Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

+16
Critteranne
jboliver1999
jessmom01
tesamoine
pippi
Butterflyshrimp
Frodo
RenaissanceMom
BloomingLilac
orphaned
luvtoread
kac
djrum
Esme
genkicoll
marianne
20 posters

Dark & Eerie Games Thread

djrum
    djrum

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Dark & Eerie Games Thread

Post by djrum Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 am

Gosh, and here I thought I was weird because I liked pipe puzzles.  Big smile
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:56 am

Oh you're still weird - you've just got a lot of weird friends who don't usually mention it  Whistle 
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:00 pm

JustTheFacts wrote:See, I must be strange. Nothing will make use hint in a HOP! (very useful skill in F2P) I will happily ponder life's meaning while trying to find that damn spider.. oh there he is- on the poor skeleton's rib cage!  Big smile

Oh! I love pipe puzzles too! what's the name of the game esme?

It's called Bloom. It's quite pretty too. One of my favorites and well worth it SE.  Offering  Offering  Offering
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Woo! Cool! Guess what I'm getting on Monday with one of my last pcc codes!  Happy bounce 

Thanks esme Thank You 
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Glad I could help, Justie. I love finding hidden gems like that one and sharing it with people. 

I hope you enjoy it.  Cow-moo
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Oh...I also love the pipe puzzles.

Some of those sliding squares around... Sigh .....always one square that lands up on the
    other side.
    I forgot what game it was,  I finally went to the WT......still could not get it right.   meh 

I think the WT was wrong.    Big smile
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Esme wrote:It's called Bloom. It's quite pretty too. One of my favorites and well worth it SE.  Offering  Offering  Offering

Oh I LOVE Bloom! Heart  It's beautiful, relaxing, and strangely addictive! Laugh
    Esme
    Esme

Post by Esme Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Isn't it great???  

I may have to re-install it and play it through again.  Offering  Offering  Offering
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:15 pm

I couldn't just let this go past me without sharing it with the gang in this thread -

there are others out there!  alien2 

Two thumbs up

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 10614157_846168008735524_8439734457997245870_n
    genkicoll
    genkicoll

Post by genkicoll Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Oh my gosh, I love that!  BWAHAHAHA Belly laugh
    luvtoread
    luvtoread

Post by luvtoread Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Dark & Eerie Games Thread - Page 25 2Q==
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Hello! I hadn't noticed this thread, so I'm going to assume it's for general chat.

I really like pipe puzzles, too. There's one called Where are my Pipes? that I wanted to buy, but there were no clear instructions for achieving stars on a level. I kept getting one star on level 3 or 4 and I had no clue why.

If you've played the Farmington Tales games, you probably enjoy those pipe puzzles. Most puzzles p!ss me off, which is why I haven't played any of my HOGs lately. I feel that if I have to skip parts of a game, it's time to switch to a new/different genre.

That said, I love TM games, but you wouldn't like me if you could hear the curse words spewing forth from my mouth at the customers. Hahaha! My poor dogs probably think I'm angry with them. I've been playing Wedding Dash 2. Endless Reception gets insane in a hurry! Embarrassed
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 pm

I don't think I've ever played an all pipes puzzle game.  Hmm... 

I've been playing Nevertales 2 and realized I forgot about my morphing objects.  Rolling Eyes

Oh. My. Gosh. I was over at BF's because I was going to read the Reviews and the Tech Issues threads for Puppetshow 6. So much crap going on over there in the forum it's ridiculous. 
    I'm glad I quit posting there when CCC went down the tubes.

I've never seen such cruel words over a game. It's beyond me, it really is. I don't understand why people get bent out of shape because this reviewer said this, or that reviewer said that.
    Geesh, it's so simple...read all the reviews, see which ones contain the crucial info you need, and then demo the damn game yourself.
    If you have limited internet access, pick your fav reviewer, if they like the game, chances are you will, too.

There...simple, right???
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm glad you mentioned the nonsense over on the game forums. I had started to notice one of the top reviewers wasn't showing up as often when new games were released, and I was wondering what happened. I'm guessing it's jealousy. Someone (or a mob, more than likely) probably upset her.

It's also quite sad to see people rating games with one or two stars. Seriously? If I don't care for a game, I'll at least be courteous in my reviews. Some of these developers are very talented, and it's obvious that they've put a lot of time and effort into their games. Then they have to read people picking their work apart. Some reviewers are downright malicious. I've noticed it on Amazon and other sites, too. Sometimes when I see people trashing bestselling books and other products, I want to comment that there's a human being on the other side of the computer screen, but I know it won't make any difference. I'd rather avoid conflict anyway.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:44 am

I get bent out of shape when someone leaves a "review" that trashes not only the developer but the members that enjoyed the game.  And because I'm stupid, I comment on it which in turn sets off a civil war.  I'm also very annoyed at the snide comments aimed at JustTheFact's beautifully written reviews.  I should follow your lead and just keep it to myself.

Last edited by snapnhiss on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:48 am

So... does anyone know if they've continued the Urban Legends series?  I only remember seeing the one with the cabin in the woods, which frankly scared the poo out of me a couple of times.  And I watch a lot of horror movies so I kind of enjoyed it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 am

I know what you mean, Lilac. In real life, I deal with what I feel is not right. Most of the time, it's when I'm given the runaround by someone or they're talking "down" at me.
    On the computer, words can be misinterpreted easily and I guess I prefer a one-on-one confrontation or opinion exchange without thousands of people knowing my business and jumping on the differing bandwagons.

snapnhiss, are you talking about the Campfire Legends series? I remember there being a cabin in the woods in the first game and I also remember, it was one of the more difficult games I played.
    I think there were 2 more games afterwards & I'd read (somewhere) the series had ended.

I will watch some horror movies, as long as they're not too scary!
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:32 am

snapnhiss wrote:I get bent out of shape when someone leaves a "review" that trashes not only the developer but the members that enjoyed the game.  And because I'm stupid, I comment on it which in turn sets off a civil war.  I'm also very annoyed at the snide comments aimed at JustTheFact's beautifully written reviews.  I should follow your lead and just keep it to myself.

Same here. When Royal Envoy 3 Collector's Edition was released, there was a comment about it being a child's game. That member was upset because BF released it as the TGT instead of the usual HOG CE for that day. I don't care for the RE series because the workers' constant chatter annoys me, and I like to play games with the sound on. I played a few minutes of the demo, hoping there was an option to disable the voices, but I didn't see one. Then I checked the forum out of curiosity. There was a spat over that lady's comment. I just logged off without commenting.

I don't think you're dumb. It's only natural to want to say something. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way (before joining BF and CCC) that defending myself and others only caused more friction. I was a member of a horror movie forum and a general chat forum. People who liked movies (or anything) that others didn't were treated badly. I don't understand the hatred and mob mentality. I doubt these people would be so bold if they didn't have the benefit of anonymity.

I missed the snide comments about JTF's reviews. How sad. I don't post many reviews, so I appreciate the members who do.

Gamehouse has three Campfire Legends games. Do you like any of those? I have Urban Legends: The Maze from Big Fish. That's the only one I'm familiar with.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:34 am

You're brilliant, that's the name!  It was called "The Hookman" and it was probably the scariest game I've ever played.

Looks like there's also "The Babysitter" and "The Last Act".  I need to go find these NOW.  :P
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:38 am

djrum wrote:I know what you mean, Lilac. In real life, I deal with what I feel is not right. Most of the time, it's when I'm given the runaround by someone or they're talking "down" at me.
    On the computer, words can be misinterpreted easily and I guess I prefer a one-on-one confrontation or opinion exchange without thousands of people knowing my business and jumping on the differing bandwagons.

snapnhiss, are you talking about the Campfire Legends series? I remember there being a cabin in the woods in the first game and I also remember, it was one of the more difficult games I played.
    I think there were 2 more games afterwards & I'd read (somewhere) the series had ended.

I will watch some horror movies, as long as they're not too scary!

Good morning!

Yeah, I've got my own problems, so I'm hoping to avoid the bickering online. It's not worth the stress.

I just posted about the Campfire Legends series.  Laugh  I guess we were were posting at the same time. I'm thinking about playing them now.
    snapnhiss
    snapnhiss

Post by snapnhiss Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:43 am

Looks like I got the names mixed up, I'm apparently running out of storage space in my quickly aging brain.

I've played the one from BF which I enjoyed but it wasn't very scary.  I forgot about the Campfire Legend series since they weren't offered on BFG.  I think I need to expand my horizons.
    BloomingLilac
    BloomingLilac

Post by BloomingLilac Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:54 am

There's also Shtriga - Summer Camp, but I haven't tried it.
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 am

I've already ran out of storage space! That's probably why I forgot about my MOs in Nevertales 2. There's even a little indicator in the lower left-hand corner...I didn't see. I do need to get my eyes checked again, as it's been a few years.

I bought Campfire Legends: The Hookman at the store. It was part of a 2-pack bundle (the other game was Marooned).
    I would've liked a 3-pack bundle of all the Campfire Legends games which would've been a super cool deal.

I'm tempted to replay it, too!!
    djrum
    djrum

Post by djrum Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 am

Shtriga: Summer Camp was good. I think it was offered at Alawar as a premium edition, but BFG only has the SE.

I was visiting Alawar's site & seen dark & dreary screenshots of a game, I can't remember the title of it. One of the screenshots looks like a game I've played, but the title's not the same.
    I'll have to go look.

Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe is the name of the game.

I keep hoping there's an Eternal Journey 2 in production or the devs are thinking about it, maybe tossing around ideas for a Part 2.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 am

Gamehouse had a twofer pack - 1 & 2 I think. I hated that series with a passion! I tried a hundred different ways to get into trhr flow of the damn things, cuz it was one of the few series where I could actually get some benefit from buying from GH - I was in the middle of switching to bfg.

I never understood how half of it worked and I never found enough fireflies (that was a problem in itself - I didn't know what they looked like, we don't have them in Aus!) and I never had enough of them to make any progress - in any of the 3 of them!

I'm not that bad a player, I just couldn't understand these ones! Embarrassed 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:25 pm