Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night Empty Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night

Post by genkicoll Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Phantasmat: The Endless Night
    by Eipix Entertainment - January, 2015

Series links: Phantasmat, Phantasmat 2: Crucible Peak, Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night, Phantasmat 4: The Dread of Oakville

Available at:
    Big Fish as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    GameHouse as Platinum Edition
    iWin as Collector's Edition / Standard Edition
    Steam as Collector's Edition

Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night Phantasmat-the-endless-night-ce_feature

In this chilling story, you're on your way to take your daughter to her high school prom when tragedy strikes. But your hometown isn't at all what it seems... Due to your expert sleuthing, the gruesome truth emerges. You can solve the mystery of what really happened here 50 years ago. But can you do it in time to save your daughter – and yourself? Find out in this time-bending Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure Game!

• Experience a different perspective in the bonus game
    • Replay hidden object puzzles and mini-games
    • Consult the included Strategy Guide
    • Test your limits by earning achievements
    • Enjoy collectibles, music, movies and more
    • Big Fish Blog Walkthrough

Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night Screen1
    Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night Screen2
    Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night Screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night Empty Re: Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night

Post by genkicoll Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:02 am

Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night (IHOG)

A truly chilling tale.

Options include separate sliders for Music, SFX and Voices, Full-screen and Custom Cursor.  Choice of Easy, Medium, Hard or Custom Difficulty, which can be changed at any time.

Story:

It's prom night for your daughter, and also the 50th anniversary of the town's greatest tragedy.  A moment's distraction from the road sends your car careening towards disaster, and then... Darkness.  Now your daughter is gone, and you're trapped in your ruined car.  You fight your way free, but where is your daughter, and why does the prom night banner say that it's 1965?  Learn what really happened that night 50 years ago, and save your daughter in the process!
    Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night D3C255867E766A392931A71894D1B57DBD7FE555

Although this third game in the series starts out the same way as the first - with a car crash - that is where the resemblance ends.  After Crucible Peak I was not expecting the game to be this compelling... or this scary!  I don't often feel like I have to "Hurry... HURRY!" when I play an IHOG, but this one is an exception. 

We do not have a Journal, but the story is so memorable that one is really not needed.  Puzzle clues will go into your inventory, rather than in a diary.

Gameplay:

Be on the lookout for collectible eye symbols, one at each location.  I think that this was Eipix's nod to the series' original developer, Codeminion, as it is their logo that we are seeking. 

The MAP can be interactive, has insta-transport and directional HINTS are available.  If the location you need to go to is more than one scene away, you'll get a teleportation popup that you can use (or not).

Hidden Object Scenes are beautifully varied.  Not only do we have multiple kinds of HOS, but we might do three different types all in the same scene.  It may sound like an overwhelming amount of "finding", but they way they do it is so interesting that it didn't feel that way at all.
    Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night 2E125A2F7F93303E79B5BDBA4546C436A3D2B09E

For many (but not all!) of the HO sequences, you can do a Match-3 game, instead.  The M3 has been improved since game #2, and I found it really fun when I was playing it.  Match 4 or more tokens to super-charge random items, and cause an explosion when you match them.  This keeps the symbols that you need to bring to the bottom of the screen from getting stuck, but there is also a 'Power' button that will help out if you need it.

The Mini-games were fun and inventive, and neither too easy nor too hard.

Sights and Sounds:

The graphics are not immediately remarkable, but when combined with the sound work, they became a beautifully-immersive backdrop for this chilling tale.  The voiceovers were pretty good for a casual title, and the music was perfectly-suited for the game.
    Phantasmat 3: The Endless Night BFBDB84598E1DD5B7C6E95B6D53538D1BC320457

CE Content:

• Integrated Strategy Guide
    • Bonus Chapter
    • 41 Collectible Eye Symbols (can collect the ones you've missed from the Extras area)
    • In-game Achievements
    • 14 Wallpapers (in four different resolutions)
    • 14 saveable Music Tracks
    • 16 Replayable HOP's (with scoring for time and accuracy)
    • 24 Replayable Mini-games
    • Souvenier Room (a treasure hunt with a bonus item to find at each location)
    • 'Making of' video (felt more like a mini-movie teaser for the game)
    • 13 Cutscenes
    • Match-3 game (endless round with no goals)

Bonus Chapter:

This extra chapter takes place during the main storyline, just from a different character's point-of-view.  I can't really give any more information without spoilers, but will say that it was a little confusing for me, and didn't feel as immersive as the rest of the game.  Still good, just not the amazing experience that I'd had up to this point.

The remainder of the collectible eye symbols can be found in the bonus chapter.

Verdict:

I am really impressed with this installment in the Phantasmat series.  It was unexpectedly immersive and deliciously-creepy, and actually caused some light anxiety (in a good way) whilst playing it!  The combined impact of the story, sound work and graphics with the super-interesting and fun gameplay made for a compelling and enjoyable experience.  A new favorite!

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:42 pm