Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing Empty Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 pm

I have a lot of weird food sensitivities... I mean beyond being gluten-intolerant.

For instance, clover honey gives me a headache, but honeys made from other sources generally don't.

For a long time now I've had a problem with apples giving me a headache.  Sometimes I could eat them with no problem, and I could tell by smelling them whether or not I'd have a reaction.  Strange, I know Huh?

Recently my parents tried a new apple called Envy, which I had no reaction to whatsoever!  I've been having an apple a day for the past 8 days or so, but today was different.  Same batch of apples, but today's was different -- it gave me a headache.

There was only one difference between this apple and the other apples, and that is that the apple had been sitting around for a while.

An answer to the weirdness of sometimes-yes, sometimes-no at last! Happy bounce  There has to be some kind of substance that builds up as they ripen, and that's what's been causing the headaches. 

This was probably boring for those without food sensitivities, but it's a big deal for me.  Now I know that if it's not overripe I can eat apples whenever I like, and I'm super-happy about that Sunny

Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing O9fj
    volnole68
    volnole68

Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing Empty Re: Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing

Post by volnole68 Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:00 am

I had food allergy testing done many years ago due to headaches.  The one thing I remember is that the affect of food stays in your system for 4 days.  I could eat chocolate on Monday and if I didn't have any more until Friday, I wouldn't get a headache.  No way could I eat it every day.  That may affect some of the reactions you are having.

Now, you know how medical warnings and food change constantly so I don't know if that statement is still true! I do know it still applies to me and chocolate and my headaches.

I also have an allergy to corn - causes congestion.  Corn is unfortunately in everything just about including glue on envelopes.  I don't even try to avoid that!  LOL
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing Empty Re: Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing

Post by genkicoll Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:57 am

Oh man, I don't think I could take a problem with corn on top of all of my other sensitivities! faints  Of course, I'd rather have a problem with corn than with dairy products, tomato, and/or onions! Elk grin

Food Intolerances are a Strange Thing O9fj
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:30 am

I have read that sometimes, with fruit, it is not so much the fruit as its whatever they spray
    on them that will set people off.

Then there are those mushrooms that will send you to another dimension. Stars

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 am