Gamer Chick and Mom. Games are My Passion, and Here You'll Find Gaming Reviews & Info, plus Talk about Books, Movies, Music and More!

3 posters

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings

JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:41 am

Newbie Breeder's Notes To Self Stars 

PAGE 3

The conundrums for the breeder at her first Monthly Egg Drop... picking up where we left...

Never know what I want, so I end up getting Pinks and Reds - know I want them!   Snicker 

Well, yes, I do still want them... but...

I want the new eggs too of course. That entails a trip to the caves proper.

Then there's that thing going on in the abandoned cave, is it really being filled with short term eggs and hatchlings...?

to be continued when I'm awake.

I'm never gonna be awake enough to finish this! Try Justie's article instead!

Newsflash!

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Empty Help! My Egg Is Sick!

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 am

HELP! My Egg Is Sick! AND it won't hatch! SOS! 

Ok, calm down Justie, let's think a bit.

Right, it's a new egg, so it could have all sorts of new ways for you to stuff up...

Or, it could be like the Sunrise/sunset eggs, and only hatch at certain times.

Or, it could be you overfed it, and now it's gonna die!  Cry 

Help! Frodo! SOS!! SOS! 

PANIC OVER! BABY'S OKAY! Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 A1u3a Hug  Wub 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Empty In A Hurry?

Post by JustTheFacts Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:54 am

In A Hurry?

In a hurry to make your Bronze/Silver/Gold Trophy?

Trophies are important in the early stages of Dragon Cave game play, because they control how many eggs/hatchlings you can hold simultaneously. So obviously, the sooner you reach these targets, the better.

I have found only one consistently successful approach to reducing the time it takes to reach these important goals.

In a word: INCUBATE.

I found collecting every Red dragon egg I could find, then using them to reduce the time an egg takes to crack (they take off one day till hatching time) is the best way to increase your number of dragons.

Whether you are breeding, stealing from the cave, or rescuing abandoned eggs, taking a day off the waiting time is a significant contribution.

I give Red eggs priority over all other eggs, tempting though they may be, whenever I find one, and still I find I could use more.
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:32 am

Just a little aside really...

The Cave Born and Bred eggs all seem to be having a tough time of it at the moment making it to hatching without getting sick, and yet, when it is time to hatch (or mature), many end in ER because they are too slow at getting views! Even if you've put them back into the usual places.

Weird!! But does anyone have any theories?

I thought maybe it had to do with the "new egg" drop, perhaps less people were paying attention to the click sites, and so fewer views were accumulated, but the egg drop is past, and this phenomenon continues... Hmm...

And less viewers does not explain the sickness rates of CB and bred dragons...
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:53 am

Newbie Breeder's Notes To Self

Page 4

I got a nice 'deal' on an Electric in the Abandoned Cave today, and was amazed to find an impeccable 'stair' lineage. But mine of course, is the wrong one for the next generation, which is why it was abandoned.

But it gave me an idea on how to keep a tidy if not ideal lineage going using the one I just found with the partner's lineage. I have, purely by chance, a similarly impeccable stair lineage, working up to down, whatever that is called. In the right breed!

So, I am going to try my first breeding for lineage imagery lol  Elk grin

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:24 am

Page 5

Half Flower My First Breeding Project "Motleys" Half Flower 

This lineage breeding thing is a lot more complicated than I first thought. I am gonna be scratching my head a year from now, I reckon. If you wish to become as bamboozled as I am about it, check out the Breeding Projects thread in the Dragon Cave Forum.  Laugh 

This is what I did, step by step (which is something of a joke you'll get if you keep reading.)

1. What breed and what type of lineage pattern?

A. I chose Stripes because they are a little different and will offer me a chance to do something a bit creative with them. Also, I had a nice little 2nd generation (only parents before him in his lineage) White Male to mate with other breeds.

I am going to do a rainbow-effect (because you can, in Stripes) Descending Staircase, and it helps that I have a large choice of Cave Bred mates to choose from, for each colour.

That's the way Stripes work. You can simply mate them and wait to see the results, or you can determine the colour by mating them with the right breeds. List here

2. Pick your mates.

A. Motley Linen (White, M) and, as per instructions for a Blue Striped egg, LightsShield (CB* Guardian F). *Cave Born = no previous lineages to mess up yours.

3. Breed them.

A. Exactly what I was looking for - A Blue Striped egg. Now my new egg's lineage is as below.

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Motley10

4. To make it a Descending Staircase, your egg must be male, because they always go at the top of the pairing.

A. I influenced mine with one of my Pinks.

5. Name your Hatchling and create a naming strategy for your Lineage.

A.  This step is optional, but a must for me. I chose Motley as the family name of my guys, and it is written first, not last. Each dragon will be given a synonym based on their colour to add to the name.

6. Next repeat all the above for each generation.

A. In the case of Stripes, that differs for each generation, but the principle works exactly the same. I have chosen to breed my colours as follows:

White > Blue > Green > Black > Red > White etc.

FAQs

1. What if I get the wrong breed?

A. You can have a go for an Ascending Staircase, which is simply a female lineage with exactly the same principles, or at alternating the two breeds each generation, if the eggs are relatively easy to find in the CAVE not abandoned page. (You can get CBs there, but a broken lineage is much more likely). Otherwise, just try again in a week's time.  Big smile 

2. What if I get the wrong gender?

A. Your lineage is broken up, unless you want to try alternating the genders as part of your project. This is only good advice if it is early on in your lineage. Later, just consider the hatchling a poor cousin and act accordingly.

Which is why I influence my eggs and keep a lot of Pinks around.  Smile 

3. What are all the Projects in the Breeding thread about?

A. They are officially recognized projects to create a specific - highly creative - lineage. They usually involve others, who donate eggs to the project, sometimes in return for eggs of the final lineage.

THIS, here, is just Justie doing her thing. I am in no way going to try to compete with the experts. I just like to make pretty lineages. So I will not be asking others to contribute in any way, shape or form.

But am happy to let people learn what they choose to from my experiences.

4. I have 100s of dragons, how can I find out which ones are Cave Born?

Check it out at Eggs Around The World's Tool page, using the "Scroll Stats" tool. Here!

To see how this lineage progresses, click the egg/hatchling/adult here!

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Nq3ss

Heart HAPPY NURTURING! Heart
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:15 am

Yes, Frodo, I am finally advocating regular visits to the Cave!  Belly laugh 

I don't expect it to be as much fun as the Roller Coaster in the Abandoned Cave, but a necessary chore if I want to create lineages.  Rolling Eyes 
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:08 am

Page 6

Half Flower My Second Breeding Project "Fallen Stars Fever" Half Flower

Don't forget to check out Breeding Projects thread in the Dragon Cave Forum.

I have 2 CB (cave born) Fever dragons, and 6 CB Cassare Dragons. I want to create a lineage using all 8 dragons. My choice for this was a Mirrored Staircase lineage.

Here’s what it looks like.

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Fallen10

The In each case, all 8 of my current CB dragons are used, and the red squares are the four more CB dragons I would need to find.

Or, I could make the lineage something else, by putting a 3rd breed into the red squares. Of course, I could also shorten or lengthen the chain by simply not mating the most recent progeny, or mating the two most recent to each other.

There is no guarantee I will get the breed I want, in each generation, and that’s one of the reasons why there are so many abandoned eggs!

I will not be leaving gender to chance. I’ll put my Pinks to work.

I have begun the process with an initial mating, but have still not decided which way I will go. Here is how the lineage looks so far.

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Fallen12

But all breeding is on hold now until after the August new egg drop!  Happy bounce 

Heart HAPPY NURTURING! Heart

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:43 am

Page 7

Am having a wonderful time creating all these lineages out of the ones I get in the abandoned page, but they take so long!  Rolling Eyes And are so fragile. Much more so than an abandoned orphan! I seem to be forever readjusting their feeding schedules to avoid sickness or the need for the ER. Frankly, I have not figured out a solution to either yet.

BUT, I have found some amazingly well done and beautiful lineages.

Have a look ...
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:51 am

The last pairing is mine. Within one generation, I have a glorious Moonstone and Silver Shimmerscale heritage!

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Jumaan10
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:58 am

This one is totally mine. I love my "Assembly Line".

It doesn't matter what breed or gender the eggs are, all will be equally welcome in this under-staffed fertility practice! And I really was understaffed too!

30 Reds and 20 Pinks were simply not enough when I started breeding my own eggs and grabbing new eggs!  Belly laugh 

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Worker10

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:18 am

Magic Waters Line

This lineage is wonderful. Both Umare Ridge and Bethlehem Gold came with their own impressive pedigrees, I am just going to join them together for a lovely effect.

AND, as a bonus, not only do they look good, mating these two has a chance of producing a Shallow Water dragon. One of my (many  flutter eyelashes ) favourites.

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Magic_10

Last edited by JustTheFacts on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:35 am

I have 20 lineages worked out so far, some originating within my own scroll, and about the same where I am trying to rehab a line someone else tossed away. (Which I think is cruel and heartless  Silly face )

This one is a bit different, because you are going here for a block shaped lineage, that ultimately is a pedigree. That is, the progeny may only come from a limited number of sires and dams. Inbreeding, yes. Snobbery, yes. Real life, no.

And this one looked so pretty.  Belly laugh 

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Aureli10
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Here's a cutie! Rolling Eyes 

Although they are found at depths of nearly 2km, the Dragonfish actually starts its life at the surface of the ocean as a result of its egg being buoyant. Like many other deep sea creatures, it eventually becomes capable of producing its own light using a method known as bioluminescence after which it descends to the depths. One of its many light producing photophores can be found on a barbel attached to its lower jaw, which it most likely uses for hunting.

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Dragon10
    JustTheFacts
    JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 am

Oh! And this looks just like my Sunstone  Snicker

Dragon Cave - Helpful Tips & Occasional Ramblings - Page 2 Sunsto10

Sunstone Egg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am