Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

2 posters

Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info!

Throttle Fiend
    Throttle Fiend

Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info! Empty Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info!

Post by Throttle Fiend Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:39 am

Hi Hi,  Big smile

Throttle Fiend here - ThrottleFnd on XBL. From western NY, where it's cold as heck and the snow won't stop! 

Relatively new to Gems, but have been gaming pretty much non-stop since 1979 when I got the Atari 2600 for Christmas. I'm old(er) than the average gamer, but it doesn't stop me. The arthritis in both hands, coupled with a broken wrist from last summer that required a plate and 11 screws has slowed me down a little, and won't allow me to play any more of the genres that require "twitchy" reflexes. Good thing my favorite genres are old school style JRPGs, turn based strategy, and puzzle titles. 

Came across the GenkiColl channel a while back when looking for information, and it's been really helpful. Our oldest son is on the spectrum as well (As I grow older, I become more aware that I may be very high functioning as well), so that drew me in even more.

Been playing for about 3-4 months now. Did a lot on my own and then joined a guild. Got advice on a fast win team, and just grinded with it on Explore Level 1. I'm like level 1057(?) now, but at least 750 of those levels have come in the last 4 weeks or so.

All but 2 classes have level 20 and the class weapon unlocked, and I'm working on Titan right now as it's my main class on teams for PvP, Delves, and the like. All overworld kingdoms are level 10, a few at 11. All underground kingdoms are unlocked. My overall delve score is close to 1,000 give or take a hundred or two. I really just started doing them this past weekend.

So, thanks Colleen for all the support, and I hope to one day be able to pass on what I've learned to new players!  Okay
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info! Empty Re: Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info!

Post by genkicoll Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:19 pm

Welcome! , it's great to meet you!  Like you, I realized that I (and basically everyone in my family) is on the spectrum when my kids were diagnosed and I started doing research on the subject.  I got my official diagnosis a few years ago.

You are doing great with your progress in Gems, and still lots of goals you can work towards!  Titan was the best class in the game until Elementalist came along (Elementalist = EASY button), but the 50% mana start for your hero w/Titan is super-helpful, too.

If you have any questions, I'm always available.  You can ask here or on any video. Big smile

Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info! O9fj
    Throttle Fiend
    Throttle Fiend

Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info! Empty Re: Hi, I'm just here for the cookies - and awesome info!

Post by Throttle Fiend Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:23 am

My Gems screen name is Shadowauthor - I recently changed my XBL gamertag, but it didn't carry over. Oh well. 

Was there a specific test or tests you had done to get you diagnosis? Same as for the kids? I only just recently started having the realizations, but it's good because it explains a lot.

I'll definitely check out Elementalist after I get Titan to 100, it's at level 68 right now.

As a fellow YT'er myself, I try to comment on people's videos to help them with the ever finicky algorhythm, but unfortunately, I watch a lot from my XBox, and it won't allow comments. I guess I'll have to start breaking out the iPad.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:08 pm

Feel free to post your YT link here Smile 

I went to my primary care physician first, who gave me a referral to someone who could make the diagnosis.

Throttle Fiend
    Throttle Fiend

Post by Throttle Fiend Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 am

Throttle Fiend channel: youtube dot com forward slash throttlefiend (messageboard won't let me post a link yet.
    EDITED by Genkicoll to add link:  https://www.youtube.com/c/ThrottleFiend

I do (well used to - more on that in a bit) motovlogs, men's mental health, and just all around positivity.

I was in a horrific wreck last June 25th at 2:51pm when a gentleman didn't see me and decided to pull out right in front of me. I got on the brakes and swerved to miss him, but I still clipped his rear bumper. I was thrown from the bike about 20' down the road and landed with my arms outstretched to brace the fall. Thankfully I always wear full protective gear, including a full-face carbon fiber helmet. 

I hit the pavement, and tumbled a few times. Ended up with a broken wrist that required a plate and 11 screws. But upon further examination of my gear, that helmet saved my life. If I'd been wearing one of those half or 3/4 helmets you see so many people using (I call 'em brain buckets), my jaw would've been torn right off my face as that's the second area that hit after my hands made contact with the ground.

Since then, it's been a tough road back. I haven't ridden since then, and have sporadically put out content. I'm hoping to get back on the road soon - my wife wants to learn how to ride, but I'm just taking it one day at a time.
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:55 am

Oh wow, that sounds absolutely terrible!  I'm glad you're OK!
    ThrottleFiend wrote:I do (well used to - more on that in a bit) motovlogs, men's mental health, and just all around positivity.
    That makes your presence a good fit, since positivity is what I'm all about Sunny

I edited your youtube link into your post, and hopefully our friends who are interested will pop by!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm