Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

Hidden Object: Home Makeover

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hidden Object: Home Makeover Empty Hidden Object: Home Makeover

Post by genkicoll Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Hidden Object: Home Makeover
    by Tamalaki - March, 2014

Available at:
    Big Fish
    GameHouse
    Steam

Hidden Object: Home Makeover Hidden-object-home-makeover_feature

Help Emma restore her grandparents' old house back to its former glory! Make money from garage sales to buy furniture and new fixtures for their old house!

This extraordinary Hidden Object game is significantly better than the average ones you've been playing all this time! Hidden Object: Home Makeover is a Hidden Object, decoration and Match 3 game with unlimited levels and gameplay time, all in one package!

• 12 scenes and 10 gameplay modes
    • Match-3 mini-games
    • Decoration and makeover
    • Bonus household tips and facts

Hidden Object: Home Makeover Screen1
    Hidden Object: Home Makeover Screen2
    Hidden Object: Home Makeover Screen3
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Hidden Object: Home Makeover Empty Re: Hidden Object: Home Makeover

Post by genkicoll Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Hidden Object: Home Makeover (HOG)

Simple options for this one: Sound on/off, Full-screen and Normal (timed) or Relaxed Mode.

Story:

You want to become a designer, and your grandparents - thinking it's a great idea - invite you to come stay at their place and fix it up for designing practice.

As you finish each scene, you'll get a handy household tip (they really are very helpful tips!)
    Hidden Object: Home Makeover C505C4B1DB4408B4D231C1B2A9FFFD70B5C724F9

Gameplay:

I wanted to try this because it looks so much like the original Gardenscapes (which is not available on Steam).  Home Makeover has a LOT of similarities, including the basic premise of holding garage sales to make the money you need to purchase upgrades for your home.

I recognize the music from another game, and it is absolutely driving me crazy that I can't remember which one it is!

Hidden Object Scenes (aka garage sales) are your major source of income for the game. They are all randomized junk piles with cookie cutter items that are used on every scene.  HOS repeat but the objects will be in new places when you return.  There are at least two gold coins hidden at every location, as well as an Origaming logo (15 total) for you to find.

You can zoom in on a scene by holding down the Ctrl button.

Customers come in looking for specific items, and these can be either pictured or written out.  Each time you fulfill an order, the customer will leave behind some coins to pay for it.  Collect up to four piles of coins at once to get a multiplier bonus.  Ka-ching!
    Hidden Object: Home Makeover 3BDC29E2E0A35B49D53E9C8B62B4690D7254FD0F

Although I'd like to say that you just keep getting customers until you run out of time, there is a limit to how many people you can serve in one day.  I'm not sure that there's any benefit to playing on timed mode besides the satisfaction of beating the clock.

In addition to the HOS gameplay, there are also Match-3 minis where you can earn extra money by finding a certain item.  You have to dig through things by making matches, and when you find the item, you have to make it drop to the bottom of the screen to collect it.  In timed mode, you have a limited number of moves you can make.  The round ends when you either get the item, or when you run out of moves.
    Hidden Object: Home Makeover BA95A48CBD55E234018185AD398B4DB612065E66

Extras - four different modes of quickplay, each with 3 difficulty tiers (harder tiers have greater rewards):

1. Classic - Choice of finding by word, silhouette or picture
    2. Memory - 15 seconds to memorize 5 objects which you'll need to then find on the scene
    3. Survival - See how many scenes you can get through in 5 minutes
    4. Memory Flash - Brain training!  Memorize the layout of a room, then click to start. The scene will flash, and one new item will be added.  Find it, another flash, and another item will be added.  Rinse and repeat.

Verdict:

I've got only about 30 minutes of game time in this one, but this is a game that you only play in short bursts.  Since it's a straight HOG with almost no story, it's easy to put down and come back to later.  I'm guessing that I'll be playing this one on and off for weeks.

I like the challenge of trying to fulfill 4 orders at once to get the money bonus, as well as having 3 design choices per household upgrade.  A simple game that is great to play when you just want to chill out for a while.

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:07 pm