Welcome to GGG, where we talk casual games, books, movies, recipes, indie games, and MORE!

Psychonauts (Platformer-Adventure)

genkicoll

Psychonauts (Platformer-Adventure)

Post by genkicoll on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 am

Psychonauts 
    by Double Fine Productions - April, 2005

Available at:
    GamersGate
    GOG
    Steam

Delve into people's minds as Raz, a powerful young cadet at a psychic summer camp. While working on his merit badge in levitation, Raz discovers that someone is kidnapping psychic children and stealing their brains. To foil this evil plot and earn the title of Psychonaut, Raz must project himself into the mind of one bizarre character after another to battle their nightmares and inner demons. He does all this while continuing to earn psychic merit badges in subjects such as telekinesis, clairvoyance and fire-starting.

This amazing 3D platformer adventure, full of brilliant humor, trippy setting, and surreal action, became famous for its originality and excellence of design. If you're looking for a unique gaming experience, this is a fine pick. More than just fine, as a matter of fact--double fine!

• A brilliant story that will not let go of you until you finish the game
    • An absolutely unique atmosphere with a psychedelical level design by Tim Schafer's famous Double Fine team
    • One of the greatest titles of the platformer genre

JustTheFacts

Re: Psychonauts (Platformer-Adventure)

Post by JustTheFacts on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:26 am

Is the above an example of 3D art? What does that type of graphics (above) get called? Cuz I hate it, and whenever I see it in a HOPA I want to mention it specifically for other people like me, but never know what to call it.

genkicoll

Post by genkicoll on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:21 pm

There's a certain phrase for 3D characters in that kind of design, but I can't remember what it is!

RenaissanceMom

Post by RenaissanceMom on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:08 pm

If the game is good, well acted with an engaging story, I don't mind if it's 2D or 3D, cartoonish or photorealistic. I will enjoy it, and happily make allowance for dated graphics. Wink

JustTheFacts

Post by JustTheFacts on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:37 pm

I tend to agree, but I am a little finicky about graphics I must admit, when they look like that (imagine arrow pointing upwards), but I have happily played adventure games on PS2 with graphics like that, so, as you say, as long as it's got the story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:30 pm

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:30 pm