If you choose, you can back out of a HOG scene to look around some, then come back later.

The gameplay is wonderfully varied, with a lot of adventure, a lot of story, and yes - a lot of hidden objects.

The HINT button will show you which direction to go during the adventure portion of the game, without using up your hint - my favorite!

I bought the Collector's Edition of this game, and am VERY happy that I did Sunny I did not need the strategy guide, and while the wallpapers are very nice, I likely won't be using them.

What I DID use and love was the bonus chapter. It was long, had almost all new graphics, explained a lot of the back story, and was just as fun to play as the regular content.

The SE can stand alone, and is very satisfying all by itself. If you enjoy the SE, then I highly recommend that you upgrade to the Collector's Edition. My opinion is that Sacra Terra has the best bonus chapter ever made... at least of the CE's that I've played. Sacra Terra: Angelic Night  580207494

Overall, superb game in both SE and CE versions - highly recommended!
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night (IHOG)
    January, 2018 review

I originally played and reviewed this game in 2012.  I felt that Angelic Night was one of the best IHOG's I'd ever played at the time, and that feeling remains unchanged.

Options include separate sliders for Music, Sound Effects and Ambients, Resolution up to 1600x1200, Full screen, Wide screen and Custom/Windows cursor. You can choose from Casual or Expert mode once you've started the game and get through the skippable cutscene.  The tutorial is optional.

Gameplay is heavy on the adventure, but it's also HO-heavy.  You may visit a hidden object scene three or more times, but spaced well enough that it never feels tedious.  The hidden object scenes will have one new interactable item each time you visit it, and each time you find an item on your list, a new one will pop up to take its place (for a while).

There is NO misclick penalty.

The HINT button can be used not only in the HOS, but also to help you find your way.  Using the hint to get a direction does not disperse the charge.  You'll find yourself to-ing and fro-ing quite a lot, but the game is so lovely to look at that you may not mind ;)  I myself rarely get fed up with having to traverse everything by foot, but I'd have been lost 10 times over without the directional hint!

There is a non-interactive MAP, which is found in the journal.

Periodically you will find tokens, which - when placed in the appropriate scene - will net you a new useful item.  If ever you're stuck (and don't want to use a hint,) double-check your inventory to see if you have any tokens hiding in there.

There are no achievements in the game at the moment, either in-game or the Steam variety, but it does have trading cards.

Collector's Edition Content:

• 9 Wallpapers
    • Strategy Guide
    • 42 "Beyond" (morphing) Objects
    • Bonus Chapter

The bonus chapter answers some questions, but also brings up several new ones.  As is usually the case with CE's, the bonus chapter is maybe an hour and a half long, but the quality is just as good as the rest of the game.

There's something compelling about the game... I think it's that the combination of graphics, story, gameplay and sounds are woven so nicely together that you just want to keep playing.  Definitely recommended to hidden object fans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:43 am