Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+3
JustTheFacts
luvtoread
pippi
7 posters

Pippi's Pondering and Pontificating

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Pippi's Pondering and Pontificating - Page 2 Empty Re: Pippi's Pondering and Pontificating

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:25 am

LOL, yes, I used to play Neopets and that was a fulltime occupation! I remember. But, honestly, you really don't look after these dragons. After the initial snatching up of the egg from the cave, everything is automatic. So you can go days at a time without even looking at them and they will still go happily without you. And once they're adults, you need never look at them again - although, yeah, in that case, why would you want to play?  Snicker Snicker 

Of course, if you're like me, you have to collect at least a breeding pair of every dragon type there is, and constantly increase the numbers in order to populate your fictitious place - which is purely and utterly MY addition to the game - I need to have a reason for all these dragons - you might find yourself a little overburdened at times.

Particularly if you promised yourself you'd review all your games, and all the betas and all the new games as they are released... Stars 

Why do I do these things to myself lol?  2muchcompy 
    pippi
    pippi

Pippi's Pondering and Pontificating - Page 2 Empty Re: Pippi's Pondering and Pontificating

Post by pippi Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 am

Here is my vital question for SIMS games:

Why do I want to simulate my real-life exhaustion when I play a game?  I don't wanna go to work in my game.  I want to goof off.  If I wanted to go to work, well, I wouldn't be playing a game now would I?   Laugh 

As for the dragons, Justie, I am blissfully happy Faerie Godmothering everyone else's.  That way I can get *all* the fun and *none* of the work.   Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:04 am

I do understand. I just didn't want anyone to think it is more time consuming than it is... unless there are new eggs to catch and your pc is running slow!  Elk grin 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Yeah, my niece was crazy about the SIMS game. I never understood the appeal.  Huh? 

lol, I play games to relax, also. Not mimic everyday life.  Rolling Eyes
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Maybe, if your niece is young enough, she's practising for real life - or making up a better one than she has/had?? I think that's the appeal to some.

Also, the thrills of playing God, I guess, works. I loved Neopets when I first came online about 15 years ago. Was fun to feed them, play, dress, train, take on adventures. In the end, for me it became a kind of tycoon game I think, where entrepreneur in me could strut her stuff, without me losing my shirt.  Big smile 
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. She played SIMS when she was younger.

Now, she's working 6 days a week and has no time to do anything. It's highly doubtful she would ever play that game again.
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:10 pm

My husband plays Metropolis on FB and I just don't get the appeal. It's like, what's the point? You never win. There's always something you need to do to keep your city alive. All these people are clicking each other's stuff, and for what reason?  There is not outcome. No goal. No winner. It's just a series of daily chores that don't lead to anything. At least IMO. 

And yet he spends hours each day working on his city, and at this point I don't even think HE knows why! LOL 

At least with my games, you solve something or finish something. Yeah. That makes it better. LOL!  Belly laugh
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 pm

HEY GENKI!!!

I think it is awesome that you made the banner be Stray Souls : Dollhouse Story just when I am playing it.  Sunny

It's even better than you didn't put in a picture of that clown.   Heart 
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Oh, I'm sorry, I was remiss flutter eyelashes   Here you go! evilclown

Pippi's Pondering and Pontificating - Page 2 O9fj
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Kind of a Question; Kind of a Rant ...

Why do most HOPA games have lame endings?  Some of the really good games ... you get to the end and this is what happens:
     Huh?   Dunno   D\\'oh!  faceplant 

How many times can the witch have the secret altar place under the scary old house?  I mean, c'mon.  At least once put it in the attic!  How many times can the creepy old dude end up already dead?  And finally, How Many Times Do I Have To Save The World?

That is all. Thank you.
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:45 pm

OR.....my latest rant from the last game I player.

Why Do These People Bring Horrors Upon the Earth and then the World Has To Wait

for THE ONE to be Born to Save them?   It Is Always The GRANDDAUGHTER.

That is skipping a generation.    How do you know you or your kids are going to survive
    the mess you made of the world to have more kids?
    pippi
    pippi

Post by pippi Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Excellent point, LuvTo.  I thought about that while you and Esme were discussing that game!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 2:40 pm