Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015)

genkicoll
    genkicoll

Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015) Empty Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015)

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:31 pm

We will be starting a group play-through of Memoria <--(game thread) some time in April, 2015.

Anyone is welcome to join in at any time Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015) 3026146359

Here's how it works:

The people who are participating come to this thread to discuss the game.  Anything about the game:  The graphics, sounds, story, impressions, and cries for help.  The only thing you need to remember is that we don't want to ruin any surprises or storyline specifics for those who haven't played yet, so please hide this kind of information!

There are two ways to do this:

Use spoiler tags, which look like this [ spoiler]Type your spoiler here.[ /spoiler] (without the spaces inside the brackets.  When you do it right, it will look like this once you submit your post:
    Spoiler:

You can click on the Preview button (to the left of the Send button) if you want to be sure you've done it right before submitting.

Change the color of your text.  To do so, highlight the text whose color you want to change, click on the button at the top of the reply box that looks like nine little colored squares, and choose the color you want.  Once you post, the background will be a light blue color, so keep that in mind ;)

The goal is to have fun playing this together, whilst still having the information in the thread be helpful for anyone who comes along later -- even if it's a year from now!

If you need help, try asking in the thread (don't forget your spoiler tags!) before resorting to the Walkthrough.  I much prefer getting hints to actually being told exactly what to do, and that's the beauty of a group play Sunny

One last thing, and that is that I highly suggest playing The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav before we start this new group play, since Memoria -- in part -- continues the story.

PLEASE SEE THIS POST for information on controls and gameplay options.

Last edited by genkicoll on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015) O9fj
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015) Empty Re: Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015)

Post by genkicoll Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Controls and gameplay options:

When you enter the game, you'll see two options:  New Game and Main Menu.  I recommend going to the Main Menu and checking out the options.  There are a lot to choose from, but the most important are probably the first three you'll see:  Subtitles and Hotspot Indicator are chosen by default, but if you want the third option, Combination Helper*, you'll have to check the box, yourself.

The fourth icon down (on the left) on the Options page is what looks like a joystick.  Click on that to see what all of the controls are.  Because that's just the kind of gal I am, I'll copy that info here for you so you don't have to look in-game Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015) 2981382511

Left-click - Executes assigned action; selects item from your inventory
    Mouse wheel - Browse you inventory.  Clicking highlights all relevant objects if Hotspot Indicator is enabled.
    Right-click - Examines items in your inventory or hotspots; returns items to inventory if nothing specific selected.

Esc - Opens main menu; skips cutscenes
    T - Switch between "Voice only," "Subtitles only," and "Voice and subtitles."
    M - Mutes or resumes sound
    F1 - Opens/closes the quest log
    F5 - Opens/closes savegame menu
    F8 - Opens/closes settings menu
    F9 - Quicksave (will overwrite previous quicksave)
    F10 - Opens quicksave
    F11 - Screenshot.  A screenshot will be saved in your user folder
    Space bar - Shows hotspots on screen (if enabled) and will pause cutscenes

*When Combination Helper is turned on, it will highlight items that can be combined with the item you are currently holding

BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015) Empty Re: Memoria Group Play-through (Coming April, 2015)

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi. I just put Memoria on my wishlist this morning, so maybe I'll finally get to join a group play.
    marianne
    marianne

Post by marianne Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:06 am

Do we have a date yet for Memoria ?
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:37 am

I was wondering if anyone's still interested besides me, since it seems that only I and one other person actually finished Satinav.

I'm ready whenever!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 am